Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] BIG Alaska - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [MOD] BIG Alaska (/showthread.php?tid=70890)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

- Darkcloud28 - 2010-04-05

thank You Smile)!! Man its works they all here now Smile))

- IamLegend - 2010-04-05

Amra Wrote:Yeah, that's an issue with Alaska. Hitcher had applied a fix for the poster views (Wrap & Fixed) and those two views work fine. The other views weren't fixed but I will see if I can apply a similar fix to them for this mod.

I see. Wasn't using alaska much before your mod so guess i never noticed that bug was already there. Anyhow thanks for looking into it. Also im trying to download your new version from mediafire but it says its damaged or corrupted when i try to open it. Thanks again for all your hard work. cant wait to get my hands on that new panel view.

- Amra - 2010-04-05

IamLegend Wrote:I see. Wasn't using alaska much before your mod so guess i never noticed that bug was already there. Anyhow thanks for looking into it.
I've been busy the last couple days what with the Holiday & Spring Break but I plan on playing with the xml later this week. I hope to come up with a fix.

IamLegend Wrote:Also im trying to download your new version from mediafire but it says its damaged or corrupted when i try to open it. Thanks again for all your hard work. cant wait to get my hands on that new panel view.
I don't know what is going on with your download/extraction attempts but I just tested it & all was fine. Are you using 7-zip to extract it? If you are still having problems, I can look for an alternate download site.

- Amra - 2010-04-05

mcborzu Wrote:<texture background="true" diffuse="banner/bannermatte.png">$INFO
[ListItem.Path,,banner.jpg]</texture>

Thanks for the help mcborzu. Would you suggest making this a permanent change. It worked fine for me with the "/" in the path so I'm not sure which way is the best.

I'm still learning to mod XBMC so I appreciate any help that is given.

- mcborzu - 2010-04-05

I'd give it a shot...ListItem.Path already returns a "/".
Both of these work for me, with and without the "/":
Quote:<texture background="true" diffuse="banner/bannermatte.png">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,banner.jpg]</texture>
<texture background="true" diffuse="banner/bannermatte.png">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,/banner.jpg]</texture>

Maybe for your next upload remove the "/" and see if you get any complaints? But it looks like with the "/" is somehow causing problems for some people?

- IamLegend - 2010-04-06

Amra Wrote:I don't know what is going on with your download/extraction attempts but I just tested it & all was fine. Are you using 7-zip to extract it? If you are still having problems, I can look for an alternate download site.

Finally got it. I use winrar for extracting but after checking the file sizes i noticed that for whatever reason i was only getting a 27mb file instead of the full 51mb. just kept trying till i got the whole thing. gonna fire it up when i get home. thanks again.

- IamLegend - 2010-04-06

Amra Wrote:I've been busy the last couple days what with the Holiday & Spring Break but I plan on playing with the xml later this week. I hope to come up with a fix.

Thanks man.

- Darkcloud28 - 2010-04-06

hello again , i just like to ask how and if its easy to change fonts of the Movie title in a fanart mode to a big fat ones like the AM-PM (time)

thank You , i cant stop having fun with Your mod ! just keep clicking back and fort Smile))

and also i have small problem , its not a big one ...when i sort my movies and play them : after i press STOP in my remote control , the Alaska is gowing to the First movie in my catalog , not to the one i watch , so i have to look for the movie in order to playit again .

i mean i can always press pause and that fine Smile))

- Amra - 2010-04-06

Darkcloud28 Wrote:hello again , i just like to ask how and if its easy to change fonts of the Movie title in a fanart mode to a big fat ones like the AM-PM (time)

Obviously backup your Viewtype_Fanart.xml first then edit it & search for "Font_Panel" and change all instances to "Font_PosterTitle". That should give you the bigger font like the titles in the Poster Wrap view.

Quote:and also i have small problem , its not a big one ...when i sort my movies and play them : after i press STOP in my remote control , the Alaska is gowing to the First movie in my catalog , not to the one i watch , so i have to look for the movie in order to playit again .
That must be something to do with my xml in the Fanart view as I just tested & it only happens in that view. I'll look into it and post a patch if I can find what I did wrong. Still have a lot to learn. Huh

- mcborzu - 2010-04-07

Amra Wrote:That must be something to do with my xml in the Fanart view as I just tested & it only happens in that view. I'll look into it and post a patch if I can find what I did wrong. Still have a lot to learn. Huh

My guess, or Sharpe (Backrow skin) had the same problem and helped me, said it is usually from having multiple id's but different visibles/conditions like:

Quote:<control type="fixedlist" id="54">
<visible>Container.Content(movies)</visible>
<visible>Container.Content(tvshows)</visible>
<visible>Container.Content(episodes)</visible>

I took a peek and think you're only using id="54" once so I'm stumped?

- Amra - 2010-04-07

mcborzu Wrote:My guess, or Sharpe (Backrow skin) had the same problem and helped me, said it is usually from having multiple id's but different visibles/conditions like:

I took a peek and think you're only using id="54" once so I'm stumped?
That actually was it. I needed to assign new ID numbers in the MyVideoNav.xml file with the <views> tag. I had figured it out thanks to a previous post by you in another thread. It seems you already helped me without even knowing it. Big Grin

[EDIT] I should mention that the problem was also happening with the Panel view.

Anyway, Ive fixed it on my computer but I want to try fixing the VideoInfo/Cast problem before posting a new version.

- Necromancyr - 2010-04-07

Just curious, but will this work on 4:3 TVs? Trying to get an XBOX based XBMC setup on one without completely redoing a skin Smile

- Amra - 2010-04-07

Necromancyr Wrote:Just curious, but will this work on 4:3 TVs? Trying to get an XBOX based XBMC setup on one without completely redoing a skin Smile
No, It is not designed for a 4:3 TV.

However, with that being said, I use it on a 7 year old 32" CRT (4:3) TV but it displays in letterbox format via a HDMI cable connection from my computer. With the changes I made, I can comfortably read the text from 10 feet away on my couch.