Kodi Community Forum
Simple Movielist Viewtype with Cover - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Back Row (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+----- Thread: Simple Movielist Viewtype with Cover (/showthread.php?tid=71181)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Simple Movielist Viewtype with Cover - ubuntuf4n - 2010-03-31

Hi Backrow-Devs,

I saw that there are a lot of different Viewtypes integrated into Backrow.
But I'm still missing a simple Movielist-Viewtype, where we have on the left the List and on the right a Cover.
This Viewtype should be Fanart free to enhance the Contrast of the Movie-List.
A bar which could be accessed by pressind 'left' would be good for fast-scrolling.
The Cover could be a Poster which should be scaled to large.

No Special Effects, just a clear one.
I tried it on my own, but that wasn't a good-ending story... Eek

I made a sketch:

Overall such a Viewtype would make the skin even more perfect. Smile

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-05-03

Bump. Rolleyes

- Sharpe - 2010-05-08

The main reason I can't really add this view is that all the video library views are pretty much maxed out - there's no room for any more (no spare ids). So adding something basic like this would mean removing one of the other more detailed views. Not something I really want to go for.

It could be possible to alter the list view in file mode to more resemble this and then maybe add an option to disable file mode fanart so you'd get the black background. That could be possible.

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-05-08

Sharpe Wrote:The main reason I can't really add this view is that all the video library views are pretty much maxed out - there's no room for any more (no spare ids). So adding something basic like this would mean removing one of the other more detailed views. Not something I really want to go for.

It could be possible to alter the list view in file mode to more resemble this and then maybe add an option to disable file mode fanart so you'd get the black background. That could be possible.

Maybe the small wall view could be replaced ?

If you can't do that, than I would be very glad, if you could disable the fanart, as mentioned. Big Grin

The main Idea was a view like 'List 1' with disabled Fanart and a large simple cover on the right part.

As I mentioned earlier this year, this skin is almost perfect, just this missing view is (IMHO) annoying for a enhanced viewing experience.
Especially the Banner-Views of Backrow are definitely outstanding. :-)

Best Regards

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-05-18

Bump...

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-05-24

Bump.......

- Jeroen - 2010-05-24

@sharpe: I don't think there's a limitation with regards to the available id's anymore. You can use id's out of the 50-59 range and use <views>50,51,63</views> for example to include the views in myvideonav.xml.
I don't use this myself, but it is possible.

- Sharpe - 2010-05-24

Oh really? - That's very interesting. I shall check this out right away.

Thanks Jeroen - ReFocus is looking superb btw!

- Jeroen - 2010-05-24

Thank you, glad to be of help Smile good luck

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-05-28

sharpe, so any chance to implement this one ?

- Waffa - 2010-05-28

Jeroen Wrote:@sharpe: I don't think there's a limitation with regards to the available id's anymore. You can use id's out of the 50-59 range and use <views>50,51,63</views> for example to include the views in myvideonav.xml.
I don't use this myself, but it is possible.

You're the man...thank u Big Grin
Added <views>...</views>..and that did the trick.

Tried before adding more views but they stayed visible if id was not 50-59 Confused
Skinning manual says
Wiki:
Quote:views
This tag lets you use view id's beyond 50 to 59 it also lets you set the order in which they cycle with the change view button in the skin. Only useful in My<Foo>.xml windows.

So did give up..... Thank u again Big Grin

- Sharpe - 2010-05-30

ubuntuf4n Wrote:sharpe, so any chance to implement this one ?

Well I've pulled something together that could be an option (still personally not entirely sure how well such a blank list view would fit with the rest of the skin).

The thing is though, the way the skin's views are all co-dependant and intertwined, means that in order to add this view I'd have to remove the Smaller Icon wall view. The <views></views> option won't do exactly what I want without a whole redesign of the video library views.

I thought I'd see what people think?

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-05-30

Many Thanks Sharpe, ! Big Grin

That looks great, I know this is simple, but it has a very clean layout which let the user browse their entire library in a very comfortable way.

Good to see that there is also on the left a scrollbar included (for faster scrolling).

btw, I am sure that also other users will agree that this view is a win-win addition for backrow. Smile
If the easiest way is to do it by replacing the smallwall-view, than I would say to do it that way.

Made my day,
ubuntuf4n

- djdafreund - 2010-05-30

I wouldn't suggest replacing the small wall view personally, as a lot of people might be using this view for system more stressed out or just plain like the look. We generally try not to REMOVE something already there. But i think a good compromise would be to use the list view we have that always did kind of need some touches for a while. I forgot right now the list view number (smaller list view and not bigger with image on each line.), since it's already pretty close to what is like in the image, minus the big cover on the right, and adding the info for each line to match like in shot above. So just some editing and tweaking would be needed.
Sharpe, i would agree with you that although it looks good, it's not quite fitting (B/W look) with everything else. Ubuntuf4n, would it be acceptable at least have a normal background so it at least fits better with the rest of the skin? Not saying to use fanart (wouldn't want this either) but just meaning to use either the curtain screen (like used on rest) or something at least just so it fits. Would that still be cool with what your looking for? Most of the screen would still be darker grey mostly like you see in the shot (can do this with a dark overlay background we already have)

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-05-31

djdafreund Wrote:...Ubuntuf4n, would it be acceptable at least have a normal background so it at least fits better with the rest of the skin? Not saying to use fanart (wouldn't want this either) but just meaning to use either the curtain screen (like used on rest) or something at least just so it fits. Would that still be cool with what your looking for? Most of the screen would still be darker grey mostly like you see in the shot (can do this with a dark overlay background we already have)

djdafreund thanks for your reply, Big Grin

do you have any kind of screenshot, so that I may have a look on your idea regarding the implementation of the background ?

Sharpe's screenshot is pretty much perfect, but I think we should try everything to get a good solution for everyone.
This view should be simple but also offering a good visual experience while scrolling a large database.

a) Therefore it would be ergonomically useful if the year and runtime could be moved / removed for nearly doubling the amount of movies in a single page. As far as I can see, the contrast ratio between the background and the text is in the current state very good.

b) Maybe it would be better if the empty space in the upper/lower part could used just a a little bit more to enlarge the whole skin , some people will have a large empty space, even more if they disable the clock.

c) Please dont integrate any annoying special effects

Overall I am really amazed from the view, pretty much stays on the 'design follows function'-principle. Smile