Kodi Community Forum
ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread (/showthread.php?tid=71954)

- ppic - 2010-06-25

Kode Wrote:mcborzu and Sranshaft: i tried to send you both a pm, but it keeps saying i have no sent ones, so i'll put it here:

what you get in download are not clearart but logo no ?

- hikaricore - 2010-06-25

I think he's just using the wrong terminology tbh, he's on the right track though. :p

- mcborzu - 2010-06-25

Actually I just took a peek...I was thrown off at first because of the banner images but you are probably linking the TV show name and then putting the banner image just to help identify the show.

Couple things I can think of:

1. Should just be called Logo or Logos, clearART is something different and clearTITLE might confuse people. Everyone know what Logo means...

2. Maybe just get rid of the banners and replace that image with the logo so then people don't think the site is just for banners. Unless you're thinking of doing something with banners but doesn't the tvdb already the banner market cornered?

3. This seems really clever/smart:

Quote:Basically if someone enters a thetvdb id in the search box on the right and theres no clearart for it, it puts it in the request section, then anyone can upload images to fulfil the request. An admin can then approve or deny the image.

4. I'm fine with anything thats makes it easier for end users. It's not that hard for me to manage but if it makes it easier for me that helps. I'd rather spend time playing with my skin or creating other skins than managing logo's...

5. Other than being confused by the banners and the clearART title it seems pretty good so far

- Sranshaft - 2010-06-25

Kode Wrote:mcborzu and Sranshaft: i tried to send you both a pm, but it keeps saying i have no sent ones, so i'll put it here:

I had a quick look at your site and I have to say it's pretty decent. I really like the way you've implemented the request feature. I have a few suggestions.
  • Search by show title. This would save having to open two tabs, one for your site and one for getting the id at thetvdb.org.

• Batch downloading.

• Changing the terminology as suggested by the others above me. Logos would seem more appropriate.

All in all, I think this definitely the way to go and I'd be happy to help out in any way I can. Big Grin

- Kode - 2010-06-25

Yeah, i am using the wrong terminology, but i wasn't sure what the proper title for these were, and they are kinda related to clearart so i just used the same name, sorry for the confusion Wink Also the reason i've used the banners is just to identify the show, but i can see how you could get confused, but clicking on the banner or title shows you the image. Also, as you can see from the first entry, theres no english title in the thetvdb database for that so with the banner you can at least identify the show, although having the first clearart would do that too.

As i said, its quite rough at the moment, i plan to allow searching by id or name. Batch downloading is semi done, if you click on the Download all images link in the requests section, it generates a zip file on the fly with all the images, or at least thats the theory, i've limited it to 500 images at the moment because it was taking so long to generate the zip, so going to have to rethink this, might have it build the zip file every couple of hours or something instead of on the fly.

How do you do your matching at the moment, theres a few images i couldn't scrape because of abnormal names, atm im splitting out by - getting the 2nd one and removing any instances on .png this matched 95% of the images, but there were some with name123244.png and some with - in the name like stargatesg-1-432432.png but i can manually find the ones im missing, there arent many.

Also i plan to set it up so when an image is approved it finds how many images the series currently has and add the number on, so say friends, if there were already 2 it would name it friends-12345-2.png if there were none, just friends-12345.png which should make it easier for scripts if its automated.

If you register on the site i'll add your usernames to the list, then when you click on an image it should have a delete button next to it (if you delete the only image it will place it back into the request list) and on pending requests there will be an approve and a deny button when you click on the banner or title.

- mcborzu - 2010-06-25

95% sounds about right, the vast majority should be:

tvshowname-12345.png -best looking main logo
tvshowname-12345-2.png -alternates

I assume a few slipped by that might be named incorrect. ppic, who created the script and szsori said as long as thetvdb id was in there scrapping or uploading to the tvdb in the future should be easy.

- ppic - 2010-06-25

naming convention we've made is:

tvshowname-tvdbid(-x).png

x only there if two or more logo exists for the show

have you an api to grab them by script?

also, good work !

- Kode - 2010-06-25

yeah it should be, i just didnt realise they weren't all named like that when i did the initial scrape, i just need to write something to go through the database and remove any orphaned/incorrectly scraped entries then i can see which ones are missing easily enough Smile

- Kode - 2010-06-25

ppic Wrote:naming convention we've made is:

tvshowname-tvdbid(-x).png

x only there if two or more logo exists for the show

have you an api to grab them by script?

also, good work !

ppic: yeah, i based my scraping on that, there are only a few that are incorrectly named, and like i said, names with hyphens in them didnt work properly, i should have started from the end but i didn't realise, should be simple enough for me to fix though.

as for an API tell me what you need and how you want it presented and i'll do it right now Smile

- ppic - 2010-06-25

an url to search for a tvshow by id, return a list of related logo (i'm not hard on results type, xml, json ... what you wan't, i should be able to handle it).
you can see how xbmcstuff.com is doing that on it website

- Kode - 2010-06-25

Sranshaft i saw you registered, i've added you to the list, you should be able to deny/approve/delete images now.

ppic, i'll build something now Smile

- Sranshaft - 2010-06-25

Excellent mate, thanks for that.

- mcborzu - 2010-06-25

I just signed up...

What happens on a denied image? Do they go into a "sandbox" type area? Would you think of a xbmcstuff.com/tvdb.com type site where anyone can upload? Or would you rather just have a select few upload?

Just thinking outloud, I know this is still early...

- Kode - 2010-06-25

at the moment denied ones are deleted, absolutely anyone can upload, but they arent moved to the Shows list until they are approved, until then they show in the Requests section as pending, but i'm open to ideas.

Ive added you to the list as well mcborzu, so you should be able to approve/deny/delete

*edit* I kind of saw the Requests area as a sandbox type area, i need to allow uploads to already established series as well, didn't think of that

- mcborzu - 2010-06-25

Kode Wrote:at the moment denied ones are deleted, absolutely anyone can upload, but they arent moved to the Shows list until they are approved

That seems perfectly fine...

Only thing I could think of is what if a user uploaded a image and is denied does he get any notification? I hate to lose a contributer if he spent time making an image but then thinks the site is broke because he doesnt know why it didnt get listed...