Kodi Community Forum
ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread (/showthread.php?tid=71954)

- hikaricore - 2010-08-22

I don't make mistakes. :p

- zwat - 2010-08-27

anyway to delete a request on lockstockmods?

seems to go much slower from requesting till it gets made now that it's on that site. before when requesting here in forum they usually was done within 24hrs but now there are requests waiting 21 days and counting. probably more requests now tho, but still pretty slow Sad hope more artists help with the logos, cause they kick ass!

- Kode - 2010-08-27

Its a difficult situation, there are currently 321 pending requests and every day more are added. If you know any artists ask them to help out.

I'm honestly not sure what to do, its probably quite discouraging for the contributers that no matter how many logos they do its not making a dent.

I could cap requests so that when it reaches say 150 requests it disables requests until the queue is down to 50, but i don't know if this would discourage people from contributing and adding their requests.

I could purge the current request list.

I could allow only 10 requests a day.

I could cap a user to only 1 request a day.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know, also, please encourage anyone you know to try helping out with logos.

- Sranshaft - 2010-08-27

The majority of the requests on the list at the moment are obscure titles without a lot of sources to work with. This means having to either submit sub-par images or taking the time to recreate them by hand. While I do this myself most of the time, it still takes nearly 15-20 minutes for each one. 20 minutes multiplied by the 300 or so requests needed equals a hell of a lot of time.

I would suggest suspending requests until we can get the list down. After that, perhaps limit the amount of requests available to the user to say 5. From there they would be on a contribute for requests scheme (2 requests for each image contributed).

- mcborzu - 2010-08-27

Kode Wrote:Its a difficult situation, there are currently 321 pending requests and every day more are added. If you know any artists ask them to help out.

I'm honestly not sure what to do, its probably quite discouraging for the contributers that no matter how many logos they do its not making a dent.

I could cap requests so that when it reaches say 150 requests it disables requests until the queue is down to 50, but i don't know if this would discourage people from contributing and adding their requests.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know, also, please encourage anyone you know to try helping out with logos.

I would rather not scare off guys by capping or deleting requests. It just is what it is, they got to be realistic in knowing these shows are kind of obscure now so finding sources is getting more difficult. Heck even around 20-30 of these shows don't even have banner art, that shows how rare these requests are. Out of the 300+ shows on there right now I probably heard of like 15 them....

Cool thing is I'm noticing alot of new names contributing...

- zwat - 2010-08-27

5 max per user with +2 for each contribution seems like a good system.

the request i placed by error is comedy central last laugh. feel free to do what u want with it.

- Danielocean - 2010-08-27

Kode Wrote:Its a difficult situation, there are currently 321 pending requests and every day more are added. If you know any artists ask them to help out.

if you want i can help you... still no account, but i have to Wink
someone else added two logos i've made for german shows, "alarm für cobra 11" & "der letzte bulle"... is think logos in that way are ok?!

if you are interested, sent me a pm and let me know how to work together... Wink

Logo help - cablecar1 - 2010-08-28

Love the Night skin, can someone help with Clear Logo's, I am using the latest Dharma build and have placed Tv logos in TV root folders and renamed to logo.png. But I can not see the in XBMC, just a solid line appears.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- t2ffn - 2010-08-29

Could someone make a Fact or Faked logo please

http://www.watchmojo.com/tv/series/Fact%20or%20Faked:%20Paranormal%20Files/

Thanks

- hikaricore - 2010-08-30

This needs to be gotten under control...
Someone today requested over 100 anime series including garbage duplicates that have not yet been merged or removed...
Personally I've been juggling about 3 other projects so I've been unable to contribute as much as I'd like but this makes it that much less appealing.

- Danielocean - 2010-08-30

over 100 requests from ONE user?!?

What a guy is that... if they are such a greedy ppl, i want to withdraw my commitment to help with the logos... with such guys, that will be a never ending story.... only post a lot of requests and they even do anything...

- hikaricore - 2010-08-30

Update he's now requested nearly 250 anime series.
I have to assume it's one user as they were all requested today...

- Sranshaft - 2010-08-30

This is why I suggested a maximum total of requests and once they are used the user would only get more requests if they contributed. Also, perhaps Kode could set up a request graveyard. After a certain amount of time, say 30 days, the request would be removed from the main request section.

- Kode - 2010-08-31

I've removed all his requests, he submitted 206 requests today

- DejaVu - 2010-09-01

t2ffn Wrote:Could someone make a Fact or Faked logo please

http://www.watchmojo.com/tv/series/Fact%20or%20Faked:%20Paranormal%20Files/

Thanks

Made a few of these the last few days. Put a request in on LockStockMods and I'll fullfil it shortly. Smile