Kodi Community Forum
ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread (/showthread.php?tid=71954)

- Kode - 2010-10-26

When an image is denied the uploader is emailed the reason for the denial automatically.

In this instance:
Denied by: hikaricore
Reason: Image is not of high enough quality. Needs some cleanup and the right edge is cropped off.

Reason: Image is not of high enough quality

Reason: Duplicate

In addition to hikaricores comments i'd also mention that the first image has cropping of the image and drop shadow on the bottom as well

- ppic - 2010-10-26

ok, i'll check my mail Wink thanks

- hikaricore - 2010-10-26

I just assumed you read your emails because you almost always fix them and resubmit. :p

- ppic - 2010-10-26

you know what !

I haven't read them, just figure it out myself when upload.

- hikaricore - 2010-10-26

I've been writing helpful advice to you on how to fix logos for months and you weren't reading it? You lazy bastard. Smile

- ppic - 2010-10-26

yes, i've readed it, and change it myself after uploaded it...

why? don't know, maybe my brain runs at 2 differents speed o_O

- Kode - 2010-10-26

lmao.

At some point I'm going to do a module so when people log into the backend they will be able to see any images they have pending, and any images that have been denied, with the option to resubmit when fixed

- ppic - 2010-10-26

i've found mails in my unwanted mails ...

- KidKiwi - 2010-10-27

I'd like to suggest a "PENDING" is put in place for shows that still require a logo. This could be easily achieved by just creating a logo with the word "PENDING" (in red say) and uploading it into the show. This way, it would remove that show from the queue, and someone is then taking responsibility for it.

Why...I spent over an hour last night searching for artwork and working on the "Tomorrow People" - then got called away to dinner, so never finished it. Today I see it has already been added - therefore time wasted. I'm sure this has happened to others.

EDIT:

I've also created logos for

Helen of Troy (x1)
The Blue and the Gray (x1)
Invasion Earth (x1)
Return to Lonesome Dove (x1)
Streets of Laredo (x1)

- hikaricore - 2010-10-27

The tomorrow people logo isn't very good tbh, i only approved it because of the insane rarity of art for the series. We do allow multiple logos so if you have a better one time is hardly being wasted. As for your idea i suspect a lot of shows would get marked pending and never actually end up getting done. Probably more trouble than it's worth..

- KidKiwi - 2010-10-27

Fair Enough

hikaricore Wrote:The tomorrow people logo isn't very good tbh, i only approved it because of the insane rarity of art for the series.

Artwork for the series is REALLY rare. My logo would've probably been the same. I was thinking about re-drawing it from scratchOo

- Kode - 2010-10-27

Re-drawing would probably be the best bet in this case then. As hikaricore said, multiple images can be uploaded for a series, just search for the show in question, click the banner and you should be able to upload from there.

- hikaricore - 2010-10-27

@DejaVu: Please be sure to fix up your images and resubmit them. I feel that I need to stress here that these are almost good logos but many of them have rough edges that could be fixed with some minor work such as feathering, tracing, and conveniently placed drop shadows. I'm sorry I had to deny almost all of your submissions but they are just not acceptable in their current form. If you need further explanation of what is wrong don't be afraid to ask.

- DejaVu - 2010-10-28

(on it!) Wink

Googling logo's doesnt give great definition images, but I've been hunting high and low to try to help get some of them requests out of the way!

BTW- If you deny the new Scooby Doo MI one, I'll be very upset :p,
Time that was done! Been there for ages and took ages to sort out!!

It came from - http://www.boomerangtv.co.uk/shows/scooby-doo-mystery-inc/ (Flash enlarged!) Smile

Is there no place on LockstockMods that contributors can share ideas? I did look....?

- mcborzu - 2010-10-28

DejaVu77 Wrote:(on it!) Wink
Googling logo's doesnt give great definition images, but I've been hunting high and low to try to help get some of them requests out of the way!

Mostly it's popularity - Dexter, Lost, Chuck, etc... you'll find tons of hi-res stuff. All these odd British and misc. shows left over are a pain to find any image above 200x200