Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Fusion - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Fusion Migma (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+----- Thread: [WIP] Fusion - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=72612)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

- paul - 2010-06-30

nice yet again, really looking forward to seeing this one in actionNod

- MarkTaunton - 2010-06-30

Just out of interest, what software do you use to grab the videos? I tried one software package, a free one, but sadly was not very good.

Regards

Mark

- igotdvds - 2010-06-30

MarkTaunton Wrote:Just out of interest, what software do you use to grab the videos? I tried one software package, a free one, but sadly was not very good.

Regards

Mark

use FRAPS.

- nickkarstedt - 2010-06-30

Arcanthur Wrote:This is for the people wanting to showcase their fanart. "BIGFAN" view is made as simplistic as possible while still trying to retain the style of the skin.

Its actually pretty cool, the fanart itself is the wraplist and the fanarts scroll left/right with animated scroll arrows.

Side note: I will likely have a short video of the skin in action soon. Wink

An option to include the plot in this would be awesome. Great work so far btw, looks beautiful.

- circle_ - 2010-07-01

Arcanthur Wrote:This is for the people wanting to showcase their fanart. "BIGFAN" view is made as simplistic as possible while still trying to retain the style of the skin.

Its actually pretty cool, the fanart itself is the wraplist and the fanarts scroll left/right with animated scroll arrows.

Side note: I will likely have a short video of the skin in action soon. Wink

FANtastic. Can't wait to see this in action in the video.

Icon View - Arcanthur - 2010-07-01

Before I make a small video there's a view things I need to work on, also in light of the Add-Ons icons becoming more unified, I created this view, which also happens to go quite nice in the music section Cool

- Wraul - 2010-07-01

Looks like this skin is shaping up to be absolutely amazing.
This will most certainly be my skin of choice once it's released.

The following is not a request and should be regarded more like a reflection upon how I view the skin and how it appears to me. You can do what you want with it, read it, ignore it, laugh at it or just fall asleep because it's boring.

I really love how you are aiming for a clean look without unnecessary bloat an information displaying in all the views. One don't need to have all information displaying all the time.

The mockup of the Episode list is one of my favorites. I know that it's not entirely your original creation, but you are improving the already great concept and it showcases the cleanliness I was talking about above.
Only showing the thumb and plot for the currently selected episode, yet keeps the episodes in a consistent list. The air date takes a low profile keeping focus on whats really important.
The only other thing you are displaying is the watched/unwatched flags. They communicate vital information in an unintrusive, easily understandable way.
I'm a little sad seeing the flags missing from the implemented episode list screenshot and I'm hoping they will return in the final version.

The new home screen is in my eyes a great improvement over your first, which was the mockup I liked the least.
When I first saw the new home screen my thoughts went like this (sorry for the rather crude paint over, I hope I'm not offending you in any way):

Maybe that's the behavior you are planing, maybe not.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing this skin in action in the upcoming video.
Continue the good work and keep it clean :p

- mfwilli - 2010-07-02

Definately gonna be using this one. Here's hoping the original home screen, TV banner pic and List view with 'HD' tags make the final cut. Perhaps display recently added movies on left, and tv shows on right? (not sure if this is possible)

And is it just me, or does the list view seem like a bit of empty space towards the bottom?

Awesome looking skin.

- Arcanthur - 2010-07-03

Wraul Wrote:Looks like this skin is shaping up to be absolutely amazing.
This will most certainly be my skin of choice once it's released.

The following is not a request and should be regarded more like a reflection upon how I view the skin and how it appears to me. You can do what you want with it, read it, ignore it, laugh at it or just fall asleep because it's boring...

Thanks for the thoughtful response, and yes that is the indended behavior of the home screen, but work hasn't started on it yet so we'll see how it goes.

mfwilli Wrote:Definately gonna be using this one. Here's hoping the original home screen, TV banner pic and List view with 'HD' tags make the final cut. Perhaps display recently added movies on left, and tv shows on right? (not sure if this is possible)

HD Flags are now in all movie views, including list. Also worked on pretty much finalizing the layout / look of posterwrap. Here is a pic of current progress:

- pettson3816 - 2010-07-03

Arcanthur Wrote:Thanks for the thoughtful response, and yes that is the indended behavior of the home screen, but work hasn't started on it yet so we'll see how it goes.

HD Flags are now in all movie views, including list. Also worked on pretty much finalizing the layout / look of posterwrap. Here is a pic of current progress:

I gotta say,this is the most promising skin i've seen in a while. I might be switching back and forth between ReFocus and this one. I love the clean look of it. And also, you got good taste in music it seems. Nod

- Blackbolt - 2010-07-05

What I say is pure honesty.

I've never used a cleaner, easier to use, beautiful to navigate skin ever before. This skin even in its incomplete form pisses all over anything that has come before. It really is that good.

You can tell that Arcanthur has thought long and hard about the placement, size and shape of every single element on-screen, everything feels like it's exactly where it should be. Its just so clean and beautiful to use.

It's safe to say that ideas arcanthur uses here in fusion will be completely ripped off by me for Ellipsis and even any future projects. Smile

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-07-06

Blackbolt Wrote:What I say is pure honesty.

I've never used a cleaner, easier to use, beautiful to navigate skin ever before. This skin even in its incomplete form pisses all over anything that has come before. It really is that good.

You guys are great, can't wait for putting my hands on.. Big Grin

Blackbolt Wrote:...
It's safe to say that ideas arcanthur uses here in fusion will be completely ripped off by me for Ellipsis and even any future projects. Smile

Ellipsis, is a great skin and you may always share your know-how (however, few extra views would be cool Smile )

Just keep it up, I am always checking this thread for new updates, and I'm getting very happy when I see one of those sneak peeks... Laugh

- mfwilli - 2010-07-06

Arcanthur Wrote:HD Flags are now in all movie views, including list. Also worked on pretty much finalizing the layout / look of posterwrap. Here is a pic of current progress:

Great to hear. I've been waiting for a list view to implement HD flags actually in the lists themselves. Simple and clean without plot, studios, writers and media flags, etc cluttering the joint up. The perfect skin in my opinion.

Keep up the good work!

- paul - 2010-07-06

Blackbolt Wrote:What I say is pure honesty.

You can tell that Arcanthur has thought long and hard about the placement, size and shape of every single element on-screen, everything feels like it's exactly where it should be. Its just so clean and beautiful to use.

High praise indeed. it does look rather good

- Blackbolt - 2010-07-06

paul Wrote:High praise indeed. it does look rather good

I know people will just think I'm saying that because Arc is in Team Blackbolt, but the it's the honest truth, its simple beautiful to use. I'm really looking forward to the new home page. It's fun to use a skin as its being developed, without actually working on it, I love finding all the new stuff thats been added every time I update it.