help us translate addons - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Translations and Language Files (/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Thread: help us translate addons (/showthread.php?tid=72837)
help us translate addons - spiff - 2010-04-27 11:24
tons of new fun for translators available
let's start with scrapers.
1) description/summary/disclaimer/title in description.xml's (see http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/29523)
2) scraper settings labels (note, not all scrapers have been converted yet. if this is the case, just translate and i'll make sure the strings get used). these are stored as normal translations (i.e. resources/language/<Lang>)
submit at trac.
- sebak - 2010-04-29 00:00
What's the best way to commit description/summary/disclaimer/title in description.xml's: diff's or do we reupload the entire xml?
- jmarshall - 2010-04-29 02:32
Diff's are easiest for us.
- sebak - 2010-04-29 17:56
Ok, I'm working on Dutch translations.
- kimp93 - 2010-05-04 18:12
Just to be to clear about description.xml.
Is it OK?
- spiff - 2010-05-04 19:07
yeah. except no reason to translate the title unless you have something to translate (goes for all fields but title is the most likely to be left alone).
also a lot of the english descriptions are just placeholders, feel free to give suggestions for better english descriptions etc as well.
- Dakhar - 2010-05-04 20:56
I want to help you with Russian translations, but I can't understand how to apply my translation to the source
- kimp93 - 2010-05-04 21:22
Dakhar Wrote:I want to help you with Russian translations, but I can't understand how to apply my translation to the source
You are not applying changes yourself. You make a diff from current source, then post it to the trac.
Should I change encoding based on what xml indicate? Virtually all description xml and strings.xml are ANSI while xml indicate they should be UTF-8.
- jmarshall - 2010-05-04 23:53
Please use utf8, yes. Doesn't really matter whether the BOM is there or not as we specify it in the XML.
- kimp93 - 2010-05-05 06:08
jmarshall Wrote:Please use utf8, yes. Doesn't really matter whether the BOM is there or not as we specify it in the XML.
Thanks for response. translation added on the trac.