Kodi Community Forum
Zbox hd-id11 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Zbox hd-id11 (/showthread.php?tid=73052)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

- angrycamel - 2010-10-18

I moved my wireless troubleshooting to it's own thread. Figured it was off topic for such a general topic thread.

Here it is for posterity... http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=628137#post628137

- JRock - 2010-10-22

Anybody have any luck getting the the Audio over HDMI to work with this box on the Beta 3 release? I can't seem to. The only way I can get the sound working is to use the XBMCFreak beta 2 version. thanks

- derekvan - 2010-10-23

yes--i've got audio over HDMI working on Beta3 (XBMC-Live, not freak). I did a clean install of it and selected the Nvidia option in the audio settings.

- JRock - 2010-10-23

Really, I've tried Beta 3 Live as well and get no sound Sad

I selected HDMI and the Nvidia options......

Just out of curiosity I plugged in some external speakers into the front audio jack and sound worked. Obviously this isn't over the HDMI port.

derekvan Wrote:yes--i've got audio over HDMI working on Beta3 (XBMC-Live, not freak). I did a clean install of it and selected the Nvidia option in the audio settings.

- JRock - 2010-10-23

lol....I played a Tv show and the sound is coming from the HDMI port. It seems the menu screens don't have sound over the HDMI only the front speaker port with a pair of external speakers.

This is strange Smile I guess Im getting closer

- BoxFreak - 2010-10-23

After installation of Dharma Beta 3 follow this manual, and the fix audio part: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:_Install_XBMC_on_ZBOXHD-ID11

No navigation sounds, though, but who needs them anyway?

And if I remember correctly you don´t even have to edit that alsabase.conf, it´s already fixed. Just set up the sound settings in the GUI.

- JRock - 2010-10-23

I've noticed different skins effect the sound as well. I had it working with Aeon Showtime but then installed Transparency! and it makes a scratchy screech when I start to play a movie....

BoxFreak Wrote:After installation of Dharma Beta 3 follow this manual, and the fix audio part: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:_Install_XBMC_on_ZBOXHD-ID11

No navigation sounds, though, but who needs them anyway?

And if I remember correctly you don´t even have to edit that alsabase.conf, it´s already fixed. Just set up the sound settings in the GUI.

Problems with MCE-remote? - BoxFreak - 2010-10-24

Does anyone else have this problem with MCE-remote under live, that it doesn´t work at all after resuming from S3? The red indicator blinks OK when using remote, but XBMC doesn´t respond. Keyboard works fine. Resuming with remote seems to be a common problem, but am I the only one whose remote doesn´t work at all after resuming? After reboot remote works fine.

- wiz561 - 2010-10-24

JRock Wrote:Really, I've tried Beta 3 Live as well and get no sound Sad

I selected HDMI and the Nvidia options......

Just out of curiosity I plugged in some external speakers into the front audio jack and sound worked. Obviously this isn't over the HDMI port.

Check out the alsa-base.conf file and add the following....

options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=0 probe_mask=0xffff,0xfff2

See if this fixes it. For additional details on howto do this, check out the wiki article.

I've found that even though this should be fixed is beta2 and beta3, audio over HDMI still didn't work. Once I added this line, it worked fine.

- wiz561 - 2010-10-24

BoxFreak Wrote:Does anyone else have this problem with MCE-remote under live, that it doesn´t work at all after resuming from S3? The red indicator blinks OK when using remote, but XBMC doesn´t respond. Keyboard works fine. Resuming with remote seems to be a common problem, but am I the only one whose remote doesn´t work at all after resuming? After reboot remote works fine.

When you say S3, do you mean hibernate or sleep? I believe S3 means hibernate.

A few things to verify is that somewhere in the system config part of the xbmc gui, there's an option that says remote emulates keyboard presses...or something like that. Make sure that's checked. Also, check out this file and make sure it says' enabled' for all usb options. If they're not, check out the wiki article on how to enable it in the file.

xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ cat /proc/acpi/wakeup
Device S-state Status Sysfs node
P0P1 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:1e.0
P0P4 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:1c.0
P0P5 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:1c.1
P0P6 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:1c.2
P0P7 S4 disabled
P0P8 S4 disabled
P0P9 S4 disabled
USB0 S3 enabled pci:0000:00:1d.0
USB1 S3 enabled pci:0000:00:1d.1
USB2 S3 enabled pci:0000:00:1d.2
USB3 S3 enabled pci:0000:00:1d.3
EUSB S3 disabled pci:0000:00:1d.7
xbmc@XBMCLive:~$

- BoxFreak - 2010-10-24

wiz561 Wrote:When you say S3, do you mean hibernate or sleep? I believe S3 means hibernate.

A few things to verify is that somewhere in the system config part of the xbmc gui, there's an option that says remote emulates keyboard presses...or something like that. Make sure that's checked. Also, check out this file and make sure it says' enabled' for all usb options. If they're not, check out the wiki article on how to enable it in the file.

xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ cat /proc/acpi/wakeup
Device S-state Status Sysfs node
P0P1 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:1e.0
P0P4 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:1c.0
P0P5 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:1c.1
P0P6 S4 disabled pci:0000:00:1c.2
P0P7 S4 disabled
P0P8 S4 disabled
P0P9 S4 disabled
USB0 S3 enabled pci:0000:00:1d.0
USB1 S3 enabled pci:0000:00:1d.1
USB2 S3 enabled pci:0000:00:1d.2
USB3 S3 enabled pci:0000:00:1d.3
EUSB S3 disabled pci:0000:00:1d.7
xbmc@XBMCLive:~$

I have done this, and the problem isn´t waking up from S3, it is that the remote doesn´t work at all after waking up eventhough I use the power button to wake the machine up. It would be a great improvement if it would work so suspend could be used instead of totally shutting the machine down.

- JRock - 2010-10-24

Yea I've checked that and the line is there. So i never re-added it. As it stands I have no menu sounds, I can play movies but they will make a screech when i push pause or play. The Menu sounds seem to work if I plug speakers into the front audio jack......

wiz561 Wrote:I've found that even though this should be fixed is beta2 and beta3, audio over HDMI still didn't work. Once I added this line, it worked fine.

- derekvan - 2010-10-24

BoxFreak Wrote:I have done this, and the problem isn´t waking up from S3, it is that the remote doesn´t work at all after waking up eventhough I use the power button to wake the machine up. It would be a great improvement if it would work so suspend could be used instead of totally shutting the machine down.

One thing you might try is putting the remote in a different USB slot. I had mine in the ones by the eSata and that didn't work. Moved it to one of the other ones, and it worked perfect. You can also follow step 8 from this guide (it worked for me): http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:_Install_XBMC_on_ZBOXHD-ID11

- Jyujinkai - 2010-11-01

There is a post on page 4 to get the audio working though the HDMI Port...

I did this stuff here and it mostly worked... defiantly making progress but some of the end steps didn't work.. and now I have sound... but ONLY if I have analouge selected, and it set to default.. when I try to set it to digital i get nothing. I also have to have downmix from DTS ticked.

cron0 Wrote:Configure module options. Add the following to /etc/modprobe.d/sound.conf
Code:
[*] Configure ALSA. Add the following to /etc/asound.conf
Code:
pcm.!default hdmi:NVidia
pcm:iec958 hdmi:NVidia
[*] Configure PulseAudio. You need this for sounds from XBMC's interface and outside XBMC. Add this to /etc/pulse/default.pa
Code:
load-module module-alsa-sink device=hw:1,3

These are the steps that were a bit weird....

This didn't exist - /etc/modprobe.d/sound.conf

but there was a file called alsa-base.conf

So i added the line

to the very base of that file.. right at the bottom

Also I am unsure what edit to do to - /etc/asound.conf, as you can see it dosn't really tell me what I should do .. the original file is...

Code:
pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
pcm "hdmi"
}
}

So I changed it to

Code:
pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
pcm "hdmi"
}
}
pcm.!default hdmi:NVidia
pcm:iec958 hdmi:NVidia

Is that correct?

And last... This didn't exist..

/etc/pulse/default.pa

instead there was a file called client.conf, I added teh line to the very base of THAT file..

Is that correct?

-----------------

Now in XBMC Live I have audio clicks on the menu (running though the HDMI) but as i said i only get audio on video if I have it set to ANALOGUE ... how can I get it to work on digital. I have new options in XBMC audio.. like NVIDIA-HDMI and stuff... but no varience of selecting these options seam to do anything....

Here is the print out of teh test that post told me to do as well..

Code:
xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC888 Analog [ALC888 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: ALC888 Digital [ALC888 Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: NVIDIA HDMI [NVIDIA HDMI]
  Subdevices: 0/1

xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ aplay -L
null
    Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
front:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC888 Analog
    Front speakers
surround40:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC888 Analog
    4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers
surround41:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC888 Analog
    4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
surround50:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC888 Analog
    5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers
surround51:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC888 Analog
    5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
surround71:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC888 Analog
    7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
iec958:CARD=Intel,DEV=0
    HDA Intel, ALC888 Digital
    IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
hdmi:CARD=NVidia
    HDA NVidia, NVIDIA HDMI
    HDMI Audio Output

and

Code:
xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ aplay --version
aplay: version 1.0.23 by Jaroslav Kysela <[email protected]>

Any help would be appreciated

- Gnaddel - 2010-11-03

Hi there,

I ran into a problem with my optical audio output yesterday. It worked fine until I installed the XBMC-standalone package. I went with the normal xbmc package until then.
I used the hdmi fix from the tutorial to get some sound until I figure out how to get the spdif out working again. Here is my current alsa-base.conf:

Code:
# autoloader aliases
install sound-slot-0 /sbin/modprobe snd-card-0
install sound-slot-1 /sbin/modprobe snd-card-1
install sound-slot-2 /sbin/modprobe snd-card-2
install sound-slot-3 /sbin/modprobe snd-card-3
install sound-slot-4 /sbin/modprobe snd-card-4
install sound-slot-5 /sbin/modprobe snd-card-5
install sound-slot-6 /sbin/modprobe snd-card-6
install sound-slot-7 /sbin/modprobe snd-card-7

# Cause optional modules to be loaded above generic modules
install snd /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd $CMDLINE_OPTS && { /sbin/modprobe --quiet --use-blacklist snd-ioctl32 ; /sbin/modprobe --quiet --use-blacklist snd-seq ; }
#
# Workaround at bug #499695 (reverted in Ubuntu see LP #319505)
install snd-pcm /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-pcm $CMDLINE_OPTS && { /sbin/modprobe --quiet --use-blacklist snd-pcm-oss ; : ; }
install snd-mixer /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-mixer $CMDLINE_OPTS && { /sbin/modprobe --quiet --use-blacklist snd-mixer-oss ; : ; }
install snd-seq /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-seq $CMDLINE_OPTS && { /sbin/modprobe --quiet --use-blacklist snd-seq-midi ; /sbin/modprobe --quiet --use-blacklist snd-seq-oss ; : ; }
#
install snd-rawmidi /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-rawmidi $CMDLINE_OPTS && { /sbin/modprobe --quiet --use-blacklist snd-seq-midi ; : ; }
# Cause optional modules to be loaded above sound card driver modules
install snd-emu10k1 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-emu10k1 $CMDLINE_OPTS && { /sbin/modprobe --quiet --use-blacklist snd-emu10k1-synth ; }
install snd-via82xx /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-via82xx $CMDLINE_OPTS && { /sbin/modprobe --quiet --use-blacklist snd-seq ; }

# Load saa7134-alsa instead of saa7134 (which gets dragged in by it anyway)
install saa7134 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install saa7134 $CMDLINE_OPTS && { /sbin/modprobe --quiet --use-blacklist saa7134-alsa ; : ; }
# Prevent abnormal drivers from grabbing index 0
options bt87x index=-2
options cx88_alsa index=-2
options saa7134-alsa index=-2
options snd-atiixp-modem index=-2
options snd-intel8x0m index=-2
options snd-via82xx-modem index=-2
options snd-usb-audio index=-2
options snd-usb-caiaq index=-2
options snd-usb-ua101 index=-2
options snd-usb-us122l index=-2
options snd-usb-usx2y index=-2