Kodi Community Forum
Zbox hd-id11 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Zbox hd-id11 (/showthread.php?tid=73052)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

- skewba98z28 - 2010-11-04

How does this machine run with xbmc installed on top of Win 7 vs xbmc live?

- BoxFreak - 2010-11-05

I had problems with remote not working after resuming from suspend. This helped: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Automatic_lirc_resume_script

With Dharma beta 4 (live) waking up with remote works also fine. Still have to press power many times until machine wakes up from sleep. Using HP MCE-receiver and Harmony one. Maybe some harmony tweaking and that´s fixed... Cool

- wiz561 - 2010-11-06

skewba98z28 Wrote:How does this machine run with xbmc installed on top of Win 7 vs xbmc live?

I would guess not good because from what I know, it won't do the hardware acceleration (vdpau).

- wiz561 - 2010-11-06

Jyujinkai Wrote:There is a post on page 4 to get the audio working though the HDMI Port...

Any help would be appreciated

I don't know, I think you're making it overly complicated by editing all the files. I'm at a loss, but maybe another can chime in.

I can say that for those that are having issues with the sound, I am using xbmcfreak dharma beta2 (or maybe 3), and all I had to do was add the snd thing to the alsabase.conf and configure the xbmc gui. I don't have navigation sounds enabled because I find them annoying, but so far, everything I throw at it from stereo 2 channel to 5.1 works fine.

- BoxFreak - 2010-11-06

wiz561 Wrote:I don't know, I think you're making it overly complicated by editing all the files. I'm at a loss, but maybe another can chime in.

I can say that for those that are having issues with the sound, I am using xbmcfreak dharma beta2 (or maybe 3), and all I had to do was add the snd thing to the alsabase.conf and configure the xbmc gui. I don't have navigation sounds enabled because I find them annoying, but so far, everything I throw at it from stereo 2 channel to 5.1 works fine.

On Dharma Beta 4 all you need is configure the gui. No need to edit alsabase.conf.

Hard to wake up from sleep? - BoxFreak - 2010-11-08

Does anyone else have problem with waking up ZBOX from sleep with remote? Mine does it alright, but sometimes I have to press power toggle many times until it wakes up. I´m using HP Media center receiver and Harmony One. Tried to add repeats to the power-toggle in Harmony setup (sends toggle command three times on one press), but even that´s not enough every time. Other commands work allright when ZBOX is on.

Any ideas?

- danbst - 2010-11-09

Mine's started geting real flaky with 9.11
I'm getting quite peeved. Worked well for a while now all I get is choppy video and audio. I suspect heat issues because it's after it's been on a while. However it's well ventilated and doesn't feel hot to touch.

So anyway, Dharma Beta 4 requires not setting up? My setup was a PITA so I'm not sure Iwant to do it again but I do want a fresh install to eliminate that as my problem.

- BoxFreak - 2010-11-09

BoxFreak Wrote:Does anyone else have problem with waking up ZBOX from sleep with remote? Mine does it alright, but sometimes I have to press power toggle many times until it wakes up. I´m using HP Media center receiver and Harmony One. Tried to add repeats to the power-toggle in Harmony setup (sends toggle command three times on one press), but even that´s not enough every time. Other commands work allright when ZBOX is on.

Any ideas?

Adjusting the sensitivity setting for media center pc in harmony software fixed this. I had the sensitivity at 1 before, which was otherwise fine, now it´s 4 and PC also wakes up every time.

- BoxFreak - 2010-11-09

danbst Wrote:Mine's started geting real flaky with 9.11
I'm getting quite peeved. Worked well for a while now all I get is choppy video and audio. I suspect heat issues because it's after it's been on a while. However it's well ventilated and doesn't feel hot to touch.

So anyway, Dharma Beta 4 requires not setting up? My setup was a PITA so I'm not sure Iwant to do it again but I do want a fresh install to eliminate that as my problem.

I don´t think the heat is problem... On my unit the GPU temp has risen occasionally over 100C, but it doesn´t seem to cause any trouble.

- PrimaryMaster - 2010-11-19

I thinking to get this box for my bedroom..
Iam using a Asrock Ion 330 in my living room so i dont want anything less then that..
I was looking on a Boxee Box, but i dont think it for me..

I want to run xbmc on a usb stick and no HDD i the Zotac...
Can this run every thing that the Asrock can?
1080p 24hz.. ?
Thx for the help!...

- Bairum - 2010-11-27

Can someone please suggest an IR or RF receiver (and possibly a remote) that will work well with the zbox? I have a Logitech Harmony 670 remote (R-IT14), but would be nice if I can use it...

- BoxFreak - 2010-11-27

Bairum Wrote:Can someone please suggest an IR or RF receiver (and possibly a remote) that will work well with the zbox? I have a Logitech Harmony 670 remote (R-IT14), but would be nice if I can use it...

This works fine with Harmony One here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-HP-Wireless-MCE-USB-Infrared-Receiver-VISTA-MCE2005-/250648702426?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5bd3adda

- Bairum - 2010-11-27

BoxFreak Wrote:This works fine with Harmony One here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-HP-Wireless-MCE-USB-Infrared-Receiver-VISTA-MCE2005-/250648702426?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5bd3adda

Thanks.. this looks really promising. Excuse my ignorance, but how do you set it up? I assume you use the Harmony remote software for initial setup?

- bigdog66 - 2010-11-27

set your harmony to wmc mode

- LSDave - 2010-12-01

I for the life of me cannot get the audio over HDMI to work. I went through the steps on page 4, but like others, files it told me to add lines to were missing. So after figuring out how to CHMOD the folders those files were contained in. I created the files with only the given changes.

i went into the alsamixer and unmuted the 4 spdif's that were shown there. and then set my digital output to HDA Nvidia hdmi in the settings in xbmc and nothing..

i wish there was a more complete guide for people new to linux.

Sorry if i seem like a total n00b, i've been using xbmc since the original xbox many years ago, but i am new to linux.

im also tempted to just buy a 2 gig stick of ram and run windows 7 64 and xbmc. but im grasping on this xbmc live distro.

ANY help would be appreciated.