[BETA] Shade - A new skin for XBMC - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Shade (/forumdisplay.php?fid=132)
+---- Thread: [BETA] Shade - A new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=73716)
- Japaja - 2010-05-28 03:48
Is it close to be released to masses?
- igotdvds - 2010-05-28 05:31
Japaja Wrote:Is it close to be released to masses?
Close. Waiting on some graphics from djeglin then we are going official.
- Ayla - 2010-05-28 14:49
Looks really good!
Is it ready for the new XBMC release in a few days (Addons support etc.)?
- igotdvds - 2010-05-28 16:55
Ayla Wrote:Looks really good!
Negative. We started this before that was out there, that will have to get added in as I have yet to even look at it.
- djeglin - 2010-05-31 15:14
Sorry it has been taking a while to get this ready, guys... I've been kind of busy lately with real life things, which can make it kind of hard to work on this thing. Still, I'm around and hopefully will be getting the last few graphical kinks worked out over the next week or so.
Once thats done, and we go official, then we will do a bit of work to get some features in there that we know we need (Like support for addons in the coming XBMC update). After that we'll support the release and welcome input from the community in the form of mods etc. I have a few other ideas that I would like to work on in the near future as well, so that may or may not lead to other skins coming in the future... We'll see.
Anway, thanks for your patience... Hopefully this will be done and official soon!
- MarkTaunton - 2010-05-31 21:36
I know that in respects, this would be defeating the purpose of shade but....
Is there any way on the main menu to get rid of the blackness?
E.G where the movies, tv shows icons are, having that clear, and also at the bottom, removing the black shade, so it leaves the menu system, and the pictures in a clear enviroment?
Also I think that you already have the makings of a very good basic childrens skin with this type of navigation, e.g by removing the blackness, and adding brighter colours, then I think this would make a great kids skin.
Sorry if I upset you a bit by asking for having a clearer version of the home menu, I'm just curious as to what it would look like.
- djeglin - 2010-06-01 10:25
Not at all, Mark... At the end of the day its always good to have people look at the skin from different perspectives.
As for your request/suggestion... We will definitely add it to the list, and possibly try and add it in as an option in the near future. Honestly, I hadnt thought of targeting the skin at a childrens' market, but you're right... The simplicity of certain things would lend itself to that kind of market. It may be in the future that we decide to bring out a version geared more towards that kind of user. We'll see.
- elecga - 2010-06-02 14:47
Which build are you guys using to design on? I want to make sure the problems i'm having are skin related before I report them.
I also have a couple requests.
1. Can you have trailers in welo view and have them display in the extrathumbs window. It would be nice to have the trailer display in the extrathumb window in other views instead of showing in the top-middle.
2. I'm not sure if this one is possible, but i'm using welo view with res. discs and I have quite a few 720p bluray rips that i'd like to have the bluray discs pop up for. Besides changing the resolution in the metadata and having them read as 1080p is there any other way to flag the discs? Maybe by filename or an entry in the movie.nfo?
3. In music library, can you have artist bio and album info scroll? Info list, Album list, fanart views.
4. In Artist info list, can you add some info under the artists thumbnail? There's also some space under the thumbnail in Album list view, maybe add some info there as well.
4. Also maybe a option for spinning cdart?
Great work so far guys! This is definitely the only skin i'll be using for awhile.
- lordratner - 2010-06-02 21:13
Under movies, in Poster View 2, the left box displays the fanart, instead of cycling the extrathumbs. I dont know if this is intentional or not, but it just looks weird having the same picture faded in the background, and in the smaller box on the left.
The skin is looking really good, fellas.
- igotdvds - 2010-06-06 22:41
Now Playing added to Home Screen: