Kodi Community Forum
[BETA] Shade - A new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Shade (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=132)
+----- Thread: [BETA] Shade - A new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=73716)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

- igotdvds - 2010-05-15

elecga Wrote:Everything is working on r30159 with updated script. Featured shows up but its not selectable?

This is correct.

- elecga - 2010-05-15

igotdvds Wrote:This is correct.

Just making sure.

I reported the issue with big poster view not having view options in tv shows seasons, just realized it happens in movies also.

Tried the alternate bottom section option and movies look great but tv shows looks unfinished. Under home and videos, latest episodes is not aligned correctly.
Also, what is the Just watched statistic counting?

- xbs08 - 2010-05-15

igotdvds Wrote:Wow, Great idea, working on it now. This looks much better, I cant believe I didnt think of it.

Does it look better like this? (I changed the font and removed the bright white liner)

Much better, only two things i would change is the width os the submenu button so that the last button doesn't get cut off and i would lose the submenu buttons seperator.

EDIT: three things actually Big Grin imagine the background moving up when submenu is selected and moving back down when main menu is selected. Think would create a nice effect. Only thing is that clock and temp wouldn't have a shade behind them Sad

- igotdvds - 2010-05-15

elecga Wrote:Just making sure.

I reported the issue with big poster view not having view options in tv shows seasons, just realized it happens in movies also.

Tried the alternate bottom section option and movies look great but tv shows looks unfinished. Under home and videos, latest episodes is not aligned correctly.
Also, what is the Just watched statistic counting?

Already fixed the menu not coming up. Wink

The alternate bottom section is incomplete in general and I may remove it altogether, it is my own interpretation of djeglin's design.

xbs08 Wrote:Much better, only two things i would change is the width os the submenu button so that the last button doesn't get cut off and i would lose the submenu buttons seperator.

EDIT: three things actually Big Grin imagine the background moving up when submenu is selected and moving back down when main menu is selected. Think would create a nice effect. Only thing is that clock and temp wouldn't have a shade behind them Sad

The width on the buttons has been an issue wince Confluence, I'll take another look.

Please explain in more detail or provide images for your other suggestion as I cant decipher.

Thanks for all the help guys.

- igotdvds - 2010-05-15

elecga Wrote:make sure its in addons, rename folder to skin.shade and put in description.xml and addon.xml in skin folder. To get recently added working follow the link Waffa posted.

Edit: Submenu and file manager are working fine for me also. Couple suggestions, move the submenu up underneath the main menu, and add a option in poster and welo view to have the red and blue discs pop up instead of the disc with fanart.

This looks incredible. Added for 1.4. Great suggestion!

I am making it an option so you can use either one.

- kurnalbert - 2010-05-15

igotdvds Wrote:The alternate bottom section is incomplete in general and I may remove it altogether, it is my own interpretation of djeglin's design.

Personally I far prefer the alternate bottom section. The only thing with it, as well as the TV Shows section not quite being finished (it only shows the 3 latest episodes on the left, nothing on the right and is missing the library statistics) the fanart behind the name of the show is aligned slightly too low.

You said you wanted lots of options and, in my opinion, the alternate bottom section is great.

Just my two cents.

- elecga - 2010-05-15

igotdvds Wrote:This looks incredible. Added for 1.4. Great suggestion!

I am making it an option so you can use either one.

Great!. I was hoping you'd give it a shot.

I also like the option of the alternate bottom screen, the movies page looks fine, just the tv and videos needs some work.

On the regular bottom section, Did you mean for the featured section to be wider than recently added and statistics? I think it might be better if they were all equal or if you filled in the extra space in featured with plot info or something, it might look better.

Or, Have the middle section a bit bigger and make that featured, and the other 2 equal size.

- igotdvds - 2010-05-15

kurnalbert Wrote:Personally I far prefer the alternate bottom section. The only thing with it, as well as the TV Shows section not quite being finished (it only shows the 3 latest episodes on the left, nothing on the right and is missing the library statistics) the fanart behind the name of the show is aligned slightly too low.

You said you wanted lots of options and, in my opinion, the alternate bottom section is great.

Just my two cents.

Maybe I can finish it after we get all the bugs with everything else worked out. Thanks for your opinion.

- espengaasemyr - 2010-05-15

igotdvds Wrote:Maybe I can finish it after we get all the bugs with everything else worked out. Thanks for your opinion.

+1

- NotShorty - 2010-05-15

Obviously Boxee-inspired (which is a good thing). Gonna keep an eye on this...

NS

Plot summary - kurnalbert - 2010-05-15

One other thing I have noticed, on films or TV Show descriptions, when the description is longer than the amount of space allotted, the description does not scroll. I couldn't find an option in settings to enable it so I imagine it must have been taken out?

- paul - 2010-05-15

Dam nice skin but alot of the views do not run too well on my asrock ion330.
I may have a go at optimizing it but am having problems extracting the xpr.
regardless of that you have done an amazing job thus far. thanksSmile

- zeus[x] - 2010-05-16

This skin is getting good.
There are losts of good skins, i could name some of them, but all of them were missing something...
Keep the good work!

- igotdvds - 2010-05-16

kurnalbert Wrote:One other thing I have noticed, on films or TV Show descriptions, when the description is longer than the amount of space allotted, the description does not scroll. I couldn't find an option in settings to enable it so I imagine it must have been taken out?

It is in Settings, under skin.

- igotdvds - 2010-05-16

New Clearart option.

New Album Genre View (I am including quite a few genre art with a fallback) More can be found Here.