Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- jeebus112 - 2010-05-21

Do you have any the TV library filled out? It should not be shown if you don't have a TV library...If you dont have either a Movie or TV Library it should not show on the Home page. That was it I just checked, I have it coded right on the disable view section but on the home page I forgot. Tonights changes will fix it.[/quote]

ok, good...i am not losing my mind then Big Grin
thank you

by the way i figured out my login screen problem, i changed my slave profile to newes download, but forgot to change the master Confused that is what i get for trying to do it at 4am

- Graphicsgod - 2010-05-21

Love this skin!!! Ever since I found out about it, I had to have this skin. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!! I had to register just to post this!

My critics, I don't care for "jukebox" view. Please change it to another option. Like something that looks more like the skin. When ever I get in this view, I have trouble figuring out what I'm doing. Otherwise I love it!!

Also I can't seem to figure out how to get my TV like all those hard coders out there. If anyone has some kind of zipped up files to make it easier to make mine look like theirs, please post! I am not as good as everyone else here with xml files Wink.

Thank you and keep up the good work!!

- hikaricore - 2010-05-21

You know you can change to 2 or 3 other views besides jukebox right?

- mcborzu - 2010-05-21

Graphicsgod Wrote:My critics, I don't care for "jukebox" view. Please change it to another option. Like something that looks more like the skin. When ever I get in this view, I have trouble figuring out what I'm doing. Otherwise I love it!!

Also I can't seem to figure out how to get my TV like all those hard coders out there. If anyone has some kind of zipped up files to make it easier to make mine look like theirs, please post! I am not as good as everyone else here with xml files Wink.

Thank you and keep up the good work!!

Yea I meant to change music section to default to Files viewtype not Jukebox, tonights changes will reflect the change...but yea you can disable views in settings->skin->disable views

Post a screenshot of whatever TV view you're speaking about and maybe someone can help you out...

- mcborzu - 2010-05-22

Update 5/21/2010
-music defaults on files view not jukebox
-started work on a new video info screen
-fixed issue where if you have no library content, Movies/TV still shows on Home
-updated the weather home widget, thanks psike
-updated addon.xml
-removed redundant background="true" from Landscape
-added a background to DialogAddonSettings.xml

**both git and regular download up to date**

Like most things, I try to have the skin automatically detect whether you have something or not. The same is true on movies in the new video info screen. If you have extrathumbs it will show them, if not it will show the poster...Still a 'work in progress', I liked to change TV and episodes also.

- Graphicsgod - 2010-05-22

mcborzu Wrote:Yea I meant to change music section to default to Files viewtype not Jukebox, tonights changes will reflect the change...but yea you can disable views in settings->skin->disable views

Post a screenshot of whatever TV view you're speaking about and maybe someone can help you out...

Sorry for the quick post, was heading to work.

This is the best I can get with standard settings for TV.

But I really like this view! Would love to get the xml files for this option. I downloaded the artwork, but I need the files to make it work.

http://www.themurrayworld.com/xbmc/paul-2.png

As for the music view, I found the option to turn the jukebox option off. But then you just get nothing when you click on a song. How do you set it up to look like this (minus Jukebox view)?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dfULQkVwNE&feature=related

And as for the CD's popping out of the CD cover, all I have to do is place the artwork inside of the music folder? Or do I have to do more? I don't have all my music in folders. Only when it's more than one song from an artist. What about the songs that are loose in the My music directory?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!!

- fonzie - 2010-05-22

I have a quick question. I've been trying to keep up with this skin for the past few days since it's release. It's my new favorite skin. I want to know if there is a way to update the skin through the manual download link without having to go and reconfigure all of the skin settings again. Is it possible?

Ok I figured out how to get the CD's to pop out for music with folders. But that's all I've got for now.

Does anyone have a zip file of a large collection of CD's?!? because it could take me forever to download them from xbmcstuff.com lol!!

- jives00 - 2010-05-22

Is the shutdown submenu coming (aka sleep timer)?

- mcborzu - 2010-05-22

Graphicsgod Wrote:Ok I figured out how to get the CD's to pop out for music with folders. But that's all I've got for now.

Does anyone have a zip file of a large collection of CD's?!? because it could take me forever to download them from xbmcstuff.com lol!!

This link and the bottom of ppic's profile page has some scripts that will automate some of the cdART downloading

Graphicsgod Wrote:As for the music view, I found the option to turn the jukebox option off. But then you just get nothing when you click on a song. How do you set it up to look like this (minus Jukebox view)?!?

You have to hit 'TAB' to get into fullscreen playback...Under Settings->Skin->Music Visualizations Options you can define what look you'd like

Graphicsgod Wrote:This is the best I can get with standard settings for TV.

But I really like this view! Would love to get the xml files for this option. I downloaded the artwork, but I need the files to make it work.

Couple options:
1. Skin looks good without logos but looks better with them. This post explains more on logos

2. Either download those 'Landscape' thumbs from xbmcstuff.com...
A. you can also use one of those scripts from the link I pointed out above and save those as folder.jpg in the root of your TV show folder and rescan(this way will overwrite your banners).
B. Save them as landscape.jpg and then click that option in that view to use landscape.jpg...this way you can still keep your banners

- mcborzu - 2010-05-22

fonzie Wrote:I have a quick question. I've been trying to keep up with this skin for the past few days since it's release. It's my new favorite skin. I want to know if there is a way to update the skin through the manual download link without having to go and reconfigure all of the skin settings again. Is it possible?

I overwrite mine all the time, everything seems fine...I do change the id's of buttons maybe that effects things? Though I don't check many options, so I'll 2x check that.

jives00 Wrote:Is the shutdown submenu coming (aka sleep timer)?

Sorry, it'll only take 5 minutes for me but I was debating whether to put shutdown under settings submenu...I won't, my reason is people who like shutdown probably prefer it on Home and those who don't probably just disable it. So I'll keep it on Home.

- zilexa - 2010-05-22

So I have a tv show logo in each of my TV show folder like this:

TV Shows\Bones\Bones.png

I have all old seasons stored in my external harddrive:
E:\TV Shows\Bones\Season 1\

And the latest season in:
D:\TV Shows\Bones\Season 5\

In both "D:\TV Shows\Bones" and "E:\TV Shows\Bones" I have the Bones.png.
My actual video files in this example are located in:

TV Shows\Bones\Season 1\
TV Shows\Bones\Season 2\
TV Shows\Bones\Season 3\

Should the Bones.jpg file be copied to each season folder?

- mcborzu - 2010-05-22

zilexa Wrote:So I have a tv show logo in each of my TV show folder like this:

TV Shows\Bones\Bones.png

I have all old seasons stored in my external harddrive:
E:\TV Shows\Bones\Season 1\

And the latest season in:
D:\TV Shows\Bones\Season 5\

In both "D:\TV Shows\Bones" and "E:\TV Shows\Bones" I have the Bones.png.
My actual video files in this example are located in:

TV Shows\Bones\Season 1\
TV Shows\Bones\Season 2\
TV Shows\Bones\Season 3\

Should the Bones.jpg file be copied to each season folder?

Logos should be named logo.png
If you dont want to overwrite your main thumb then the 'Landscape' thumbs should be named landscape.jpg

Though your file structure may cause problems see this thread starting at post #78 and continuing for another page that guy, B-Fir3, had the same multi-storage setup and it was giving him problems...

- Wouser - 2010-05-22

In that pretty nice music fullscreen playback, how do i get the spinning cd as shown in your video from Youtube?

I already have the cdart.png in the folder.

mcborzu Wrote:This link and the bottom of ppic's profile page has some scripts that will automate some of the cdART downloading

You have to hit 'TAB' to get into fullscreen playback...Under Settings->Skin->Music Visualizations Options you can define what look you'd like

Couple options:
1. Skin looks good without logos but looks better with them. This post explains more on logos

2. Either download those 'Landscape' thumbs from xbmcstuff.com...
A. you can also use one of those scripts from the link I pointed out above and save those as folder.jpg in the root of your TV show folder and rescan(this way will overwrite your banners).
B. Save them as landscape.jpg and then click that option in that view to use landscape.jpg...this way you can still keep your banners

Thanks for the info!!

Ok I just spent the last couple hours getting just my Korn album organized so this program works better. As for the rest of my music.. this is going to take a while. Since before, I just had a folder called Korn and all the music was inside it and I had it organized by name. Now I have to have it artist folder, album name folder, and then mp3s. And inside each put the CD image. Well maybe it was time to organize my music sooner or later.. Wink.

And thanks for the tip of hitting tab! But is there any way to have it default to this view when you click on the song?!? That way I don't have to hit tab. Especially since I have this mini PC hooked up to a HD TV and use a remote to access my files. Haven't got a wireless keyboard and mouse just for this thing and would prefer to not have to use one! Also a neat idea would be to have it cycle backdrops/fanart when playing a song from that band.

Also I noticed when playing a song, and go to the main menu it's on the bottom left hand side. Which is not a good place for it IMO. I think it would be better on the right, that way it doesn't cover the menu on the left.

And is there a way to get Viz. to show up? I used to get it with the really old XBMC on my old Xbox (before it was stollen, and changed to a HDPC).

As for the link to the CD art plugin, I tried it last night, but it doesn't work well for me Sad. When I try the program it finds some CD's, but has trouble either downloading them or finds the wrong info. Or it just crashes the program or sits there downloading info forever till I hit "Alt-Control-Del".

Also there seems to be some issue with your skin and updating data. I noticed when I use your skin and go to update a song/movie with images it acts like it changed/updated the images, but does nothing. For me to get the info changed, I have to change skin to another skin and then go in there and update the images. Then switch back to your skin and it then shows up. Wierdest thing, not sure why it is doing this.

And for the TV stuff, I'll give this a try, looks to be as fun as getting my music organized lol!!

Thanks for your help!!