Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- hermy65 - 2010-06-04

I just updated to the newest version of Night from the main download link and cannot get the WallPanel view to display. Ive even gone through and disabled all views except WallPanel and when i go into my movies it loads in the Files view. Is there something wrong with this version? Im currently using xbmc rev28256, should i be using a newer version to get it to display?

- mcborzu - 2010-06-04

hermy65 Wrote:I just updated to the newest version of Night from the main download link and cannot get the WallPanel view to display. Ive even gone through and disabled all views except WallPanel and when i go into my movies it loads in the Files view. Is there something wrong with this version? Im currently using xbmc rev28256, should i be using a newer version to get it to display?

I just Downloaded a fresh copy from both git and the download link both had 'WallPanel'...Were you in Library mode?

- hermy65 - 2010-06-04

I was just coming here to tell you nevermind...i re-extracted the skin and now its fine...i guess thats what i get for not trying everything before posting.

- mcborzu - 2010-06-04

hermy65 Wrote:I was just coming here to tell you nevermind...i re-extracted the skin and now its fine...i guess thats what i get for not trying everything before posting.

No problem, I rather people post stuff then think "Oh it's just me" and waste an hour when it was an error with the skin. Glad you got it...

- Emranth - 2010-06-05

ValiantXI Wrote:I had the same problem at first, as most of my dtsma or dtshd movies are 5.1 as well. All you need to do is change the number 8 to number 6 in the xml (where it says listitem.audiochannels,8 <---change this to a 6) that worked for me. And then if you want you could probably copy and paste that little section again and make that one a number 8 so then whether its 5.1 or 7.1 things will show up for it.

Thanks, this worked once I fixed a few out of date nfo files that I'd forgotten about. What I ended up with was the following just before the audio channels section.

Code:
<control type="image">
    <description>dtsma Image</description>
    <width>90</width>
    <height>33</height>
    <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
    <texture>flagging/audio/dtsma.png</texture>
    <visible>substring(ListItem.AudioCodec,dtsma) + substring(ListItem.AudioChannels,6)</visible>
</control>
<control type="image">
    <description>truehd Image</description>
    <width>90</width>
    <height>33</height>
    <texture>flagging/audio/truehd.png</texture>
    <visible>substring(ListItem.AudioCodec,truehd) + substring(ListItem.AudioChannels,6)</visible>
</control>
<control type="image">
    <description>flac Image</description>
    <width>90</width>
    <height>33</height>
    <texture>flagging/audio/flac.png</texture>
    <visible>substring(ListItem.AudioCodec,flac) + substring(ListItem.AudioChannels,6)</visible>
</control>

I got flac.png and truehd.png from the Big Alaska skin.

- brainzor - 2010-06-06

i must say it is one of the nicest skins I have tried so far. The animations when opening movies/Tvshows, the top/bottom dimming when pausing, and all the details. you dit a really nice job!!

I do have a small request, my skinning experience is nil. But is it easy for me the enable the wall view for tvshows as well, i.e. the 3d big wall thing? Or is it possible to add this to the next mod.

I will use this mod for a very long time, thank you!

- mcborzu - 2010-06-06

I don't think I'll include it, not sure many people have 50+ shows for it to look nice...

Anyways it is real simple, open up Viewtype_Wall.xml:

Line 29 you'll see:
Quote:<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(no_Wall) + [Container.Content(Movies) | Window.IsVisible(VideoFiles)]</visible>
Change to:
Quote:<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(no_Wall) + [Container.Content(Movies) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Window.IsVisible(VideoFiles)]</visible>

Then line 138 you'll see:
Quote:<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Title) + Container.Content(movies) + Control.IsVisible(54)</visible>
Change to:
Quote:<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Title) + [Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows)] + Control.IsVisible(54)</visible>

If you update Night it'll overwrite the changes. Just keep a copy of the changes and next time you update just overwrite your modified Viewtype_Wall.xml and you wont have to repeat the steps each time you update Night...

- biljard - 2010-06-06

First of all, great skin you've comed up with mcborzu.

I have a feature request, i saw that you've added a script in the Night settings to fetch available TV Show logos, i think its a great feature. I dont know if there is any script available for the feature that i would like to see, but is it possible to in the same menu fetch for clearArts? This is just a thought but i think that maybe im not the only one interested in adding this kind of feature.

- mcborzu - 2010-06-06

ppic does have a script that does that and grabs Landscape thumbs...I haven't used that script though, I like doing that manually so I'd have to look into how that script works.

But definably a good idea and a good idea for the cdART script also...

- brainzor - 2010-06-06

mcborzu Wrote:I don't think I'll include it, not sure many people have 50+ shows for it to look nice...

Anyways it is real simple, open up Viewtype_Wall.xml:

Line 29 you'll see:

Change to:

Then line 138 you'll see:

Change to:

If you update Night it'll overwrite the changes. Just keep a copy of the changes and next time you update just overwrite your modified Viewtype_Wall.xml and you wont have to repeat the steps each time you update Night...

Thank you! will try it in a minute

- Maxoo - 2010-06-06

biljard Wrote:I have a feature request, i saw that you've added a script in the Night settings to fetch available TV Show logos, i think its a great feature. I dont know if there is any script available for the feature that i would like to see, but is it possible to in the same menu fetch for clearArts? This is just a thought but i think that maybe im not the only one interested in adding this kind of feature
ppic already made a script for clearART : XBMCStuff downloader and another one for CDarts. Look in his signature.

- urtzi - 2010-06-06

NIGHT 3.0 SPANISH TRANSLATION IS OUT!!!! Cool

Be free to modify it but please report bugs, thanks!

Big Grin NIGHT 3.0 SPANISH TRANSLATION Big Grin

- ValiantXI - 2010-06-07

Don't know if this has already been asked or address, was wondering on the now playing for music when you have use fanart instead of visualization marked, if the fanart could be used as a slideshow if you had multiple fanarts for the artist.

- mcborzu - 2010-06-07

ValiantXI Wrote:Don't know if this has already been asked or address, was wondering on the now playing for music when you have use fanart instead of visualization marked, if the fanart could be used as a slideshow if you had multiple fanarts for the artist.

Does T! or any other skin do that?

- ValiantXI - 2010-06-07

I believe T! does have it now that you mention it.