Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- overide - 2010-06-09

TerranQ Wrote:your fanart should be in the artist folder:

/music/Guns n Roses
--->fanart.jpg
--->/Lies

So, in your GnR folder, you have the fanart.jpg and the folders for each album

Thanks, that worked. Now to reorganise the music!

- mcborzu - 2010-06-10

psike Wrote:Best view ever just got better. Smile

little small thing...remember this bug?
"Change fadetime on logos" - you already fix this once.
It's back now for this view.

Well the orginal "problem" was the fadetime was too long. So when scrolling, mostly in Poster/3dLandscape view, the logos would blend into each other for too long of time:

Before:
<fadetime>400</fadetime>
after:
<fadetime>100</fadetime>

This view and all views logos should be at <fadetime>100</fadetime>, unless you're talking about something else?

- psike - 2010-06-10

don't know about blending but the problem is when selecting show, page load up with the logo from previous show page you've been to. then it's change to current one.
it's just like a sec or two, not serious.

- mcborzu - 2010-06-10

Update 6/9/2010
-Finished cleaning up strings.xml
-Allowed LandPanel to be used on episode level
-Added Fanart option to Poster View
-Updated logo script

**Both git and main download up to date

BEFORE

WITH FANART

- 1slimm31 - 2010-06-10

I have a quick question, under set content, then settings, all i am getting is a blank white/grey square where the options for trailers, actor thumbs and such usually are for the scrapers. any idea what could be off. everything else works great and the skin is fantastic.

- pang - 2010-06-10

This skin is great, but there is one problem,

When i scroll through the tv shows or movies the skin freezez - slows for a couple of seconds then continue and then again and again

the skin is not slow per se so i donmt know why it does that, if you can fix that it would be great

also in the music view how can i remove the track number before the artist name, since i sort my songs with artist name and the track number is there *whcih i dont need and looks ugly

last if there is no logo can you make it that the name of the show is still visible not just an empty slot

thanks

- hikaricore - 2010-06-10

pang Wrote:last if there is no logo can you make it that the name of the show is still visible not just an empty slot

This has been covered several times. In logo views it's all or nothing, there's no fallback method for extra images of this nature.

- oliver_27 - 2010-06-10

mcborzu Wrote:Update 6/9/2010
-Finished cleaning up strings.xml
-Allowed LandPanel to be used on episode level
-Added Fanart option to Poster View
-Updated logo script

**Both git and main download up to date

WITH FANART

Great! Thank you!

- psike - 2010-06-10

I was waiting for more fanart views. if only there was something like logos for movies will be awesome Smile. thanks for that.

1.Now after logo was added to episodes level I kinda miss it also at season level.
Think it can make it there too?

2. still every time logo script update git pull won't work without deleting some script files.

3. I know I'm a pain about this, but now that skin is ready for translations maybe you can check again fonts support for more languages like Hebrew.

- hikaricore - 2010-06-10

With the global clock appearing everywhere else throughout the skin, I was wondering if it would be possible to get it on the osd during video playback.
Would really save me from having to tab out constantly to see the time. ^_^

- mcborzu - 2010-06-10

1slimm31 Wrote:I have a quick question, under set content, then settings, all i am getting is a blank white/grey square where the options for trailers, actor thumbs and such usually are for the scrapers. any idea what could be off. everything else works great and the skin is fantastic.

Last time I did merge stuff was 3-4 weeks ago, somewhere between that time that screen got borked. Next on my to-do list is to catch up on merge/addon screens...

psike Wrote:1.Now after logo was added to episodes level I kinda miss it also at season level.
Think it can make it there too?

2. still every time logo script update git pull won't work without deleting some script files.

3. I know I'm a pain about this, but now that skin is ready for translations maybe you can check again fonts support for more languages like Hebrew.

1. If talking about the view "Fanart" it should be there on seasons
2. Anyone else having that problem?
3. First was cleaning up strings, is there a particular font. Screenshot? Even though I have alot of Fonts I really only use 3 of them...

hikaricore Wrote:With the global clock appearing everywhere else throughout the skin, I was wondering if it would be possible to get it on the osd during video playback.
Would really save me from having to tab out constantly to see the time. ^_^

Sure thats an easy one...

- zwat - 2010-06-10

great skin mcborzu.

first of all a little about what i like in a skin; fanart and flags Cool
based on ur release video u are pretty close. hehe i haven't read the whole thread so don't shoot me if i comment for things that has already been commented on.

i haven't played around much with the settings, but i don't like that the fanart have a dark transparency layer on top. (but that might have been changed in latest version based on the "when in rome" screenshot). i allso feel that the covers are too big and takes away too much space away from the fanart. could maybe make a option for small or big covers. or not have a so big angle on the covers. allso seems like u removed the movie name and time from the new version. i feel that should be there as sometimes the cover don't say or covers are not found.

could u add current time and finish time on the "i" menu while playing so u don't have to press pause to see it. i don't think you need the text but atleast stick the time somewhere.

could u add the option to remove "settings" from the homescreen since u get to that option by pressing "s" anyway. and maybe make the homesceen menu as a circle so when u are at the last item the first item is on the right.

i would love to see the 720 and 1080 flag being replaced with the official icon.

that was what i could think of now. hope u can use some of my ramblings. Big Grin

- zilexa - 2010-06-10

Would you consider to add this feature in the future? Not sure if it is possible and it might require waiting for a new XBMC release:

the possibility to add/remove items on the Home menu and/or Extra or Favorites. This way one could easily add addons to the Home for stuff like Youtube, uTorrent, XOT-UZG and whatever more.

- psike - 2010-06-10

Nope, I've just checked it again. no logo on season level.

And here is a screenshots for a show with Hebrew title and info. hope it will clear things up.

Let me know if you need more screens.

- Rad_ - 2010-06-10

mcborzu Wrote:Sure thats an easy one...

If you're in a giving mood, would you also throw it in the top right corner of Files views? I know it would be over the poster sometimes, but I think that's acceptable for people that have opted in to the global clock setting. And it's a non-issue for pictures, music, tv shows (w/ landscape and banners), and episodes, so it's a shame if posters ruin the clock for the rest of those folders/foldertypes in files mode....