Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- fonzie - 2010-06-10

One little thing I've noticed is that when browsing through the seasons of tv shows the specials say Season 0. I know it's because that's the naming convention, but I was wondering if there was any way you could make it say "Specials" instead of "Season0"?

- mcborzu - 2010-06-11

zilexa Wrote:Would you consider to add this feature in the future? Not sure if it is possible and it might require waiting for a new XBMC release:

the possibility to add/remove items on the Home menu and/or Extra or Favorites. This way one could easily add addons to the Home for stuff like Youtube, uTorrent, XOT-UZG and whatever more.

Well you can remove whatever you want from home..So far, if using a merge version, you can add 3 favorites to home...

Next is to, for merge versions:
1. Bump favorite home menus items to 5
2. Custom playlists on home
3. Custom user added submenu items for scripts/plugins

I know how the merge stuff is going to work, just gotta find time. Next on my list is get current with merge stuff..

Rad_ Wrote:If you're in a giving mood, would you also throw it in the top right corner of Files views? I know it would be over the poster sometimes, but I think that's acceptable for people that have opted in to the global clock setting. And it's a non-issue for pictures, music, tv shows (w/ landscape and banners), and episodes, so it's a shame if posters ruin the clock for the rest of those folders/foldertypes in files mode....

Sounds feasible

fonzie Wrote:One little thing I've noticed is that when browsing through the seasons of tv shows the specials say Season 0. I know it's because that's the naming convention, but I was wondering if there was any way you could make it say "Specials" instead of "Season0"?

yea that would look better, I'll look into it...

- mcborzu - 2010-06-11

@psike

Still confused about logo on Season level, we're you meaning "Fanart" view? Like below?

- mcborzu - 2010-06-11

Update 6/10/2010
-Added Global time to all the videoOSD screens
-Fixed an error with the background in Poster view with Fanart option
-added 'extrafanart' support to fullscreen music playback
-tweaked Poster and 3d Landscape's angle and position a little

**both git and main download up to date

It's a small difference but I think it looks a little better, and shows even more Fanart when that option is enabled:

BEFORE

AFTER

- Oddsodz - 2010-06-11

Not sure if this is the right place to put this.

May I ask that you reduce to amount of black used to darken to fanart backgrounds in the TV shows menus?

Or if you could point me to the place where I may change that myself?

Thanks.

- Kallaide - 2010-06-11

Just checked it out... Looks a LOT better! It's amazing how such a slight change can make all the difference.

Oh... also, I'm not sure what you've done to the last two builds but the speed of the Poster view and Showcase have been improved ten fold, (I was experiencing a lot of jittery jumps when moving from one movie to the next. It's all gone now and VERY smooth!) Amazing work whatever you did.

- psike - 2010-06-11

mcborzu Wrote:@psike

Still confused about logo on Season level, we're you meaning "Fanart" view? Like below?

Oh sorry about that, all changes in skin got me mixed up.
It's season level - poster view with show fanart option.

I also think that with show fanart the black fade at bottom is to big. look at this two pics, the face at the bottom of fanart got cut out.

Actually I would really like to use the fanart view like in the screenshot you posted but also like to see season poster. do you think you can add this view poster to look like fanart view for episodes level with tumbnail?

- mcborzu - 2010-06-11

psike Wrote:Oh sorry about that, all changes in skin got me mixed up.
It's season level - poster view with show fanart option.

I also think that with show fanart the black fade at bottom is to big. look at this two pics, the face at the bottom of fanart got cut out.

Actually I would really like to use the fanart view like in the screenshot you posted but also like to see season poster. do you think you can add this view poster to look like fanart view for episodes level with tumbnail?

Ok gotcha now, yea logo for Poster view with fanart enabled considered done.

Yea thats a good argument on the floor/backdrop for TV section...I'll make smaller gradient floor thats darker on the left half and gets lighter the farther down to the right of the screen

- zwat - 2010-06-11

Oddsodz Wrote:Not sure if this is the right place to put this.

May I ask that you reduce to amount of black used to darken to fanart backgrounds in the TV shows menus?

Thanks.

yea i want that black totally gone. like it was on one of the screenshots. never happened to me tho Sad

- Oddsodz - 2010-06-11

Oh no., Need some of the black dark so that the "Logo.png" show up nice at the top. Just don't need some much of it in the centre and below. That's all.

- zwat - 2010-06-11

could get the logo with a black background but might be hard to archive with different sized logos.

black fanart - papill6n - 2010-06-12

Oddsodz Wrote:Not sure if this is the right place to put this.

Thanks.

http://passion-xbmc.org/les-news-de-xbmx/%28night%29-night-est-disponible/20/

"- For the luminosity of the fanarts, I looked a little in the .xml's files.

In the 720p's folder, there are .xml's files named “Viewtype_xxxxxxx” (xxxxx for each type of view available, wall, poster, etc).

Personally for films, I prefer the view “poster”, therefore in the file “Viewtype_poster.xml”, at the beginning of the list there is a line “<texture>movie-poster/movie-back3.png</texture>” which calls upon a filter in the folder media\movie_poster.

To have a fanart such as the original, it is enough to remove this lineWink.

If not to seek another filter in the folder “media” or creates in new.
It is necessary to make this change in the 19 views available.

- I have just renamed the file “movie-back3.png” in “movie-back3.old” and the fanarts are ok Smile.

- For the fanarts, simplest is indeed to rename the “movie-back3.png”, but personally I just made it more transparent via a software of retouch."

Quote:"- Pour la luminosité des fanarts, j'ai regardé un peu dans les fichiers xml.

Dans le dossier 720p, il y a des fichiers xml nommé 'Viewtype_xxxxxxx' (xxxxx pour chaque type de vue disponible, wall, poster, etc.).

Personnellement pour les films, je préfère la vue "poster", donc dans le fichier 'Viewtype_poster.xml', au début de la liste on a une ligne "<texture>movie-poster/movie-back3.png</texture>" qui fait appel à un filtre dans le dossier media\movie_poster.
Pour avoir un fanart tel que l'original, il suffit de supprimer cette ligne Wink.

Sinon chercher un autre filtre dans le dossier 'media' ou crée en un nouveau.
Il faut faire ce changement dans les 19 vues disponibles.

- J'ai juste renommé le fichier 'movie-back3.png' en 'movie-back3.old' et les fanarts sont ok Smile.

- Pour les fanarts, le plus simple c'est effectivement de renommer le 'movie-back3.png', mais personnellement je l'ai juste rendu plus transparent via un logiciel de retouche d'images."

- zwat - 2010-06-12

tnx papill6n. that did the trick. black is gone, but so is the floor. think i gotta fix it in photoshop somehow.

- Oddsodz - 2010-06-12

papill6n Wrote:http://passion-xbmc.org/les-news-de-xbmx/%28night%29-night-est-disponible/20/

"- For the luminosity of the fanarts, I looked a little in the .xml's files.

In the 720p's folder, there are .xml's files named “Viewtype_xxxxxxx” (xxxxx for each type of view available, wall, poster, etc).

Personally for films, I prefer the view “poster”, therefore in the file “Viewtype_poster.xml”, at the beginning of the list there is a line “<texture>movie-poster/movie-back3.png</texture>” which calls upon a filter in the folder media\movie_poster.

To have a fanart such as the original, it is enough to remove this lineWink.

If not to seek another filter in the folder “media” or creates in new.
It is necessary to make this change in the 19 views available.

- I have just renamed the file “movie-back3.png” in “movie-back3.old” and the fanarts are ok Smile.

- For the fanarts, simplest is indeed to rename the “movie-back3.png”, but personally I just made it more transparent via a software of retouch."

Thats what worked for me.

Edit with "FireWorks" this file.

skin.night\media\tv-landscape\tv-background.png

and just change the alpha channel to 60%

Or just use this one already made up.

Made my background so much better. I Can see the fanart now. I Love my Logos and stuff.

By the way. I Am really liking this skin. I Have been using the "Rapier Qualar Mod incorporating Rapier 3.0 features" Skin for a long time now. See this link

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65922

But I have come to like the way the way this skin (Night) has nice transitional moves and so on.

But I am wondering if you could come up with View type for movies that was something like this below.

As I have said. I Love to see all the Logos I can. So this sort of view is to my liking.

Oh and when you got time ( I am a pickky sod really), How about a "Red" colour scheme as well as the "Cyan" that we have right now.

Blush

I Know, I Know. I Ask a lot.

Good work. Keep it up

Oddsodz

- mcborzu - 2010-06-12

While that had always been an awesome look, I just think it's been used too much. One of my rules is to do things differently and thats just been used in many skins...

I'm not 100% into the coverflow look myself but mainly because I never liked how the covers look flat and lifeless. Though maybe if I did one with the 3d covers it would look more real but that definably not on my radar at the moment...

In time when I'm bored I will change the cyan code to be more easily adjustable. Half the code is labeled as "ff67ffff" and half the time I wrote "mainblue". Really if you just ctrl+f any of those two in whatever view you want and change it, it'll work...