Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- Oddsodz - 2010-06-12

mcborzu Wrote:While that had always been an awesome look, I just think it's been used too much. One of my rules is to do things differently and thats just been used in many skins...

I'm not 100% into the coverflow look myself but mainly because I never liked how the covers look flat and lifeless. Though maybe if I did one with the 3d covers it would look more real but that definably not on my radar at the moment...

In time when I'm bored I will change the cyan code to be more easily adjustable. Half the code is labeled as "ff67ffff" and half the time I wrote "mainblue". Really if you just ctrl+f any of those two in whatever view you want and change it, it'll work...

I Might just do that. But I must learn how to make a 2nd "colour scheme" selectable 1st. This will take a long time. I Am very new to skinning. So new that I don't know what "New" means.

Points to the right place will be welcomed.

- Graphicsgod - 2010-06-12

Oddsodz Wrote:By the way. I Am really liking this skin. I Have been using the "Rapier Qualar Mod incorporating Rapier 3.0 features" Skin for a long time now. See this link

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65922

But I have come to like the way the way this skin (Night) has nice transitional moves and so on.

But I am wondering if you could come up with View type for movies that was something like this below.

As I have said. I Love to see all the Logos I can. So this sort of view is to my liking.

Oddsodz

I love that info view as well!! But as mcborzu said, it looks too much like "Aeon". But I do like the info it shows. If only we could get the same or similar info while it looks like part of the skin, I think would be a win win!!

Also I don't much care for the fanart to show up in that info, only the background. I would much prefer a trailer to play there instead of fanart. And I also don't want it to remain there while switching from one movie to another. I much prefer it to pop into view after a certain time limit or when you press up or down or something. But to have it there all the time, would be too much clutter when searching for a movie. Plus I like to see the fanart Wink!

I came up with a similar idea a few posts ago. Oh and that picture in the info is not a fanart BTW lol. It's supposed to be a trailer embedded inside it.

This keeps the look of the skin and keeps it from looking like all the other Aeons.

And with this view, we can get farther away from the god awful "info" view!! I only use it to refresh movies and TV. It takes you away from skin and should be removed! I would like something similar above and have the options of the "info" view moved to the "C" key (ie. refresh, get fanart, get poster, etc..).

- Graphicsgod - 2010-06-12

Also can we change the watched image to something that makes more sense. The "X" is ok, but I think something that says watched would be more logical.

An example:

And if you want the image..

Keep up the good work!!

- zwat - 2010-06-12

here is a screenshot of my official logo idea. i just replaced the definition and codec flags to show em both in one screenshot. the definition seems a bit wrong placed but that is because the SD\720\1080 flag is so wide. could mabye make the SD flag in same width as the hd ready flags and replace the flags to that size. the 1080 flag is a bit small since it's higher than the 720 flag originally.

what do u guys think?

- mcborzu - 2010-06-12

Yea I want to update/improve my flags but not on my radar, at least for this upcoming week

- Oddsodz - 2010-06-12

Graphicsgod Wrote:Also I don't much care for the fanart to show up in that info, only the background. I would much prefer a trailer to play there instead of fanart.

That's what it does in the "Rapier Q Mod". lol. I Just want it but with the "Night" twists and look. It's the amount of info and logos that this "View" shows that I like.

- zwat - 2010-06-12

i'd love some more flags to this skin. imdb rating as numbers and not stars since the imdb rating is from 0-10 and stars are just 5(?) it gives a poor rating.

i come from aeon showmix mod where there is alot of flags and info. i'd love to see this skin act the same way. with extra info popping up with a direction keypress. however i want fanart more than info and the info should pop up with less borders and background than aeon showmix. just the transparency that is now over fanart would be great.

Question concerning Viewtype Poster xml as stated back on page 35 - Mito72 - 2010-06-13

mcborzu, first of all I would like to thank you very much for providing the community with such a great skin It really causes xbmc to shine above anything else that is out there currently (my opinion of course).

I have a request if possible. I have been playing around with the Viewtype_Poster.xml file as stated back on page 35. But I cannot for the life of me get "Poster View Plus" to work at all. Is there something I am doing wrong? I have followed the steps correctly as stated below but I am running into not having any luck. :confused2:

If you know your way around xml's a little inside Viewtype_Poster.xml you see some commented out code. If you take out the comments, the <!-- -->, but this block line 241:

Quote:
<!--<control type="image">
<posx>-148</posx>
<posy>390</posy>
<width>211</width>
<height>302</height>
<texture>movie-poster/mask_border2.png</texture>
<fadetime>200</fadetime>
<aspectratio scalediffuse="false">stretch</aspectratio>
<animation type="Focus" reversible="false">
<effect type="zoom" center="60,238" start="51" end="100" time="600" tween="back" easing="out" />
<effect type="fade" start="0" end="50" time="600" />
</animation>
</control>-->
You'll end up with this

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know that maybe I am overlooking something pretty minor. But hopefully yourself or someone here could lead me in the right direction. (is there anyone that would be willing to post an updated Viewtype_Poster.xml file.?)

thanks once again for your time. Smile

- Graphicsgod - 2010-06-13

Mito72 Wrote:I have a request if possible. I have been playing around with the Viewtype_Poster.xml file as stated back on page 35. But I cannot for the life of me get "Poster View Plus" to work at all. Is there something I am doing wrong? I have followed the steps correctly as stated below but I am running into not having any luck. :confused2:

If you know your way around xml's a little inside Viewtype_Poster.xml you see some commented out code. If you take out the comments, the <!-- -->, but this block line 241:

Quote:
<!--<control type="image">
<posx>-148</posx>
<posy>390</posy>
<width>211</width>
<height>302</height>
<texture>movie-poster/mask_border2.png</texture>
<fadetime>200</fadetime>
<aspectratio scalediffuse="false">stretch</aspectratio>
<animation type="Focus" reversible="false">
<effect type="zoom" center="60,238" start="51" end="100" time="600" tween="back" easing="out" />
<effect type="fade" start="0" end="50" time="600" />
</animation>
</control>-->
You'll end up with this

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know that maybe I am overlooking something pretty minor. But hopefully yourself or someone here could lead me in the right direction. (is there anyone that would be willing to post an updated Viewtype_Poster.xml file.?)

thanks once again for your time. Smile

Same problem, he says all you have to do is remove the "<!-- -->", but when I do that nothing happens either. Maybe he meant somewhere else or to add code.. Hopefully he will get back to us on this..

- Casanova_32210 - 2010-06-13

do i have to have a night build of XBMC for this to work?

- mcborzu - 2010-06-13

Here that PosterPlus view:

DOWNLOAD

I've been meaning to make it a skin setting but still not a 100% on the placement of everything just yet...

- zwat - 2010-06-13

can u direct me to the right spot to change place for the movie plot? i found the other info like director and rating. i wanna push all that info down.

nm i found it out my self.

- zwat - 2010-06-13

is it possible to open an other layer when the poster and info pops up? just to add some shade behind the text.

also found the 3dbanner_fanart_last_overlay.png is the perfect background instead of movie-back3.png Big Grin

- supertom44 - 2010-06-13

I quite like the looks of that poster plus view good job. The only thing that Im not keen on in your skin is the dvd cases backdrop to the 3d views. The images dont line up correctly due to the rounded corners, its just one of those things that bugs me. Its nothing major, I just rename the files so the skin doesn't use them lol.

Still my favourite skin.

- papill6n - 2010-06-13

Superb view this “PostePlus View"!

Only the problem it is that the film which is selected in the list when one made it scroll, it is that on the left all, it is not very practical visually.
Just as when the plot approaches the poster of this film is too on the left.

Could you indicate the parameters to me to be modified please?

thank you in advance