Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- ppic - 2010-06-17

Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:Does the logo downloading script work if your media is stored on another machine on the network?

yes just you must have the write permition on media store

- Kallaide - 2010-06-17

WhyS Wrote:Is there a way to change to viewtype: Wall for movies into three horizontal rows instead of four, as it currently is. And thereby make the posters a tad bit larger?

I'm with WhyS, the Wall view, as nice as it is, does have a few drawbacks to view ability. Maybe adding a few different options to the number of rows and columns thus allowing each person to set it to exactly how they want.

That would be a huge task, however, I'm sure if you do it you could them claim to have the most customizable skin out there... Wink

- WhyS - 2010-06-17

Kallaide Wrote:I'm with WhyS, the Wall view, as nice as it is, does have a few drawbacks to view ability. Maybe adding a few different options to the number of rows and columns thus allowing each person to set it to exactly how they want.

That would be a huge task, however, I'm sure if you do it you could them claim to have the most customizable skin out there... Wink

Yeah, with the option to change it yourself would be wonderful. I was more aiming for maybe a modded viewtype or possible a "poster plus".
But whatever works, right?

I love the walls no matter which skin it is, since I have a fairly large collection it makes browsing much easier and faster. And Night's 3d wall is a winner. but the only [minor]downside is that the posters are pretty small.

- mcborzu - 2010-06-17

About the wall I'll see what I can whip up, my current skin to do list is:
Put out a pre-merge version so I don't have to limit myself, this weekend it'll be done
Look into unicode fonts. I thought they were but oh well

Those are the two that take priority at the moment. I have 3 days free this weekend so we'll see about a different take on the wall...

- Zoso161 - 2010-06-17

i absolutely love the new poster plus view for movies. For some reason, when i back out to the home screen and then enter back into movies, the info for the selected movie is already displayed, then the poster shifts over to it's left position. It only does it on the first movie each time i enter the movies section. I'm using a pre merge version of XBMC. It's the last nightly build that was available from a few months ago on XBMC.org. Any idea what could be causing this? Thanks for any help and all of the hard work you put into Night.

- mcborzu - 2010-06-17

Zoso161 Wrote:i absolutely love the new poster plus view for movies. For some reason, when i back out to the home screen and then enter back into movies, the info for the selected movie is already displayed, then the poster shifts over to it's left position. It only does it on the first movie each time i enter the movies section. I'm using a pre merge version of XBMC. It's the last nightly build that was available from a few months ago on XBMC.org. Any idea what could be causing this? Thanks for any help and all of the hard work you put into Night.

I've had this view for a while but never really finished it, since I let it out I decided to just include it and get feedback...I still have to tidy it up and include it for the fanart option probably by the weekend

- Zoso161 - 2010-06-17

Just as a side note, the new nightly build on xbmc.org from 6/16 is working great. Glad to see the merge is coming along well.

- rahduke - 2010-06-17

can you please stop putting a period between skin and night in your zip files!

"skin.night" folder in zip file under linux screws everything up...... Apparently you can't extract folders that have .'s in their name.....stupid

anyway please stop with this period nonsense and just use a space like a normal person, if you must use an underscore _____NerdNerdNerd

note: this only seems to affect the stock "file roller", ARK allows you to extract with some prodding....

I fucking love this skin more than life itself and this period situation is really making me crazy.. only thing that still drives me nuts in Ubuntu

- hikaricore - 2010-06-17

rahduke Wrote:can you please stop putting a period between skin and night in your zip files!

"skin.night" folder in zip file under linux screws everything up...... Apparently you can't extract folders that have .'s in their name.....stupid

anyway please stop with this period nonsense and just use a space like a normal person, if you must use an underscore _____NerdNerdNerd

I fucking love this skin more than life itself and this period situation is really making me crazy.. only thing that still drives me nuts in Ubuntu

I have no trouble extracting zip files with .s in them on linux.
Perhaps your issue is more user related such as a PEBCAK or an ID-10T.
You should also consider being less of a demanding twat and show some respect.

Additionally the folder naming scheme is required for newer xbmc builds, so get fucking used to it.

- mcborzu - 2010-06-17

Yea I'm in a tough boat that's how skin are supposed to be called "skin.confluence", "skin.alaska"

If I switch to skin_night, I probably get a hundreds of "hey why wont this install questions!"...There are already tons of how to get so and so skins to install and hundreds of responses yet people still ask. I have to go with the easiest way for everyone.

Plus wouldn't updating via git solve the issue?

- zilexa - 2010-06-17

This popular thread grows so fast! I posted 3 questions here but many posts came after. If someone as one or three answers.. Smile

- mcborzu - 2010-06-17

zilexa Wrote:This popular thread grows so fast! I posted 3 questions here but many posts came after. If someone as one or three answers.. Smile

1. Mostly just check 'use the option', Settings->Skin->Home Window Options. Then pick the folder like you do for other backdrops. Make sure your pack is named correctly. Read post 4 in this thread

2. Didn't know it's now part of XBMC, I'll check into that

3. Just downloaded a fresh copy - HERE. Everything fine on my end

- Kami - 2010-06-17

Hey, not really sure where to ask about this, didn't really feel it warranted a new thread so decided to post it in there instead.

Is it possible to have the spinning CDArt with this theme? I have downloaded the CDArt plugin and can see the artwork when browsing my music collection in the Library mode, but the theme doesn't seem to have the built in spinning artwork mod that other themes do.

Secondly, is there a way to have artist fan art as the background when playing music instead of the normal visualisation? I've seen this done in other themes, but am not sure if it's possible in Night.

If it makes any difference I'm using Windows.

Cheers.

- mcborzu - 2010-06-17

What build of XBMC you on? As long as you're above 27711 and have cdART setup correctly, it'll just work.

Under settings->Skin->General there are about 4 different options for fullscreen playback

- AnalogKid - 2010-06-17

hikaricore Wrote:I have no trouble extracting zip files with .s in them on linux.
Perhaps your issue is more user related such as a PEBCAK or an ID-10T.
You should also consider being less of a demanding twat and show some respect.

Additionally the folder naming scheme is required for newer xbmc builds, so get fucking used to it.

Bit harsh that! Not all linux end users are linux people. Esp as many are installing Ubunto (or similar) purely to deploy XBMC on top.

That said, there's a little bit of logic he could have employed i.e. "Ok, it's clear there are 100s of linux users on here, and nobody else seems to have moaned about the dots.... could it be me?" ;-)