Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- Kallaide - 2010-06-21

hmm., I'm still getting those stupid 1 and 2 minute movie lengths. I'm starting to think it has to do with EMM. I had XBMC scrape a movie today before I could get EMM to do it and it pulled the right time length.

I shall investigate further...

- Kallaide - 2010-06-21

So I took a look at the nfo file and found that EMM is placing the duration as hours and minutes. Here's the code:

<video>
<aspect>1.778</aspect>
<codec>h264</codec>
<duration>1h 48mn</duration>
<height>720</height>
<language>eng</language>
<longlanguage>English</longlanguage>
<scantype>Progressive</scantype>
<width>1280</width>
</video>

Do you think you would be able to set something up that is able to recognize that format?

I confirmed this is the issue, I changed the '1h 48mn' to '108' and XBMC was able to read it perfectly and showed it as 108 Minutes in the Poster View instead of 1 (Which would have been the first digit from the old format of 1h 48mn. This also explains why some where showing as 2 or 3...lol)

I've fiddled around with EMM but I can't seem to change the way the data is placed into the nfo.

- Kallaide - 2010-06-21

Looks as though there is also a <runtime> section in the nfo that is affected by EMM, however I do not believe this is what is being looked up by XBMC.

- hikaricore - 2010-06-21

Is there a reason you really need nfo files for your movies anymore?
Xbmc is currently capable of scraping the exact same info by itself where in the past it wasn't.
As long as you have an nfo file with an imdb id in the same folder you should be golden.

That aside your issue is more related to xbmc and your media scraper that in is in any way the skin.

- supertom44 - 2010-06-21

The reason I still use nfo files for my films is simply due to the choice of changing the poster and the fanart easily so I can set them to what I think are the best ones. Also its easier to change it to a different film, if it gets confussed and scrapes the wrong one, that is providing you are using an external tool to manage your nfos.

- mcborzu - 2010-06-21

Looks like the only way to fix your duration field is to use the newest version of media companion:

Quote:New builds of XBMC require that the runtime field be numerical, i've added an option to the general preferences, to update all movies, use the 'rebuild movie nfo files'from the drop down movie menu. Media Companion should be able to parse most runtime formats eg 1hr 25mins or 150 mins. I'll apply this to tv episodes for the next build.

As far as I now ember does't have this yet...

- nickkarstedt - 2010-06-21

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=556743&postcount=40

r31275 and up should be fixed.

I'd switch to Media Companion anyways, it builds better .nfos

- Hitcher - 2010-06-21

Kallaide Wrote:So I took a look at the nfo file and found that EMM is placing the duration as hours and minutes. Here's the code:

<video>
<aspect>1.778</aspect>
<codec>h264</codec>
<duration>1h 48mn</duration>
<height>720</height>
<language>eng</language>
<longlanguage>English</longlanguage>
<scantype>Progressive</scantype>
<width>1280</width>
</video>

Do you think you would be able to set something up that is able to recognize that format?

I confirmed this is the issue, I changed the '1h 48mn' to '108' and XBMC was able to read it perfectly and showed it as 108 Minutes in the Poster View instead of 1 (Which would have been the first digit from the old format of 1h 48mn. This also explains why some where showing as 2 or 3...lol)

I've fiddled around with EMM but I can't seem to change the way the data is placed into the nfo.
This is an EMM problem and hopefully they'll change it to use the same as the <duration> tag soon (assuming it's been reported to them).

- Hitcher - 2010-06-21

hikaricore Wrote:Is there a reason you really need nfo files for your movies anymore?
Xbmc is currently capable of scraping the exact same info by itself where in the past it wasn't.
As long as you have an nfo file with an imdb id in the same folder you should be golden.

That aside your issue is more related to xbmc and your media scraper that in is in any way the skin.

I still use EMM because TMDB doesn't have ratings.

- Kallaide - 2010-06-21

I'll speak with EMM sometime today, they usually fix these sorts of things within a day or two.

- hikaricore - 2010-06-21

supertom44 Wrote:The reason I still use nfo files for my films is simply due to the choice of changing the poster and the fanart easily so I can set them to what I think are the best ones. Also its easier to change it to a different film, if it gets confussed and scrapes the wrong one, that is providing you are using an external tool to manage your nfos.

As I mentioned as long as the scene nfo provides a valid imdb id XBMC can handle the rest.
The nfos have nothing to do with the posters or fanart. These are all separate files.
On the rare occasion that I've used an external scraper for my movies in recent days I've simply disabled nfo saving or removed them later.

- ecn758 - 2010-06-21

This skin looks amazing! I would like to try it but I don't know which version I should be using. Which version of XBMC should I be using for Win32 to install this skin?

- mcborzu - 2010-06-21

ecn758 Wrote:This skin looks amazing! I would like to try it but I don't know which version I should be using. Which version of XBMC should I be using for Win32 to install this skin?

If you go into the setting section and you have a section for "addons" use git...If there isn't a "addon" section use the regular download:

- 1slimm31 - 2010-06-22

Is there a quick way to add a media count to the wall view. Not necessarily for you to incorporate, but what would i need to change in the xml file to add it?

- mcborzu - 2010-06-22

1slimm31 Wrote:Is there a quick way to add a media count to the wall view. Not necessarily for you to incorporate, but what would i need to change in the xml file to add it?

Quote:<control type="label">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>50</height>
<align>left</align>
<aligny>center</aligny>
<font>Font_Bartowski_Movies_Title</font>
<textcolor>ff67ffff</textcolor>
<label>$INFO[Container.NumItems,, Items</label>
<visible>Control.IsVisible(54) + Window.IsVisible(VideoFiles)</visible>
</control>
Will translate into:

Quote:433 Items

Play with the x,y and choose whatever font you want. I would put that block anywhere after this block, line 143:

Quote:<control type="image">
<visible>Control.IsVisible(54)</visible>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<texture>wall/wall_lastoverlay.png</texture>
<aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
<include>Animation_CommonFade</include>
</control>