Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- fodster - 2010-07-05

Love the use of logos but i would like the logo poster and fanart
so mocked up a look that might work cant code so looking for
someone to code an additional view if anyone likes

- Oddsodz - 2010-07-05

fodster Wrote:Love the use of logos but i would like the logo poster and fanart
so mocked up a look that might work cant code so looking for
someone to code an additional view if anyone likes

That view with the "ExtraFanArt" going on in the background would rock big time

- fodster - 2010-07-05

just love all aspects and put them together i think would work well
just need someone to code it now

- ezekiel2k9 - 2010-07-05

The best skin i've seen so far for Xbmc!! You rock! I have a question for you...is it possible to modify the watched overlay?? cause i've seen this one in another message and it's kind og nice...check it out:
Image Image
So...is there any way to change the current one to this one?

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-07-06

ezekiel2k9 Wrote:The best skin i've seen so far for Xbmc!! You rock! I have a question for you...is it possible to modify the watched overlay?? cause i've seen this one in another message and it's kind og nice...check it out:
Image Image

Nice!

- Graphicsgod - 2010-07-06

ezekiel2k9 Wrote:The best skin i've seen so far for Xbmc!! You rock! I have a question for you...is it possible to modify the watched overlay?? cause i've seen this one in another message and it's kind og nice...check it out:
Image Image

LOL I did that a while ago to try to get the "X" changed Wink. I figured most people looked at it and was like "ehh". If you like that and don't want to wait for it to be added to skin, follow the instructions below (I copied it from another post). It's a quick fix and not as good as that image, but since I'm not a coder, it's the best I can do Wink!

Graphicsgod Wrote:Changed the watched overlay today. So if anyone wants it over the "X", take it!

Download

Included is the PSD file, so you can change it to what ever you want.

Place the file in this directory:
Code:
\Night\media\dialogs\movies

Enjoy!

Also if you want, I posted a few other mock up images in previous posts. If you want to search for them lol...

I don't know what happened, but the last update must have messed something up in my music... I went to listen to some music today and now I don't get CD spinning nor fanart any more. I was getting misc. fanart (mostly just random pictures from my "My Pictures" folder), not from my fanart folder inside the music directory. I found the option to turn off "random pictures" for fanart. But now I just get a black screen. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is there an error in one of the update files for the night skin? I know I had it working a while ago, now nothing Sad.

No CD spin (notice the CD art is showing up for the larger image):

Also no CDart or fanart here:

Folder Structure:

- ezekiel2k9 - 2010-07-06

Graphicsgod Wrote:LOL I did that a while ago to try to get the "X" changed Wink. I figured most people looked at it and was like "ehh". If you like that and don't want to wait for it to be added to skin, follow the instructions below (I copied it from another post). It's a quick fix and not as good as that image, but since I'm not a coder, it's the best I can do Wink!

Also if you want, I posted a few other mock up images in previous posts. If you want to search for them lol...

Thank you that's awsome but is it possible to put it in the up left coner? Wink

ezekiel2k9 Wrote:Thank you that's awsome but is it possible to put it in the up left coner? Wink

Defiantly if you know how to code. Since I don't know how this works and I'm too old to teach myself, I need the skiner to implement this. Otherwise, your stuck with the quick and dirty method.

Also I updated the image a little bit. Grab the new one!

Download

- ezekiel2k9 - 2010-07-06

sure I know how it's just I don't know where to code lol which file do i need to check? maybe McBorzu could give me a hint...thx

- mcborzu - 2010-07-07

Update 7/6/2010
-Added Title to recently added TV image
-maybe added support for bbfc flags?
-Added sutdown timer to 'Press S' dialog
-Modified "Song" view to be used on Artist level

**both git and regular download up to date

Remember
Regular Download- Premerge/Pre-10.5
Git - Merge/10.5 Compatible

I tried to get logos in but no luck...

@British Dudes

Let me know if the flags work, I couldn't test myself if it works....

- m0bbed - 2010-07-07

hi,
I can't find the night skin in the addon section. only Project Mayhem III (PM3). Is it already available through addons?

- Freek - 2010-07-07

mcborzu Wrote:
@British Dudes

Let me know if the flags work, I couldn't test myself if it works....

Thanks for having a stab at this mcborzu, I've found a few errors:

Lines 194 and 219 of IncludesCodecFlagging.xml need editing (looks like you forgot to update bits after a copy/paste)
A 12A flag is needed to finish the set
The bbfc_U flag sits a little too high (i suspect the PG one will too)
It's really hard to see what the ratings are on the greyscale flags. I played around with this a little while ago with both Night and T! and found that the colour flags work much better (not sure how this fits with your ideals for the skin).... I guess it'll be hard to make this look correct without someone creating flags without the bbfc backgound.

Cheers

- zwat - 2010-07-07

m0bbed Wrote:hi,
I can't find the night skin in the addon section. only Project Mayhem III (PM3). Is it already available through addons?

you have to use git or dl link to get the night skin.

- mcborzu - 2010-07-07

Freek Wrote:Thanks for having a stab at this mcborzu, I've found a few errors:

Lines 194 and 219 of IncludesCodecFlagging.xml need editing (looks like you forgot to update bits after a copy/paste)
A 12A flag is needed to finish the set
The bbfc_U flag sits a little too high (i suspect the PG one will too)
It's really hard to see what the ratings are on the greyscale flags. I played around with this a little while ago with both Night and T! and found that the colour flags work much better (not sure how this fits with your ideals for the skin).... I guess it'll be hard to make this look correct without someone creating flags without the bbfc backgound.

Cheers

Thx for the heads up, looks like the way those ratings are done they need color. I'll probably just use a colored version for those...