Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- supertom44 - 2010-07-13

Noticed two issues, might have been fixed, I am using latest one from xbmc passion which is from the 11th I think.

Under the settings the description for landscape.jpg is the same as it is for extra fan art.

Also similar issue to one posted earlied, added a custom playlist to the home menu and it only showed up in vertical mode, if this was fixed but occurs due to me using a slightly out of date version ignore me lol.

Cheers.

- mcborzu - 2010-07-13

supertom44 Wrote:Under the settings the description for landscape.jpg is the same as it is for extra fan art.

Also similar issue to one posted earlied, added a custom playlist to the home menu and it only showed up in vertical mode, if this was fixed but occurs due to me using a slightly out of date version ignore me lol.

Cheers.

1. Nope still there, nice catch, easy fix

2. Seemed fine for me but I'll 2x check that...

- pletopia - 2010-07-13

mcborzu Wrote:1. One day forcast should show then you use the weather submenu to change it one, 3 day or 4 day. I'll check if that day one option shows by default or if you have to check it in the submenu first...

2. I think, due to the time change and me forgetting to update git to this morning, it was fixed on this update but the XBMC-passion link might be a little behind or was when you downloaded. Again I'll 2x check

3. Technically yes, if I get time...

hmm .. okay .. got weather poping up on the home screen now Smile

i'll look into setting up git so i dont have to really on third party packers .. or actualy not really a big issue and i might just wait for official xbmc repo updating (i assume that changes will be pushed to there as often as then are to git ??)

- mcborzu - 2010-07-13

pletopia Wrote:i'll look into setting up git so i dont have to really on third party packers .. or actualy not really a big issue and i might just wait for official xbmc repo updating (i assume that changes will be pushed to there as often as then are to git ??)

Pretty much I plan to follow Ronie's Transparency!, as in he releases a final version and then his SVN version he is constantly updating/improving. But the XBMC team said that the skins in the addons should be final versions not constant updates so one there it'll be updated every 3-4 months I guess..

Git is super easy, after you download the skin once it's:

cd "/c/Program Files/XBMC/addons/skin.night" -hit enter-
git pull - hit enter -

I might look into what Hitcher has going on with his own repo and see how thats like but yea the Night version in the offical repo would only be updated maybe every 3-4 months...

- pletopia - 2010-07-13

aha .. okay then ... git it is Smile

yeah .. i used git back in the day when aeon was being worked on initially .. then when djh left i didn't like where the modders were taking aeon so i just stuck with a pretty final auriga build (with some personal tweaks) and didn't need git anymore

- pletopia - 2010-07-14

i was playing around with the skin and noticed the bluray/hddvd/dvd flag pop up from time to time on my movies and tv shows ..

it worked everytime for tv cause my bluray/dvdrip shows all have dvdrip/bluray in the filename ..

however my movies don't have this everytime .. sometimes they have the "tag" in the filename, sometimes they don't .. however they ALWAYS have it the foldername .. how difficult would it be to tweak the skin to check foldername instead of filename for this tag ?

- mcborzu - 2010-07-14

pletopia Wrote:i was playing around with the skin and noticed the bluray/hddvd/dvd flag pop up from time to time on my movies and tv shows ..

it worked everytime for tv cause my bluray/dvdrip shows all have dvdrip/bluray in the filename ..

however my movies don't have this everytime .. sometimes they have the "tag" in the filename, sometimes they don't .. however they ALWAYS have it the foldername .. how difficult would it be to tweak the skin to check foldername instead of filename for this tag ?

It's one to support skin "hacks", it's another for them to have different standards. I don't use them but it seems like the consensus on those flags are MovieName.bluray.avi. It would make it difficult to others to support multiple styles...

- pletopia - 2010-07-14

i understand .. i "hacked" my aeon to do it my way cause i knew it was the "generally accepted" way

just out of curiousites sake .. to "hack" Night, i'm probably looking at tweaking each views individual xml file or is there a general xml file that handles flag's for all the views ?

- mcborzu - 2010-07-14

IncludesCodecFlagging.xml

Quote:<control type="image">
<description>Bluray Image</description>
<width>90</width>
<height>33</height>
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
<texture>flagging/video/bluray.png</texture>
<visible>substring(ListItem.filename,bluray)</visible>
</control>

Out of curiousity what did you use instead of <visible>substring(ListItem.filename,bluray)</visible>. ListItem.foldername?

- pletopia - 2010-07-14

i believe so .. let me check my aeon xml file ..

----

yes .. listitem.foldername

btw .. your missing HDTV as a source Wink

----

worked like a charm .. thx

now how would git handle this .. if i changed it on my end .. then pull an update from you as long as you didn't change anything in that file i believe git will have no issues with it and leave it be .. i guess i'll see when i setup git later/tomorrow

- Graphicsgod - 2010-07-14

mcborzu Wrote:It's one to support skin "hacks", it's another for them to have different standards. I don't use them but it seems like the consensus on those flags are MovieName.bluray.avi. It would make it difficult to others to support multiple styles...

Sweet thanks for the tip!!! I was missing that piece of info. Renamed all my blurays to the correct naming format.

- Graphicsgod - 2010-07-14

pletopia Wrote:i believe so .. let me check my aeon xml file ..

----

yes .. listitem.foldername

btw .. your missing HDTV as a source Wink

----

worked like a charm .. thx

now how would git handle this .. if i changed it on my end .. then pull an update from you as long as you didn't change anything in that file i believe git will have no issues with it and leave it be .. i guess i'll see when i setup git later/tomorrow

Just do what I do, and create a folder called backup. And place all your modded files in there. And any time you update, just replace from that folder.

- Ram2000 - 2010-07-14

mcborzu Wrote:IncludesCodecFlagging.xml

<control type="image">
<description>Bluray Image</description>
<width>90</width>
<height>33</height>
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
<texture>flagging/video/bluray.png</texture>
<visible>substring(ListItem.filename,bluray)</visible>
</control>

Out of curiousity what did you use instead of <visible>substring(ListItem.filename,bluray)</visible>. ListItem.foldername?

Just out of intrest could I use this to add Bluray overlays as seen in a few other skins I did get this working in showmix
but it wasnt using this method ?
thanks

- christoofar - 2010-07-14

In Skin setting I selected to hide the Scripts, Programs, and Favorites from the Home screen, but when I go back to it, they are still being displayed (in Horizontal view)

- mcborzu - 2010-07-14

Ram2000 Wrote:Just out of intrest could I use this to add Bluray overlays as seen in a few other skins I did get this working in showmix
but it wasnt using this method ?
thanks

I thought that was they way everyone did they bluray flag. Unless they were detecting video resolution:

<texture>$INFO[ListItem.VideoAspect,flagging/aspectratio/,.png]</texture>

and then matching 720/1080 to a specific image...

christoofar Wrote:In Skin setting I selected to hide the Scripts, Programs, and Favorites from the Home screen, but when I go back to it, they are still being displayed (in Horizontal view)

Huh works for me and I also just tried a fresh copy(renamed the skin) and everything functions as normal. If you want you could delete your guisettings.xml in your userdata folder, though you'll have to reset all your setting for your skins...