Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

Queries - Rob Xbox User - 2010-07-14

Thanks for the earlier replies - thouse issues are now sorted.

Quick query - when browsing the database is there a way to skip more quickly through the list of films/music. In aeon you click to the right once a symbol goes white and you can move a pace. I have 19,000 + track music track so this function is really important for my setup.

Thanks again for a great skin - great work!

- mcborzu - 2010-07-14

Rob Xbox User Wrote:Quick query - when browsing the database is there a way to skip more quickly through the list of films/music. In aeon you click to the right once a symbol goes white and you can move a pace. I have 19,000 + track music track so this function is really important for my setup.

Did a quick check seems like all the views have a scrollbar, though a couple where missing the teal ball on it (will look into) but still works nonetheless.

- Oddsodz - 2010-07-14

Not sure if it's a bug or not. I Did a fresh install and now I seem to be missing the "Recently added albums" widget. The "Recently added Movies" and the "Recently added TV shows" all work fine as they should. Is this a bug or just not been added back yet?

- mcborzu - 2010-07-14

Oddsodz Wrote:Not sure if it's a bug or not. I Did a fresh install and now I seem to be missing the "Recently added albums" widget. The "Recently added Movies" and the "Recently added TV shows" all work fine as they should. Is this a bug or just not been added back yet?

I should just leave that stuff on so it doesnt slip through the cracks. I had
Quote:<visible>Skin.HasSetting(merge_version) + Container(300).Hasfocus(1)</visible>

Which should've been removed when I separated Merge/Pre-merge. Will be fixed on tonights update...

- Oddsodz - 2010-07-14

Oh Great, Cool Beans

- pletopia - 2010-07-15

could i make a suggestion regarding the Movie and TV submenu's ??

the item i use most often there is "recently added" .. as probably do most .. shouldn't it be the first item in the submenu ?? furthermore i think titles should be moved all the way to the end (or even removed) since entering on Movies/TV is the same thing as going into the submenu and then entering Titles

also, not sure if this is feasible .. but i learned of a great new feature today .. custom Submenu items .. you allow 2 .. 1 favorite and 1 playlist .. is it possible to setup so it could like 2 playlists instead of the favorite ? and/or vice versa 2 favorites and 0 playlists? just allow 2 items whatever they are ?

- mcborzu - 2010-07-15

pletopia Wrote:could i make a suggestion regarding the Movie and TV submenu's ??

the item i use most often there is "recently added" .. as probably do most .. shouldn't it be the first item in the submenu ?? furthermore i think titles should be moved all the way to the end (or even removed) since entering on Movies/TV is the same thing as going into the submenu and then entering Titles

also, not sure if this is feasible .. but i learned of a great new feature today .. custom Submenu items .. you allow 2 .. 1 favorite and 1 playlist .. is it possible to setup so it could like 2 playlists instead of the favorite ? and/or vice versa 2 favorites and 0 playlists? just allow 2 items whatever they are ?

1. I thought I switched out titles for files, done now...

2. Maybe in the future, I love skins that allow me to customize the Home menu/submenu. But I'm out of room on the menu:

As of now I dont like how music is hidden below. I want to branch "Custom Submenu Items" off into their own category. When I do that I can bump the items up to 2 or 3 each.

- pletopia - 2010-07-15

kewl ..

my skin is from a few days ago (still haven't gotten around to installing git Wink) so maybe you changed the Titles to Files .. on my version Movies has Titles (no files), TV has Files & Titles

so not a fan of teh Recently Added bumped to front of list ?

- smilenkovski - 2010-07-15

Hi mcborzu.
Like I said, Night skin is excellent piece of work.
Can you, please, check what kind of sound can XBMC play on interface level. Wav's and mp3's for sure but what about m4v or any other "more than 2 channel" sounds. One of this days, on spare time in my studio I'll try to make my version of sounds and post it to you. But I need clarification on sound formats. Search on xbmc gives me poor results.

- Thespirit - 2010-07-15

Hey guys I could do with a little help, been using this skin for a while now and its just amazing, but since I updated to a pre 10.5 build I cant download this skin, followed the github instructions and it seems to work, yet i cant see the file in the addon folder and it doesnt show up in xbmc either, i am missing something here?

- mcborzu - 2010-07-15

pletopia Wrote:so not a fan of teh Recently Added bumped to front of list ?

I think it would look out of place because the way they are now it pretty much goes from smallest to largest. And on things like that I'd like to keep the layout close to Confluence to make it easier on new users

smilenkovski Wrote:Hi mcborzu.
Like I said, Night skin is excellent piece of work.
Can you, please, check what kind of sound can XBMC play on interface level. Wav's and mp3's for sure but what about m4v or any other "more than 2 channel" sounds. One of this days, on spare time in my studio I'll try to make my version of sounds and post it to you. But I need clarification on sound formats. Search on xbmc gives me poor results.

No clue, if you tried and it didn't work asking in the skin development thread would get you an answer, Or you might have to convert the sounds to .mp3

Thespirit Wrote:Hey guys I could do with a little help, been using this skin for a while now and its just amazing, but since I updated to a pre 10.5 build I cant download this skin, followed the github instructions and it seems to work, yet i cant see the file in the addon folder and it doesnt show up in xbmc either, i am missing something here?

In windows I put it : C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons

There probably some info in the wiki/forums on where to put it for Mac/Linux

- zwat - 2010-07-15

hmm didn't feel for the "new" volumebar. i can't remember how it was before. this skin is mostly text on transparency background and suddenly the volumebar comes with some kind of gui. what about just having a bar with transparency background either top to bottom of screen or same size you have now?

- mcborzu - 2010-07-15

zwat Wrote:hmm didn't feel for the "new" volumebar. i can't remember how it was before. this skin is mostly text on transparency background and suddenly the volumebar comes with some kind of gui. what about just having a bar with transparency background either top to bottom of screen or same size you have now?

I probably shrink the height by 1 to 2 inches but the spot it was in had too much in that area...video/music scanners, time, and one more thing I cant remember. Plus I wanted something "different".

For the most part I try to stay away from Panels/Textures and use gradients but just some things need them....

- mcborzu - 2010-07-16

Update 7/15/2010
-Home weather widget the one day forecast shows by default, before it had to be selected via submenu
-Fixed Music recently added not showing
-Added Library totals to Global Time
-Added option to lower Horizontal Home to bottom, option visible when Horizontal is checked
-Lowered Recently added Movie/Misc to 3 visible instead of 5 visible
-added scrollbar to Music "Shelf" view, fixed some music scrollbar errors
-bunch of very minor fixes/tweaks

**both git and regular download up to date

Remember
Regular Download- Premerge/Pre-10.5
Git - Merge/10.5 Compatible

*Bottom Align Home Menu

*Item Count-View Mode included in Global Time

- pletopia - 2010-07-16

that looks very slick