Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- pletopia - 2010-07-16

okay .. so i grabbed the latest version to play around with

one thing that seemed weird to me is if you put the main menu bar horizontal .. instead of hitting "down" to get to submenu (which seems 2nd nature these days) .. you hit up now

- smilenkovski - 2010-07-16

Thank you for the number of items.

- Rad_ - 2010-07-16

The global time is awesome. Thank you so much for making it more global; I was stoked when I noticed it pop up in files mode.... I really love your skin and can't thank you enough for the work you put in.

- dubasr - 2010-07-16

Hello,
on the first presentation, a view for the movie was present
is it possible to have this view now?
thanks

- psike - 2010-07-16

Really like the new lower Horizontal Home, thanks.

1.Don't know if it's just my screen not calibrate right but some character goes off screen.

2. animations for music and weather widget don't feel right with this menu. maybe changed it or completely remove.

- oblonhor - 2010-07-16

Awesome update! keeps getting better. new global time is great, tough there's a little problem when viewing artists in 'songs' viewtype, global time is placed on the artist info, would be better in the top/bottom right corner which is empty.

Apart from that great update, thanks.

- pletopia - 2010-07-16

psike Wrote:Really like the new lower Horizontal Home, thanks.

1.Don't know if it's just my screen not calibrate right but some character goes off screen.

2. animations for music and weather widget don't feel right with this menu. maybe changed it or completely remove.

maybe you need to tweak your vid calibration settings -> system -> video -> video calibration

- mcborzu - 2010-07-16

psike Wrote:Really like the new lower Horizontal Home, thanks.

1. Yea I like the way it's spaced but couldn't decide if having the g's and y's cutoff would annoy me enough to move it up a little. Probably move it up

2. Yea sometimes I need things to sink in for a day or two to see if they need changing...

pletopia Wrote:okay .. so i grabbed the latest version to play around with

one thing that seemed weird to me is if you put the main menu bar horizontal .. instead of hitting "down" to get to submenu (which seems 2nd nature these days) .. you hit up now
Same as the answer above, need things to sink in for a little to decide whether or not it needs a tweak

dubasr Wrote:Hello,
on the first presentation, a view for the movie was present
is it possible to have this view now?
thanks

Thats one of those things that look great for a screenshot but real time scrolling felt/looks weird having it disappear into nowhere, especially scrolling to the left....

- pletopia - 2010-07-16

mcborzu Wrote:1. Yea I like the way it's spaced but couldn't decide if having the g's and y's cutoff would annoy me enough to move it up a little. Probably move it up

i never noticed that cause i disable everything in my main menu except for "videos, movies, tv, weather"

none of those actually has letters that go below "the line" hehe

however even without it, it did look a "bit to low"

ps .. i know i've only started using this skin a few days ago and been saying alot, but trust me when i say .. i'm very impressed .. you did what i've been thinking of for awhile now, take alaska's code base and make it look more "aeon-esque" which in my opinion is still the best "concept" skin out there .. it looks great but its code is a bit outdated and inefficient .. night definately runs better on my atom box then aeon does and the views look better Smile

- pletopia - 2010-07-16

quick question .. did you make the source flags (dvd, bluray ...) or did you grab them from somewhere ?? i ask cause i'd like to add hdtv to my setup .. i tried just popping in the one from my aeon skin but it doesn't "fit" since its not the right size and the gradient effect is not the same

- mcborzu - 2010-07-16

pletopia Wrote:quick question .. did you make the source flags (dvd, bluray ...) or did you grab them from somewhere ?? i ask cause i'd like to add hdtv to my setup .. i tried just popping in the one from my aeon skin but it doesn't "fit" since its not the right size and the gradient effect is not the same

Confluence, he has added some flags but now I can't find where the uncompressed images are kept...

- pletopia - 2010-07-16

hmm .. looks like Jezz_x compressed his media folder into a single Textures.xbt .. i believe that improves performance, but it makes it harder for end user to tweak and add/take flags 'n such Wink

guess i should install photoshop and see if i can tweak aeon's hdtv logo cause i just took a look at confluence and he doesn't have one .. its just a "TV" flag .. although that might work cause it will HDTV, PDTV, DSR as per his example

https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/trunk/addons/skin.confluence/media/flagging/video/tv.png Smile

Code:
        <control type="image">
            <description>TV Types Image</description>
            <width>90</width>
            <height>33</height>
            <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
            <texture>flagging/video/TV.png</texture>
            <visible>[substring(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,pdtv) | substring(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,hdtv) | substring(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,dsr)] + !Skin.HasSetting(HideFilenameFlagging)</visible>
        </control>

btw .. remember we talked about filename vs foldername ?

i just took a look at confluence .. and he has a genius way around it .. instead of using ListItem.Filename or ListItem.Foldername .. he uses ListItem.FilenameAndPath instead and i believe it handles what i was talking about .. what you think of switching that in Night ?

https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/trunk/addons/skin.confluence/720p/IncludesCodecFlagging.xml

- mcborzu - 2010-07-17

@pletopia

Thanks alot for the Confluence link!!

- dubasr - 2010-07-17

hello,
I have download the last revision of night, and I have lot of truble with the music scrapper last FM.
lot off information ares missing and I can't put the fanart on the artist & album views (the fanart option is red an unaccessible on the artist info)
some one can help me to configure the scrapper?
Thanks in advance
richard

- isamu.dragon - 2010-07-17

dubasr Wrote:hello,
I have download the last revision of night, and I have lot of truble with the music scrapper last FM.
lot off information ares missing and I can't put the fanart on the artist & album views (the fanart option is red an unaccessible on the artist info)
some one can help me to configure the scrapper?
Thanks in advance
richard

this is a scrapper issue not a skin issue.

download the Last.FM addon, then use it.
allmusic will scrap everything though