Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- 1slimm31 - 2010-07-18

Is anyone else having a problem getting to files view in music. When i go into settings and try to view files, to add more music i get stuck in the menu, and it wont let me back out until i go into library mode. im on the latest git version on svn 31639. any ideas would be helpful. thanks.

*got into files mode, dont know how, but i got it. found it weird that i couldnt just pick files view and get right in. this is my first attempt at music tho so maybe i just need more time with it.

- mcborzu - 2010-07-18

1slimm31 Wrote:Is anyone else having a problem getting to files view in music. When i go into settings and try to view files, to add more music i get stuck in the menu, and it wont let me back out until i go into library mode. im on the latest git version on svn 31639. any ideas would be helpful. thanks.

*got into files mode, dont know how, but i got it. found it weird that i couldnt just pick files view and get right in. this is my first attempt at music tho so maybe i just need more time with it.

Well if you had no content you'd automatically be in File mode. Two other ways to always access files mode:

1. Submenu on Home
2. Or view options have a button to go into Files mode

- Oddsodz - 2010-07-18

mcborzu Wrote:Well if you had no content you'd automatically be in File mode. Two other ways to always access files mode:

1. Submenu on Home
2. Or view options have a button to go into Files mode

Alas I was meaning to post about this myself.

The extra sub menus do not work. You get stuck at the "library mode" with the bottom pop up menu (grey thing) stuck up and and the only way to get it back is to go in to library mode. Now this is not a big issue if all your music is tagged right as library mode is the best way to find all your tune. But I have a shed load of "Audio books". And having them in the "library" is not idea. I Have asked about adding "Audio Book" support to the suggestion forum. It's on the list at the very VERY bottom Sad

The Main issue is we don't have a "Audio book" Scrapper to make use off.

Anyway. Here is another issue to worry about.

The BBC iPlayer addon has made it's way to working again.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51322&page=84

But I can not use it with "Night" for some reason. I Have to switch skins to Confluence if I want to use it. Seem as if it loses focus when a pop up message should come up telling that it is loading streams. This makes the whole navigating up/down/enter stop working. The little navigating sounds are still going as you try to navigate about. But you are stuck at the root level of the addon. And no matter what buttons you press. You can not get back to the main meun or anywhere. You have to "Alt+Ctrl+DEL" (windows) to quit XBMC and start over again. Like I said. It is not an issue if I switch skins. I Can switch skins just to use the addon. And switch back with no issues. So it is an odd one. I Get the feeling that is something to do with the way the addon displys it's pop up messages to say it is "Loading/downloading" stream info.

Anyway. Enjoy that lot ;-)

- mcborzu - 2010-07-18

Oddsodz Wrote:The extra sub menus do not work. You get stuck at the "library mode" with the bottom pop up menu (grey thing) stuck up and and the only way to get it back is to go in to library mode. Now this is not a big issue if all your music is tagged right as library mode is the best way to find all your tune. But I have a shed load of "Audio books". And having them in the "library" is not idea. I Have asked about adding "Audio Book" support to the suggestion forum. It's on the list at the very VERY bottom Sad

Actually that is a big deal, no clue how that got there or happened. Wish I listened to music so these things wouldn't sneak up on meSad Anyways all fixed, the view options no longer get "stuck" on screen...

I'll check into the iplayer. Hey could you save me some time a post a link or the post that had the download. The first page looks like older info and I'm like 5 pages in from the back, and haven't noticed a D/L link...thx!!

**EDIT**
Knew once I posted I'd find it

- mcborzu - 2010-07-18

Update 7/15/2010
-Adjust Lower Horizontal home, also changed the press up/down to better correspond with being in the middle or at the bottom
-Added a scrollbar to all TV/Movies views but "Wall" and "Logo" I believe
-Fixed view options being stuck for Files mode in Music

**both git and regular download up to date

Remember
Regular Download- Premerge/Pre-10.5
Git - Merge/10.5 Compatible

**in case anyone is following this thread I changed the default button to "play" from "cast" on the video information screen.

- Graphicsgod - 2010-07-18

Was updating and got an error, any reason for this?

BTW, was using my wife's laptop to try to update night. Since I prefer to screw up her laptop before I screw up my HD mini PC LOL, just don't tell my wife Wink!

Not sure if there was any other files it didn't update, but for some odd reason it didn't like this one.

- Hitcher - 2010-07-18

Oddsodz Wrote:Anyway. Here is another issue to worry about.

The BBC iPlayer addon has made it's way to working again.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51322&page=84

But I can not use it with "Night" for some reason. I Have to switch skins to Confluence if I want to use it. Seem as if it loses focus when a pop up message should come up telling that it is loading streams. This makes the whole navigating up/down/enter stop working. The little navigating sounds are still going as you try to navigate about. But you are stuck at the root level of the addon. And no matter what buttons you press. You can not get back to the main meun or anywhere. You have to "Alt+Ctrl+DEL" (windows) to quit XBMC and start over again. Like I said. It is not an issue if I switch skins. I Can switch skins just to use the addon. And switch back with no issues. So it is an odd one. I Get the feeling that is something to do with the way the addon displys it's pop up messages to say it is "Loading/downloading" stream info.

Anyway. Enjoy that lot ;-)
Firstly @ Oddsodz, when it's loading info you shouldn't try moving about because that's the 'cancel' action which will screw up addons/scripts and cause crashes.

Secondly @ mcborzu, I had problems using the default toggle button (id 8) in the video info screen to play videos when using the new 'Show Info/Play' feature so I simply changed over to a dummy button instead -

PHP Code:
<window type="dialog" id="2003">
    <
defaultcontrol>7050</defaultcontrol>
    <
controls>

<
control type="button" id="7050">
            <
texturefocus>-</texturefocus>
            <
texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
            <
onleft>PreviousMenu</onleft>
            <
onright>50</onright>
            <
onup>7001</onup>
            <
ondown>7001</ondown>
            <
onclick>Dialog.Close(movieinformation)</onclick>
            <
onclick>PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.FileNameAndPath])</onclick>
        </
control

- Oddsodz - 2010-07-18

Hitcher Wrote:Firstly @ Oddsodz, when it's loading info you shouldn't try moving about because that's the 'cancel' action which will screw up addons/scripts and cause crashes.

Well you see. I Know that. But waiting 2 minutes for the addon to respond is beyond my limits. Again when I know that the addon works with in seconds when using Confluence. Ergo it's a skin issue

- mcborzu - 2010-07-18

Graphicsgod Wrote:Was updating and got an error, any reason for this?

When I was following Alaska's development I would get that error on Viewtype_Poster.xml because I modded it. Once I removed Viewtype_Poster.xml git would update just fine...

Hitcher Wrote:Secondly @ mcborzu, I had problems using the default toggle button (id 8) in the video info screen to play videos when using the new 'Show Info/Play' feature so I simply changed over to a dummy button instead -

Thx for taking a peek, I'll change that button...

- pletopia - 2010-07-19

on 2 of my camelot box's (pre-merge version of Night) the submenu's are messed up (all the text is on top of each other) .. you notice this and/or fix it in the latest version ?

- mcborzu - 2010-07-19

pletopia Wrote:on 2 of my camelot box's (pre-merge version of Night) the submenu's are messed up (all the text is on top of each other) .. you notice this and/or fix it in the latest version ?

Everything is fine on my pre-merge version some build around 28200. All Home menu's (Side, Middle, Bottom)...

If you want to test, Open up Includes.xml - Line 120:

Change: <width min="100" max="320">auto</width>

To: <width>320</width>

That would be the only thing I could think of that would screw up older versions...

- mcborzu - 2010-07-19

Update 7/18/2010
-Changed up some of the positioning of 'Now Playing' items Home with Bottom Horizontal
-Also changed animations for Music/Movies Recently Added and Weather widget
-Removed "Programs", "Scripts" now called "Addons"
-Changed "WallPanel" from a strikethrough to a 'X'

**Only git was updated!**

- Oddsodz - 2010-07-19

Any chance of adding back the 5 instead of 3 recent Moves/Music? I did like it better with 5. Maybe make it an option at some point?

- pletopia - 2010-07-19

mcborzu Wrote:Everything is fine on my pre-merge version some build around 28200. All Home menu's (Side, Middle, Bottom)...

If you want to test, Open up Includes.xml - Line 120:

Change: <width min="100" max="320">auto</width>

To: <width>320</width>

That would be the only thing I could think of that would screw up older versions...

hmm .. i'll take a look .. my camelot box's are both camelot final .. i wonder if that has anything to do with it since it looks like you have a svn from around there

the home menu is fine .. its the submenu portion (files, genre, recently added) that are bunch on top of each other

- mcborzu - 2010-07-19

pletopia Wrote:hmm .. i'll take a look .. my camelot box's are both camelot final .. i wonder if that has anything to do with it since it looks like you have a svn from around there

100 bucks that's it...That auto-sizing stuff was added about a month after Camelot. And technically it's not ready for buttons so I changed it on tonight's changes. So next time I upload a pre-merge version grab that and I bet it'll be fine...Or I bet 10.5 beta is like a week away.