Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- pletopia - 2010-07-21

mcborzu Wrote:Update 7/20/2010
-Code for genre fanart is in

**Only git was updated!**

Might include a pack of genre fanart by default if the pack doesn't go above 5-8mbs. Haven't had much time past couple days...

FYI -
media/extras/genrefanart/ is where to put your pack
haha .. i was playing around with the skin and i was about to tell you that teh "genrefanart" is already in the skin download

also, you include studio logo's but as far as i can tell the skin doesn't use them

- ManoloDF - 2010-07-21

I did a git pull and now my XBMC Live says "Incompatible Skin. We require skins of version 2.10 or higher" I also noticed the skin.xml was gone, I also saw on the downloadable zip that is available so I was going to try that to get my Night Skin working again, but is there a reason it wont work after a git pull?

Scroll Bar - Rob Xbox User - 2010-07-21

mcborzu Wrote:Did a quick check seems like all the views have a scrollbar, though a couple where missing the teal ball on it (will look into) but still works nonetheless.

I've checked the music scrollbar and it'd not working. The speed doesn't increase you press the left cursor.

When will this be added - with 19,000 audio tracks. It just doesn't work without being to increase the scroll.

- mcborzu - 2010-07-21

ManoloDF Wrote:I did a git pull and now my XBMC Live says "Incompatible Skin. We require skins of version 2.10 or higher" I also noticed the skin.xml was gone, I also saw on the downloadable zip that is available so I was going to try that to get my Night Skin working again, but is there a reason it wont work after a git pull?

Well if you used the git version on a pre-merge version you get these errors:

1. Recently added
2. Minutes showing on duration
3. OSD subs wouldn't work
4. No Scripts window

I use to keep the files in there to make things easy on me, and they didn't hurt anything, but just a couple days ago I completly made git ready for 10.5 meaning I removed the stuff that is longer used in 10.5

Short answer - use the regular download link....

Rob Xbox User Wrote:I've checked the music scrollbar and it'd not working. The speed doesn't increase you press the left cursor.

When will this be added - with 19,000 audio tracks. It just doesn't work without being to increase the scroll.

I changed alot of id's and looks like I overlooked "Files" and "Songs" view, fixed now, any other particular view....

- Ram2000 - 2010-07-21

mcborzu Wrote:Update 7/20/2010
-Code for genre fanart is in

Might include a pack of genre fanart by default if the pack doesn't go above 5-8mbs. Haven't had much time past couple days...

FYI -
media/extras/genrefanart/ is where to put your pack

Looks GREAT thanks.
Could you point me to where I might do they changes I suggested IE removing the text (not needed for me as its in teh folder.jpg) and clearing the difuse.

- mcborzu - 2010-07-22

Ram2000 Wrote:Looks GREAT thanks.
Could you point me to where I might do they changes I suggested IE removing the text (not needed for me as its in teh folder.jpg) and clearing the difuse.

3rd control block down from top in Viewtype_Poster.xml is the text:

PHP Code:
<control type="label"><!--Big Title-->
            <
visible>Control.IsVisible(50) + ![Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(movies)]</visible>
            <
animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,-70" time="1000" delay="600" tween="cubic" easing="inout" condition="Control.IsVisible(50) + ![Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(movies)]">Conditional</animation>
            <
posx>0</posx>
            <
posy>235</posy>
            <
width>1280</width>
            <
height>50</height>
            <
align>center</align>
            <
font>Font_Bartowski_BigMusic</font>
            <
shadowcolor>678b8b8b</shadowcolor>
            <
textcolor>678b8b8b</textcolor>
            <
label>$INFO[ListItem.label]</label>
            <include>
Animation_HiddenByInfo</include>
            <include>
Animation_Bartowski_Context_Zoom</include>
        </
control

elaborate more on what you mean by the "diffuse"...

- joshhansen - 2010-07-22

I really like the fan art view for TV shows. Any chance something like that will happen for movies?

Also, after adding my movies to the library i now get a visible stagger/lag when moving up and down the main menu, it only happens when moving to TV or Movies. It makes the movement really jumpy. It scrolls at regular speed when moving up and down between the other options on the main menus. Any idea what could be causing that? (im using xbmc live on acer revo)

- mcborzu - 2010-07-22

joshhansen Wrote:I really like the fan art view for TV shows. Any chance something like that will happen for movies?

Also, after adding my movies to the library i now get a visible stagger/lag when moving up and down the main menu, it only happens when moving to TV or Movies. It makes the movement really jumpy. It scrolls at regular speed when moving up and down between the other options on the main menus. Any idea what could be causing that? (im using xbmc live on acer revo)

Never would work well for movies. The great thing about Logos is they are all the same size unlike Movie titles where they range from "2012" to "Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery", they'll just never fit right...

The little hiccup is from 'Recently Added', the more powerful the system the less noticeable. I've looked into it not much I can do other than slow the scrolling of the whole list so it's not as noticeable but then I really don't like the way the list flows then....It's just the way the list flows faster than the info can be loaded.

- mcborzu - 2010-07-22

Update 7/21/2010
-Fixed some scrollbar errors
-Added "3d Square" view to Addons/Programs and Music Files mode
-Added submenu link to AddonBrowser under "Addons"

- EZ44 - 2010-07-22

Help, I feel like such a n00b.

I accidentally turned off 'Settings' menu option from the 'Home Screen' so now I just have Videos, Weather and Shutdown. Problem is that now I can't find a way to get back into the main settings screen. Keyboard and remote combos don't work and I don't see an obvious way to turn it back on in the home.xml file. I know that pressing 'LEFT' on the remote on some skins takes you to the 'Settings' screen but not on this one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is there a way to get the weather backgrounds to reflect the current weather? When I turn on 'Conditional Weather' all I get is a black background and when it's off all I get is the winter/snow background.

Thanks.

I probably should start a new thread but can't delete this post so it'll have to stay active.

- mcborzu - 2010-07-22

EZ44 Wrote:Help, I feel like such a n00b.

I accidentally turned off 'Settings' menu option from the 'Home Screen' so now I just have Videos, Weather and Shutdown. Problem is that now I can't find a way to get back into the main settings screen. Keyboard and remote combos don't work and I don't see an obvious way to turn it back on in the home.xml file. I know that pressing 'LEFT' on the remote on some skins takes you to the 'Settings' screen but not on this one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is there a way to get the weather backgrounds to reflect the current weather? When I turn on 'Conditional Weather' all I get is a black background and when it's off all I get is the winter/snow background.

Thanks.

Pressing 's' will bring up settings or whatever your remote equivalent is.

Just set the backdrops like any other in Settings->Skin->Background Custimizer

- EZ44 - 2010-07-22

mcborzu Wrote:Pressing 's' will bring up settings or whatever your remote equivalent is.

Just set the backdrops like any other in Settings->Skin->Background Custimizer

Thanks for the quick response! I love this skin and was wondering how long before it's in the official xbmc repo?

- ppic - 2010-07-22

you need to choose weather fanart backdrop in background option conditional weather fanart need a directory organisation, you can find some in the forum.

- EZ44 - 2010-07-22

ppic Wrote:you need to choose weather fanart backdrop in background option conditional weather fanart need a directory organisation, you can find some in the forum.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

- Ram2000 - 2010-07-22

mcborzu Wrote:3rd control block down from top in Viewtype_Poster.xml is the text:

PHP Code:
<control type="label"><!--Big Title-->
            <
visible>Control.IsVisible(50) + ![Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(movies)]</visible>
            <
animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,-70" time="1000" delay="600" tween="cubic" easing="inout" condition="Control.IsVisible(50) + ![Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(movies)]">Conditional</animation>
            <
posx>0</posx>
            <
posy>235</posy>
            <
width>1280</width>
            <
height>50</height>
            <
align>center</align>
            <
font>Font_Bartowski_BigMusic</font>
            <
shadowcolor>678b8b8b</shadowcolor>
            <
textcolor>678b8b8b</textcolor>
            <
label>$INFO[ListItem.label]</label>
            <include>
Animation_HiddenByInfo</include>
            <include>
Animation_Bartowski_Context_Zoom</include>
        </
control

elaborate more on what you mean by the "diffuse"...

Perfect i just removed the lot :-) I mean the shadow around the fanart

I have removed

Code:
        <control type="image"><!-- Fanart -->
            <visible>Control.IsVisible(50) + !Skin.HasSetting(Poster_Fanart)</visible>
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>1280</width>
            <height>720</height>
            <texture>movie-poster/movie-back3.png</texture>
            <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
        </control>

And that seems to have got it looking GREAT..... thanks again