Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- Graphicsgod - 2010-07-23

Was looking at your jukebox idea and thought it could use an update. So I sat down and played in PSD till I came up with something that resembles a "TouchTunes". I don't know if anyone has been to a bar lately, but they replaced jukeboxes with a lot of these "TouchTunes" machines. Well I was at the bar last night and took a quick picture of one and tried to replicate it in PSD.

Here are the results...

ImageImageImage

I didn't spend much time on the GUI of the thing, since I would prefer mcborzu, to decide how he wanted it laid out if he wanted to use it.

And a picture of the actual device.

ImageImage

I would like to see a animated video of the "TouchTunes" zoomed out and then it gets zoomed in when you go to that program for the first time in XBMC. But I don't know if XBMC would support a video file being played before loading the program. Also I would love to have all the glowing lights animated while you used the program to select and play the songs. I might put together some videos to test this idea...

Anyway let me know if you like this version of the Jukebox and what you dislike about it.

And here is the PSD file of it if anyone wants to see how it was made, or can chop it up for the jukebox view.

Download

Enjoy!!

- mcborzu - 2010-07-23

Graphicsgod Wrote:I would like to see a animated video of the "TouchTunes" zoomed out and then it gets zoomed in when you go to that program for the first time in XBMC. But I don't know if XBMC would support a video file being played before loading the program. Also I would love to have all the glowing lights animated while you used the program to select and play the songs. I might put together some videos to test this idea...
[/url]

1. Definitely skins lose control once a file starts...

2. You can have animation all throughout the skin, eckstheory has a small animation in his mod that loops throughout the skin. And Ronie has a cool jukebox animations once a files starts playing....

I always up for ideas, even though the Jukebox in general doesn't fit my theme I just had to make it. It was like an itch that had to be scratched. I couldn't move forward without doing it...This might be a tad too futuristic for the skin but maybe a little google search for more hi-res pics and videos might shed more light....

- Graphicsgod - 2010-07-23

mcborzu Wrote:1. Definitely skins lose control once a file starts...

2. You can have animation all throughout the skin, eckstheory has a small animation in his mod that loops throughout the skin. And Ronie has a cool jukebox animations once a files starts playing....

I always up for ideas, even though the Jukebox in general doesn't fit my theme I just had to make it. It was like an itch that had to be scratched. I couldn't move forward without doing it...This might be a tad too futuristic for the skin but maybe a little google search for more hi-res pics and videos might shed more light....

WOW that skin has some great ideas and animation!! Had no idea it existed! Thanks for the share. Hopefully when he gets it more finished, you could add it as a second skin on top of yours or maybe borrow some ideas Big Grin.

And I understand about the jukebox, hence why I wanted to try a different way to do it. I think if you can make it more animated, easier to navigate, and easier to read.. it might work much better! If you want to use my PSD images, please be my guest! Or if you need any help, also let me know Wink.

BTW some videos of the TouchTunes GUI up close..

The GUI:
Video

And the GUI in action:Video

This GUI is closer to what was in the bar I was in last night:
Video

And a glimpse of the different units:
Video

If it helps..

- zwat - 2010-07-23

mcborzu Wrote:Were you asking so you could mod a seperate skin? If yes, easiest would be - using Notepad++ - double click the word "night" then "replace all" with whatever name you want and then name your skin folder skin.whatever

sorry been off the grid again. i did that when i first started on my moding of ur skin and totally forgot i changed addons.xml Big Grin would actually be an idea to name the skin after the folder instead of a xml file.

- Roborob - 2010-07-23

Can there be an option to hide artist thumb in library mode (file view). I would like to see fanart only because the artist picture is a bit to big for me.

- mcborzu - 2010-07-24

Update 7/22/2010
-Changed the Showcase Picture view to disappear by pressing down not automatically as before
-Fixed a few errors with Now Playing after I swapped id's on Files and Poster view
-Fixed a bbfc flag error
-Fanart option for "Files" view in Music Library
-Minutes no longer show when focused on a movie set
-Added 'ondown' option for plot on episode level in View Options to "Fanart" view

**Only git was updated!**

**Important Note**

XBMC will perfer not having scripts inside of skins. On that note the Favorite script now needs to be in your addons directory. They have accepted it, not sure as of this posting if it's available. If not, you can download it HERE

- zwat - 2010-07-24

latest build -> poster view u have a setting called view info. maybe change that to view flags since all it does is toggle flags?

- ppic - 2010-07-24

i'll keep you update for logo downloader script Wink

you'll got to change the script call name to script.logo-downloader as it is named outside the one you have in your skin Wink

if you want to put it apart, just need to get the script from here, i'll submit it in official repo to get it automatically downloaded with the skin Wink

- mcborzu - 2010-07-24

ppic Wrote:i'll keep you update for logo downloader script Wink

you'll got to change the script call name to script.logo-downloader as it is named outside the one you have in your skin Wink

if you want to put it apart, just need to get the script from here, i'll submit it in official repo to get it automatically downloaded with the skin Wink

Yea it's a simple change for me, once I see in the mailing list it's submitted I'll change it...

- pletopia - 2010-07-24

ppic Wrote:i'll keep you update for logo downloader script Wink

you mean, with the new addon's setup .. if i go and install the skin onto a fresh setup .. it will also automatically install the logo downloader ?

- BigFredy - 2010-07-24

first, i love u skin Smile

i have one question, how i can play a movie trailer?

- ppic - 2010-07-24

pletopia Wrote:you mean, with the new addon's setup .. if i go and install the skin onto a fresh setup .. it will also automatically install the logo downloader ?

yup!

- oblonhor - 2010-07-24

BigFredy Wrote:first, i love u skin Smile

i have one question, how i can play a movie trailer?

you must have the trailer named (movie name)-trailer in your movie folder then just go to movie info by pressing "i" and play trailer, or by one click on certain views, you will have all the needed information on the screen

- itchy_balls - 2010-07-24

oblonhor Wrote:you must have the trailer named (movie name)-trailer in your movie folder then just go to movie info by pressing "i" and play trailer, or by one click on certain views, you will have all the needed information on the screen

Can't play trailers from links in the nfo file?

- mcborzu - 2010-07-24

itchy_balls Wrote:Can't play trailers from links in the nfo file?

I use local trailers if not to much trouble paste the link from your .nfo and I'll see whats up...