Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- Reginald - 2010-07-24

I created an add-on and repo for Night. If you are interested install this repo

- Download xbmc.repo.night.zip
- In XBMC browse to Add-ons > Install from ZIP file > Navigate to where you saved xbmc.repo.night.zip and Install
- Then Add-ons > Get Add-ons > Night's Repository > Skin > Night
- Select 'Install'

- mcborzu - 2010-07-25

**LAST PRE-MERGE/PRE-10.5 BUILD**

Much of my focus has been getting things 10.5 ready, hence only git has been updated. I think this one will be last pre 10.5 build.

This version has the ability for 6 custom scripts on submenu, something my other pre-merge versions didn't have since I didn't bother swapping the code.

DOWNLOAD - Also link on first page...

- blacklist - 2010-07-25

Reginald Wrote:I created an add-on and repo for Night. If you are interested install this repo

- In XBMC browse to Add-ons > Install from ZIP file > Navigate to where you saved xbmc.repo.night.zip and Install
- Select 'Install'

Thanks so much! Are you keeping this updates with the latest git version??

- jives00 - 2010-07-25

Is there a setting anywhere to make trailers play in full screen automatically? Or do I always need to press down to start the trailer, then tab to switch to full screen?

- mobious - 2010-07-26

Hands down the best skin out there imo. Well done, I use XBMC live but I downloaded XBMC on my PC just to try this beast of a skin out. A few recommendations though, I use the wallpaper setup for my movies, and there is just TOO much empty real estate on the right side of the screen. More than enough space to add a logo for the company that produces the movie, IE universal etc, and also IMDB rating would be nice aswell. Think you can add that bit in later for the final release when 10.5 comes out?

Also although I figured it out, it would be very helpful if you add "min" infront of the minutes in the wallpaper view, a number thats above the year is sometimes confusing as at first I thought it was the rating for the movie, until I noticed some movies had a number way beyond 100 :p Anyways thats just my two cents. Great skin man!

Edit: wow I just looked over the gallery and on the wallpaper display it actually shows Hr and Min, yet mine only shows a number, is it due to the IMDB scraper? does it have to be used with TMDB to get that?

- mcborzu - 2010-07-26

mobious Wrote:Hands down the best skin out there imo. Well done, I use XBMC live but I downloaded XBMC on my PC just to try this beast of a skin out. A few recommendations though, I use the wallpaper setup for my movies, and there is just TOO much empty real estate on the right side of the screen. More than enough space to add a logo for the company that produces the movie, IE universal etc, and also IMDB rating would be nice aswell. Think you can add that bit in later for the final release when 10.5 comes out?

Also although I figured it out, it would be very helpful if you add "min" infront of the minutes in the wallpaper view, a number thats above the year is sometimes confusing as at first I thought it was the rating for the movie, until I noticed some movies had a number way beyond 100 :p Anyways thats just my two cents. Great skin man!

Edit: wow I just looked over the gallery and on the wallpaper display it actually shows Hr and Min, yet mine only shows a number, is it due to the IMDB scraper? does it have to be used with TMDB to get that?

Thx for the compliment...

1. Home screen is supposed to be simple/zune-ish influence. If you mean change up Recently added movies. Maybe, you never know...

2. On the time issue - 100 bucks you grabbed the pre-merge version, which wasn't supposed to have a addon.xml so this wouldn't happen, now removed. Either use the git link or the link to the XBMC-Passion site which links to a .zip of a 10.5 compatible version.

3. Or try out this for 10.5 support. I haven't tested yet but atelast one guy said it works:
Reginald Wrote:I created an add-on and repo for Night. If you are interested install this repo

- Select 'Install'

- mobious - 2010-07-26

mcborzu Wrote:Thx for the compliment...

1. Home screen is supposed to be simple/zune-ish influence. If you mean change up Recently added movies. Maybe, you never know...

Alright buddy ill look into the git thing. Also no I was not talking about the home screen, it looks great. I was talking about this.

By the minutes and such, there is plenty of room to add a studio logo, it would be a nice addition.

- pletopia - 2010-07-26

mobious Wrote:Alright buddy ill look into the git thing. Also no I was not talking about the home screen, it looks great. I was talking about this.

By the minutes and such, there is plenty of room to add a studio logo, it would be a nice addition.

i see what your saying .. only thing is it might look a bit out of place since none of the other views actually use studio flags

also, i used to run aeon so i had studio flags there, but honestly now that i don't have them in Night, i don't feel like i'm missing anything .. whether i will watch a movie or not is in no way influenced by the studio .. furthermore, if you look at your screenshot, i like the way the line with the time and the line with the year & rating are roughly the same length .. aesthetically it looks nice, if you stick another piece of info there, it might be not look so "equal"

what i would do think would be kewl for the view, to make it fit the rest of the views, is maybe make the plot textfield a bit shorter and put a trailer box below it (or above it) just like other have (hit x to play trailer)

- mobious - 2010-07-26

pletopia Wrote:i see what your saying .. only thing is it might look a bit out of place since none of the other views actually use studio flags

also, i used to run aeon so i had studio flags there, but honestly now that i don't have them in Night, i don't feel like i'm missing anything .. whether i will watch a movie or not is in no way influenced by the studio .. furthermore, if you look at your screenshot, i like the way the line with the time and the line with the year & rating are roughly the same length .. aesthetically it looks nice, if you stick another piece of info there, it might be not look so "equal"

what i would do think would be kewl for the view, to make it fit the rest of the views, is maybe make the plot textfield a bit shorter and put a trailer box below it (or above it) just like other have (hit x to play trailer)

Yeah I see what you mean, it probably would unbalance things. Well what about an IMDB rating then? that would be a good addition I think. Right under the year and MPAA rating. What do you think? Either way I can't stop saying this, but this is the best skin out there imo. Its TV section is what makes it most awesome. Movies with trailers, subs, everything easy to implement into and navigate. I cannot wait until the devs finally release a LIVE build so I can put this baby on my Acer Revo 3610.

- pletopia - 2010-07-26

yeah .. i know what you mean .. with the svn's being fuxored up .. i can't update my zotac mag for now Sad

i do see what you mean about the imdb rating .. maybe a star system like aeon used (5 stars = 10 imdb rating) .. i think that might fit nicely as either the 2 or 3rd line there .. also, i looked at Poster view (which i use also in the movie library, when there is a smaller list of movies) and with the info turned on its got a similar 2 line (time, year/rating) setup as the wall view and adding an imdb rating would look good there too i think

however, mcborzu, what do you think about adding a trailer thingie to the wall view??

- zwat - 2010-07-26

@mobious can't u just install regular ubuntu? i did that on a friends asrock.

- ToBe - 2010-07-26

jives00 Wrote:Is there a setting anywhere to make trailers play in full screen automatically? Or do I always need to press down to start the trailer, then tab to switch to full screen?

I agree. While full screen trailers are available from the info panel you only see a tiny trailer at the bottom. Could we make that a little bigger like 50% of the screen or so? I can see that fullscreen doesn't always make sense, e.g. when you have smaller trailers than PAL or such.

PS: Thanks for this great skin. It really looks great while maintaining excellent performance on my zbox.

- zwat - 2010-07-26

@mcborzu why don't u move Studios from extras to flagging and rename it to studio. then change the IncludesCodecFlagging.xml
Code:
    <include name="StudioFlaggingConditions">
        <control type="image">
            <description>Studio Image</description>
            <width>60</width>
            <height>33</height>
            <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
            <texture>$INFO[ListItem.Studio,flagging/studio/,.png]</texture>
        </control>
    </include>
so u can have studio flags in ur views.

- mcborzu - 2010-07-26

People can grab linux builds from HERE, not sure about live though...

Studio and IMDB flags
Not a big fan myself. To me they're not that important, not once I have chosen a movie based on either of those. To me time is most important because if I know I can only stay awake for like 90 or so minutes that helps me not choose any "Lord of the Rings' type epic movies. And I like year so I know how current a movie is...Thats my thought process atleast.

Maybe I'll put up a modded flags file like zwat suggested but don't know if I'll officially include it....

Trailer-WallView
Not technically possible, don't even think theres any easy workaround...

- variax - 2010-07-26

mcborzu Wrote:People can grab linux builds from HERE, not sure about live though...

Studio and IMDB flags
Not a big fan myself. To me they're not that important, not once I have chosen a movie based on either of those. To me time is most important because if I know I can only stay awake for like 90 or so minutes that helps me not choose any "Lord of the Rings' type epic movies. And I like year so I know how current a movie is...Thats my thought process atleast.

Maybe I'll put up a modded flags file like zwat suggested but don't know if I'll officially include it....

Trailer-WallView
Not technically possible, don't even think theres any easy workaround...

Looks like Transparency has a way of showing a larger non full screen trailer. Sure he is doing it totally different but it is cool to have it a little larger. Night is an AWESOME skin either way. Thanks for all the effort!!