Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- mcborzu - 2010-08-04

buzz_kill Wrote:If you are using Redd's Poster view mod then dont update to the latest github build. for what ever reason it causes the 2 views to overlap

The only thing I really done in past 7-10 days was I swapped "Poster" and "Files" views id's...thats probably it, if anything.

- Ram2000 - 2010-08-04

Could anyone point me in the right direction regarding adding another view rather then having to overwrite the original one ?
Ive tried adding one to Includes.xml and changing the Ids but still cant get the extra view to show up :-(

- zwat - 2010-08-04

mcborzu: u have added settings on enable\disable posterplus. not sure when u did that.

- eckstheory - 2010-08-04

Ram2000 Wrote:Could anyone point me in the right direction regarding adding another view rather then having to overwrite the original one ?
Ive tried adding one to Includes.xml and changing the Ids but still cant get the extra view to show up :-(

did you add the id to myvideonav.xml aswell?

- mcborzu - 2010-08-04

@Ram2000

1. create a new .xml - Viewtype_foo.xml
1a. Change or add a include line at top: <include name="Viewtype_foo">
1b. Make sure it has a unique id for the list <control type="fixedlist" id="597">

2. Added the .xml, Viewtype_foo.xml, to top of Includes.xml
3. Add the Include, usually underneath the fanart coding in MyVideoNav.xml - <include>Viewtype_foo</include>

3. Depends on the skin but you might need to add it to the <views> tag at top of MyVideoNav.xml - <views>50,55,58,597</views>

- Ram2000 - 2010-08-04

mcborzu Wrote:@Ram2000

1. create a new .xml - Viewtype_foo.xml
1a. Change or add a include line at top: <include name="Viewtype_foo">
1b. Make sure it has a unique id for the list <control type="fixedlist" id="597">

2. Added the .xml, Viewtype_foo.xml, to top of Includes.xml
3. Add the Include, usually underneath the fanart coding in MyVideoNav.xml - <include>Viewtype_foo</include>

3. Depends on the skin but you might need to add it to the <views> tag at top of MyVideoNav.xml - <views>50,55,58,597</views>

Thats GREAT thankyou very much...

- zwat - 2010-08-04

easier to just change an existing viewtype then. tnx for info thought of asking same question myself.

- zwat - 2010-08-06

doh asked i question that already was answered. i'm getting blind or sumtin

- mcborzu - 2010-08-07

Update 8/4/2010
-Removed the 'new recently added' thing I was trying out
-fixed Titles sliding 10px if "watched" was turned off (Files and WallPanel)
-Centered the Season (x) label under logo when on Season level
-Might switch from rounded corners to regular box look on 3d views

**Only Git was updated***

Thinking about switching to regular box look on the 3d view. I still have to adjust the side cover if I do switch. Thought I'd get some opinions before I do all that tedious work.

**Couple Notes**
I do love that recently added thing I was doing on TV level but I noticed it was occasionally causing some sluggishly window transitions and thats not acceptable. I still might keep it as a personal mod if anyone wants.

A couple people asked for video now playing to play as fullscreen fanart. I looked into it but it got a little too complicated with trailer windows and what not. So I don't think I will do it...

- ppic - 2010-08-07

mcborzu Wrote:I do love that recently added thing I was doing on TV level but I noticed it was occasionally causing some sluggishly window transitions and thats not acceptable. I still might keep it as a personal mod if anyone wants.
maybe a debug log can help to find what's causing this?

- Graphicsgod - 2010-08-07

mcborzu Wrote:Update 8/4/2010
-Removed the 'new recently added' thing I was trying out
-fixed Titles sliding 10px if "watched" was turned off (Files and WallPanel)
-Centered the Season (x) label under logo when on Season level
-Might switch from rounded corners to regular box look on 3d views

**Only Git was updated***

Thinking about switching to regular box look on the 3d view. I still have to adjust the side cover if I do switch. Thought I'd get some opinions before I do all that tedious work.

**Couple Notes**
I do love that recently added thing I was doing on TV level but I noticed it was occasionally causing some sluggishly window transitions and thats not acceptable. I still might keep it as a personal mod if anyone wants.

A couple people asked for video now playing to play as fullscreen fanart. I looked into it but it got a little too complicated with trailer windows and what not. So I don't think I will do it...

I like the rounded corners myself,.. and I say keep it! If anything make a "Blue" version for blurays and maybe a "Red" ver. for HD DVDs. I remember seeing another skin with this effect and it made it much easier to distinguish the Blurays from the lower quality videos. When in a hurry Wink.

Also still can't wait for "CD" cases artwork instead of the same DVD art used for the music (I know you said it matches the movies section, but it really looks out of place to me) Big Grin! I'll help if you need it, I just can't code for sh!t anymore Sad.

BTW, I was trying to create a custom playlist for music videos under the music category, but couldn't get it to work. I followed the tut. on the youtube page for HD movies, and it worked like a charm (thanks for doing that BTW!!), but I couldn't replicate it for creating music videos.. Any tips for getting that to work? Thanks for any help!!

- Oddsodz - 2010-08-07

mcborzu Wrote:Thinking about switching to regular box look on the 3d view. I still have to adjust the side cover if I do switch. Thought I'd get some opinions before I do all that tedious work.

**Couple Notes**

I Am not sure. I Like the rounded corners also. But I know that some do not and don't like text missing from edges.

Also somebody said something about "blu-ray" = Blue and "HD-DVD" = Red. Best way I have seen it done is in "Shade". They have 1080p content show up with blu-ray logos and when something is 720p it shows up with a red HD-DVD style logo. I Liked it.

- Ram2000 - 2010-08-07

One solution would be a bluray Overlay that way the folder can remain square so not to cut off any text yet the overlay could be rounded.
This is what i had going in showmix

- Danielocean - 2010-08-07

thats true, but the coversize dont fit to the typical BD-case... its to high and looks not right...

i loke also the rounded corners, but i also hate to lost any cover information... the new round corners with smaller radius is the best compromise...

- mcborzu - 2010-08-07

Yea I think I like the rounded corners better also, couldn't tell if it was just my eyes not adjusting to it though...

@Graphicsgod

Did you specify "music videos" at the top. Other than that I read that there was some trouble with infolabels and music videos. But that was like a month ago no clue if it's fixed?