Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- JDizzy - 2010-08-07

I am running the current SVN for OSX.
I am not using the git function.
Which version of Night do I download?? The 10.5?
(I am running older version at the moment).

- zwat - 2010-08-07

git is for 10.5
dl link is pre 10.5

- JDizzy - 2010-08-07

zwat Wrote:git is for 10.5
dl link is pre 10.5

I think there is dl link for 10.5 version but still not sure what 10.5 is??
Is it version of XBMC?
I'm confused..... (as usual)
:o

- smilenkovski - 2010-08-07

JDizzy Wrote:I think there is dl link for 10.5 version but still not sure what 10.5 is??
Is it version of XBMC?
I'm confused..... (as usual)
:o

I'm using Night on OSX and the easyiest way to stay up to date is to install git from here (use last edition: git-1.7.2-intel-leopard.dmg). Afetr installing git open terminal, type cd (space) then drag the folder addons from
User/You user Name/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/
Enter
and paste this into terminal :
git clone git://github.com/bartowski/skin.night.git
After a while you will have a copy of Night in addons dir.
Now you can update Night skin by typing git pull in terminal after you are in the addons dir.
In case of merge error while updating type: git stash
then repeat: git pull.

- zilexa - 2010-08-08

Had to start all over again, new video database.
Now there is a new "Settings" menu in the window where you select the type of content (and scraper, for tvshows there is only one by default, tvdb).

There is an option "prefer posters". Is this option recommended for your skin? Any other tips for someone who starts fresh?

- zwat - 2010-08-08

u need to go in setting -->addons to install other scrapers.

- mcborzu - 2010-08-08

zilexa Wrote:Had to start all over again, new video database.
Now there is a new "Settings" menu in the window where you select the type of content (and scraper, for tvshows there is only one by default, tvdb).

There is an option "prefer posters". Is this option recommended for your skin? Any other tips for someone who starts fresh?

There are banner views but Poster or Landscape look best...

- zilexa - 2010-08-08

mcborzu you always reply soo fast Smile
Thanks I'll set it to posters.

@zwat don't think I need a different scraper for tvshows... haven't found any trouble with tvdb.

- zwat - 2010-08-08

ohh since u said u only had one i thought i wanted others Big Grin

- zilexa - 2010-08-08

Actually if you happen to know a good scraper for bollywood movies Smile I know IMDB has some but in most cases there is no fanart.

Now that all settings are set and videolibrary has been build and both have been backed up, going to get Night from Github...

(2)
ByTheWaay:
Quote:To update Night:
Code:
cd "/c/Program Files/XBMC/addons/"
press "Enter"
git clone git://github.com/bartowski/skin.night.git

For people running XBMC (on Windows) in portable mode, is the above correct or should it be:
Code:
cd "C:\Program Files\XBMC\portable_data\addons
I only use portable mode. But I have both folders and I checked the default skin, it is located in XBMC\addons.

(3)
What do great Skin Designers have to do to get their skin in XBMC's Addons repository so that I can simply download your skin from Addon Manager within XBMC + get streamlined silent updates (I see popups sometimes that some addons have been updated).

- mcborzu - 2010-08-08

zilexa Wrote:(3)
What do great Skin Designers have to do to get their skin in XBMC's Addons repository so that I can simply download your skin from Addon Manager within XBMC + get streamlined silent updates (I see popups sometimes that some addons have been updated).

Technically I waiting for the logo script to be officially added. But I'm in no rush as there are a few things I'd like to touch up. If it takes ppic a week that fine for me as I can take my time then...

- Graphicsgod - 2010-08-08

zilexa Wrote:(2)
ByTheWaay:

For people running XBMC (on Windows) in portable mode, is the above correct or should it be:
Code:
cd "C:\Program Files\XBMC\portable_data\addons
I only use portable mode. But I have both folders and I checked the default skin, it is located in XBMC\addons.

For me it's:
Code:
C:/progra~2/
Since I have a 64bit OS. For 32bit windows it would be:
Code:
C:/progra~1/

- Graphicsgod - 2010-08-08

mcborzu Wrote:@Graphicsgod

Did you specify "music videos" at the top. Other than that I read that there was some trouble with infolabels and music videos. But that was like a month ago no clue if it's fixed?

Yeah I did that, but it wouldn't let me choose the directory for the music videos. It would only let me choose the music directory. And if I can't tell it where the videos are, then it wont work.

Here is my external drives setup:

Code:
G:/Backup Drive
           |
           L_ /Movies
           |
           L_ /Music Videos
           |
           L_ /Music

What are the proper settings to set it up. As of now, I have to jump through a lot of hoops to get to that directory. I even setup a favourite for that directory as a second option, but when I try to add it via the settings, it doesn't show up.

- zwat - 2010-08-08

i'm a huge musicvideo fan myself, but adding them to the library is as useless as getting xbmc making me dinner. so my question is what folder\filename structure do u use and whet scraper?

and what about mdvdr? i don't think i ever have tried to scrape that.

- zilexa - 2010-08-08

In wich skin xml file can I edit the rss feeds? In my rssfeeds.xml I have 3 sets, currently I only see one so I'd like to add the rest.