Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- pletopia - 2010-08-17

i'm sorry .. but without fanart this skin (and aeon before it) are just pointless imho

- mcborzu - 2010-08-17

Update 8/16/2010
-Fix logo button error
-Season/Episode not longer show when pressing "I" playing video in Files mode
-License.txt now LICENSE.txt

Git's up to date, addon manager should be current relativity soon...

- JDizzy - 2010-08-17

What is 'Movie Set'?
It keeps popping up at bottom of screen....
Is there a way to disable it?

And I still can't figure why, oh why the logo downloader sees my logo.png files, but XBMC can't seem to....ahhhh
(just venting....)

- User 55003 - 2010-08-17

JDizzy Wrote:What is 'Movie Set'?

That's the movieset label from file mode view, small bug Wink
you can disable it with a dirty hack, just delete the movieset label from Viewtype_Files.xml, lines 336 to 347..

- zwat - 2010-08-17

JDizzy Wrote:What is 'Movie Set'?

And I still can't figure why, oh why the logo downloader sees my logo.png files, but XBMC can't seem to....ahhhh
(just venting....)

what os? win7 and vista (i guess) use texture.db. search and destroy and u probably see your logos again.

movieset is are a way of sorting movies according to what order they come out. like die hard, die harder, die hard with a vengeance and die hard 4.
movieset would sort them in that order while original sorting would be die hard, die hard 4, die harder and die hard with a vengeance.
this only works if you use .nfo files.

- Riderzzz - 2010-08-17

mcborzu Wrote:I'm surprised you had trouble. Is it just playback when there is trouble? Can you play HD material fine in any other skins?

I think you would get more benefit, in this skin and others, if you looked into the DDS fanart option or any other ATV suggestions I see floating around the forums. If you haven't looked into or are using it already.

But yea it's a simple button and I'll put it an option to disable fanart...

Actually it's in all the skins i've tried so far, except the standard confluence skin.

I like "night" the best with the looks, and my opinion is the fanart is not a must in a skin. I like when a skin (like night) has all the info but still looks clean.

I will try the dds fanart option (didnt wanna jump in it yet, because it was in development if i am correctly)

Thanks for the reply, i will let you know how it go's for the appletv user with night and dds enabled Smile

- JDizzy - 2010-08-17

Steveb Wrote:That's the movieset label from file mode view, small bug Wink
you can disable it with a dirty hack, just delete the movieset label from Viewtype_Files.xml, lines 336 to 347..

Seems to have done the trick deleting those lines.

Regarding logos not showing, the only texture file I found was one in the skin.confluence folder. I am running AppleTV OSX.
Funny I can choose the logo.png file as a thumb and it shows up, but when I tell it to choose logo file (through context menu), it says logo not found (even though it just found it using thumb criteria... go figure).
Oh well, with so many views in Night, I can use banners instead.

- nickkarstedt - 2010-08-18

I LOVE the Slide view but I have a large collection and need a scrollbar, perhaps pressing up? (Double tap for view options)

- User 55003 - 2010-08-18

Congrats on becoming a offical addon, nice work, I bet you learned a shit load..
Goodonya, get ready for alot more traffic Nod

- mcborzu - 2010-08-18

Steveb Wrote:Congrats on becoming a offical addon, nice work, I bet you learned a shit load..
Goodonya, get ready for alot more traffic Nod

Thx, you bet...Half the skin I was learning/guessing, towards the middle of the project I pretty much knew what I was doingBig Grin

On a side note while 2x checking stuff I replaced all the ff67ffff, that main tealish color, with mainblue. So if anyone would want to change it just go into colors/default folder and change the value of mainblue.

- Riderzzz - 2010-08-18

Hi McBorzu,

I tried the dds thing, and i have to say that it is a great great achievement in the skin (loading the fanart). Its almost instant.

But still my hd-movies stutters once in a while, and this compared to confluence and the fanart off then it is a big difference.

You dont have to make directly a button in the skin for my sake. But is it possible to cross something out in the code so the fanart will not be loaded? Then i can see if it is actually the fanart what makes my playback stutter.

I hope i can fix it with this, because i like this skin the best. otherwise its back to standard confluence (also not bad, but just not that good Wink)

Thanls for the help!

- kschreiber7 - 2010-08-18

mcborzu Wrote:Update 8/14/2010
-Addon.xml is updated with correct dependencies
-Logo button via Video Info screen reactivated
-added "Movieset" label to all views
-Changed Home weather widget to read left to right
-Changed the Showcase view for Picture section
-Fixed Horizontal Home always focused on "Movies" not on last window selection

My weather widget still reads right to left. Is there something I need to do to make this work left to right?

- User 55003 - 2010-08-18

mcborzu Wrote:Thx, you bet...Half the skin I was learning/guessing, towards the middle of the project I pretty much knew what I was doingBig Grin

Well Deserved.. Top Job, there is only 1 way 2 learn Big Grin.. and that's get your feet wet.. Great skin..

- smilenkovski - 2010-08-18

Probably not so many users using cyrillic rss feeds but I do. So, please, change the font used by rss feeds or tell me where I can change it to get cyrillic support.
Thanks
p.s.
Cyrillic works in other skins.

- mcborzu - 2010-08-18

kschreiber7 Wrote:My weather widget still reads right to left. Is there something I need to do to make this work left to right?

OK I just saw what I did, it's correct on Vertical Home, but I forgot to adjust Horizontal Home....

smilenkovski Wrote:Probably not so many users using cyrillic rss feeds but I do. So, please, change the font used by rss feeds or tell me where I can change it to get cyrillic support.
Thanks
p.s.
Cyrillic works in other skins.

Next couple days I'm going to take a peek into seeing if using PM3D and Confluence fonts will work well....