Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- sonic00 - 2010-08-23

mcborzu Wrote:-Added "Genre Fanart" option - Settings->Skin->Movie/TV

Meant to say:

-Added "Season Fanart" option - Settings->Skin->Movie/TV
And how does it work?

New Sounds set for Night skin. - smilenkovski - 2010-08-23

Hi to all Night users.
I've made a new set of sounds for Night skin, I think more appropriate for Night atmosphere. This is only the beginning. I'll continue developing sets of sounds for XBMC. I think that Media Center like XBMC is very good ground for developing audio background because of very high level of visual achievement through skins.
Download from here ,unzip and replace your sound directory in Night skin dir.
This version is a bit baroque with pizzicato violins, sounds maybe to heavy and slow down interface a bit, but I like it. Only the "select" trigger doesn't work (I can't figure why).
The sound story on XBMC have great potential if someone of the developers tells me how many triggers I can use? Is it skin related or core app? How and when I can use surround sounds? Is there any wiki on sound formats?
Can you imagine browsing library by genres with appropriate sound? It can be fun. And maybe it will provoke many XBMC audio oriented users to contribute..
So, guys, please try these sound, I'm looking forward your commentaries.

- mcborzu - 2010-08-23

sonic00 Wrote:And how does it work?

I think 'extrafanart' is a cooler option but Season Fanart works by placing a fanart.jpg in each season's folder. Thus when browsing episode level that season can have a specific Fanart assigned to it...

- Oddsodz - 2010-08-23

smilenkovski Wrote:How and when I can use surround sounds?
Can you imagine browsing library by genres with appropriate sound?

I Think that I might just have a eargasim if that was possible. Oh wow. What a great idea.

- zwat - 2010-08-23

hmm never heard the night sounds. i don't like sounds for movement or keypress on anything.

- mcborzu - 2010-08-23

zwat Wrote:hmm never heard the night sounds. i don't like sounds for movement or keypress on anything.

It's real tough to get a unbiased opinion, for me, as I've listened to the sounds I've had for 9 months now and you guys have been listening for 3 months. It's a real shock to hear something different. They are very sweet, especially the window/dialog open and close sounds. I'll atleast keep them for a day or two and let it sink in...

@smilenkovski

You probably get a response from the devs on those questions by making a post skin development forum...

- zwat - 2010-08-23

just listened to them, original and smilenkovski's. not sure what i liked best, but i would go mental if i had to have em on.
one question tho; when is hammertime used? Big Grin

- mcborzu - 2010-08-23

zwat Wrote:one question tho; when is hammertime used? Big Grin

lol, thats pretty funny...Thats been in there from the beginning. When I first searched for sounds that hammertime.wav came up and I put it in just for fun.Laugh Forgot, or never noticed, since...

It's not mapped to anything right now, I think I put in for "Go back" when playing with it...

- zwat - 2010-08-23

should put it as sound for when u start playing something Big Grin

- Flomaster - 2010-08-23

question some times pressing the down arrow does not start my trailer, but if I press info > trailer it plays. I have a couple trailers this happens to. these are stored on my hard drive and not being streamed

-=Jason=-

- mcborzu - 2010-08-23

BTW...

I quickly updated git with "MovieSet" fix and correct wording on "Season Fanart" option....

- xnef1025 - 2010-08-23

Flomaster Wrote:question some times pressing the down arrow does not start my trailer, but if I press info > trailer it plays. I have a couple trailers this happens to. these are stored on my hard drive and not being streamed

-=Jason=-
I've had this happen too. Were the trailers there when you scanned the movies into the library, or did you move the trailers into the directories after the fact? Mine were all ones that I'd moved in after I'd loaded my movies into the library. The option should show up if you play the trailer from the info screen, refresh the movie, or change any of the art... at least, that's what's been working around it for me. If the trailer was in the directory when I scanned the movie in, the down arrow option works right away.

- Flomaster - 2010-08-23

xnef1025 Wrote:I've had this happen too. Were the trailers there when you scanned the movies into the library, or did you move the trailers into the directories after the fact? Mine were all ones that I'd moved in after I'd loaded my movies into the library. The option should show up if you play the trailer from the info screen, refresh the movie, or change any of the art... at least, that's what's been working around it for me. If the trailer was in the directory when I scanned the movie in, the down arrow option works right away.

I shall try and refresh the movie, however I do think I tried that option but it can't hurt to try again

trailers have been added after my movie was scanned into the library

-=Jason=-

- avus m3 - 2010-08-23

Can we have a dedicated trailer folder? I think I would prefer that instead of dumped into the movie directory. It would be beneficial when working with other programs.

- 1slimm31 - 2010-08-24

has there been a change to the logo script? when trying to launch it now it does not respond. I am using the latest git version and xbmc svn-33038.