Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- mcborzu - 2010-08-24

1slimm31 Wrote:has there been a change to the logo script? when trying to launch it now it does not respond. I am using the latest git version and xbmc svn-33038.

Yes I haven't officially change the code for the new script...

- Oddsodz - 2010-08-24

avus m3 Wrote:Can we have a dedicated trailer folder? I think I would prefer that instead of dumped into the movie directory. It would be beneficial when working with other programs.

Make your own and add is as a video source. I Did that when I wanted to see what the "AMT II" add-on was.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33693

Really simple.

- Graphicsgod - 2010-08-24

smilenkovski Wrote:Hi to all Night users.
I've made a new set of sounds for Night skin, I think more appropriate for Night atmosphere. This is only the beginning. I'll continue developing sets of sounds for XBMC. I think that Media Center like XBMC is very good ground for developing audio background because of very high level of visual achievement through skins.
Download from here ,unzip and replace your sound directory in Night skin dir.
This version is a bit baroque with pizzicato violins, sounds maybe to heavy and slow down interface a bit, but I like it. Only the "select" trigger doesn't work (I can't figure why).
The sound story on XBMC have great potential if someone of the developers tells me how many triggers I can use? Is it skin related or core app? How and when I can use surround sounds? Is there any wiki on sound formats?
Can you imagine browsing library by genres with appropriate sound? It can be fun. And maybe it will provoke many XBMC audio oriented users to contribute..
So, guys, please try these sound, I'm looking forward your commentaries.

Sorry not a fan, started to get on my nerves after a few min. and had to go back to the default night sounds. But thanks for sharing!

Request - butchabay - 2010-08-24

Yo there,
this Skin is really a masterpiece, so congratulations.
My question: is there a possibility to add a Fallback Slideshow Background in every section? For example the Music File View is really boring with the "Curtains" default image in the Background, so it would be nice to see the Multi Images selected, (in this case) Music Backdrops sliding.
So the same for Pictures and Customized Items.
The only skin i've seen that offers these Options is Aeon.

What do you think?

- Danielocean - 2010-08-24

the slideshow works on library mode for movies & tv shows with the extrafanart folder... for me its really great... and after a few days testing i think its also much better than season fanart ore things like that...

i want to have this also in the music & picture section... and maybe also with the ken burns effect like on home screen...

@ butchabay...
you said that it is boring in the file view... do you really work in this view? not in library mode?! im note sure if it is possible to build in in the file view... but normally you dont need that... next step is to have the slideshow on music, but i could imagine that this is not easy, cause where to put the extrafanart folder, on each artist folder?! has everyone this structure on his database music database\artist\album\songs(files)?!
for me it would works... and i would be extremely happy with that...
and on picture section, there is no library mode, only file mode, so the only chance is to put the extrafanart folder in each picture folder...

this would make me happy... put it is possible?! or mcborzu want to install this?!

- butchabay - 2010-08-24

[quote=Danielocean]the slideshow works on library mode for movies & tv shows with the extrafanart folder... for me its really great... and after a few days testing i think its also much better than season fanart ore things like that...

i want to have this also in the music & picture section... and maybe also with the ken burns effect like on home screen...

@ butchabay...
you said that it is boring in the file view... do you really work in this view? not in library mode?! im note sure if it is possible to build in in the file view... but normally you dont need that... next step is to have the slideshow on music, but i could imagine that this is not easy, cause where to put the extrafanart folder, on each artist folder?! has everyone this structure on his database music database\artist\album\songs(files)?!
for me it would works... and i would be extremely happy with that...
and on picture section, there is no library mode, only file mode, so the only chance is to put the extrafanart folder in each picture folder...

this would make me happy... put it is possible?! or mcborzu want to install this?![/QUOTE

Yes i work in File View for Music sometimes, and the same in Picture and all the customized Items, for example Games. The Idea is to take the Backdrops, from the same Folder were the Backdrops are selected for Home Menu.

Play Disc - cracksloth - 2010-08-24

first, thanks for the amazing skin!!! i am simply amazed! one small issue with my current setup: please consider adding an option in the skin to hide "Play Disc" - it interferes with my kiosk as i have a separate BD player.

- Danielocean - 2010-08-24

butchabay Wrote:...The Idea is to take the Backdrops, from the same Folder were the Backdrops are selected for Home Menu.
do i understand you right, that you want to have in each section the home background (with random cycling & maybe ken burns) as default?! if there is no fitting fanart/background/extrafanart folder, then it takes the setting from home for this section...

oh... i think thats an very good idea...!

- butchabay - 2010-08-24

Danielocean Wrote:do i understand you right, that you want to have in each section the home background (with random cycling & maybe ken burns) as default?! if there is no fitting fanart/background/extrafanart folder, then it takes the setting from home for this section...

oh... i think thats an very good idea...!

You got it mate Nod

I think in Aeon it's the Includes_Backgrounds.xml

This is just what i think, i am not a skinner so maybe i could be wrong.

<include name="BackgroundVarsMusic">
<icon>special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_music/</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomMusic)]</thumb>
<imagepath fallback="special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_music/">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomMusic)]</imagepath>
</include>

<include name="BackgroundVarsGames">
<icon>special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_games/</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomGames)]</thumb>
<imagepath fallback="special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_games/">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomGames)]</imagepath>
</include>

<include name="BackgroundVarsPictures">
<icon>special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_pictures/</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomPictures)]</thumb>
<imagepath fallback="special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_pictures/">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomPictures)]</imagepath>
</include>

<include name="BackgroundVarsMovies">
<icon>special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_movies/</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomMovies)]</thumb>
<imagepath fallback="special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_movies/">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomMovies)]</imagepath>
</include>

<include name="BackgroundVarsTrailers">
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomTrailers)]</thumb>
<imagepath fallback="special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_movies/">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomTrailers)]</imagepath>
</include>

<include name="BackgroundVarsTV">
<icon>special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_tvshows/</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomTV)]</thumb>
<imagepath fallback="special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_tvshows/">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomTV)]</imagepath>
</include>

<include name="BackgroundVarsVideo">
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomVideos)]</thumb>
<imagepath fallback="special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_movies/">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomVideos)]</imagepath>
</include>

<include name="BackgroundVarsSettings">
<icon>special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_settings/</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSettings)]</thumb>
<imagepath fallback="special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_settings/">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSettings)]</imagepath>
</include>

<include name="BackgroundVarsScripts">
<icon>special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_scripts/</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomScripts)]</thumb>
<imagepath fallback="special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_scripts/">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomScripts)]</imagepath>
</include>

<include name="BackgroundVarsFavourites">
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourites)]</thumb>
<imagepath fallback="special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_movies/">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFavourites)]</imagepath>
</include>

<include name="BackgroundVarsPlayDVD">
<icon>special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_dvd/</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomPlayDVD)]</thumb>
<imagepath fallback="special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_dvd/">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomPlayDVD)]</imagepath>
</include>

<include name="BackgroundVarsSignOut">
<icon>special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_power/</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSignOut)]</thumb>
<imagepath fallback="special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_power/">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomSignOut)]</imagepath>
</include>

<include name="BackgroundVarsShutdown">
<icon>special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_power/</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomShutdown)]</thumb>
<imagepath fallback="special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_power/">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomShutdown)]</imagepath>

</include>
<include name="BackgroundVarsAddons">
<icon>special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_addons/</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomAddons)]</thumb>
<imagepath fallback="special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_addons/">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomAddons)]</imagepath>
</include>

<include name="BackgroundVarsFileManager">
<icon>special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_filemanager/</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFileManager)]</thumb>
<imagepath fallback="special://skin/extras/backdrops/default_filemanager/">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomFileManager)]</imagepath>
</include>

<include name="BackgroundVarsWeatherSpring">
<icon>special://skin/extras/backdrops/spring/spring.png</icon>
<imagepath background="true">special://skin/extras/backdrops/spring/spring.png</imagepath>
</include>

<include name="BackgroundVarsWeatherSummer">
<icon>special://skin/extras/backdrops/summer/summer.png</icon>
<imagepath background="true">special://skin/extras/backdrops/summer/summer.png</imagepath>
</include>

<include name="BackgroundVarsWeatherWinter">
<icon>special://skin/extras/backdrops/winter/winter.png</icon>
<imagepath background="true">special://skin/extras/backdrops/winter/winter.png</imagepath>
</include>

<include name="BackgroundVarsWeatherAutumn">
<icon>special://skin/extras/backdrops/autumn/autumn.png</icon>
<imagepath background="true">special://skin/extras/backdrops/autumn/autumn.png</imagepath>
</include>

<include name="BackgroundVarsWeather">
<include condition="System.Date(03-21,06-21)">BackgroundVarsWeatherSpring</include>
<include condition="System.Date(06-21,09-23)">BackgroundVarsWeatherSummer</include>
<include condition="System.Date(12-21,03-21)">BackgroundVarsWeatherWinter</include>
<include condition="System.Date(09-23,12-21)">BackgroundVarsWeatherAutumn</include>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomWeather)]</thumb>
</include>

<include name="MediaBackdropsMovies">
<control type="multiimage">
<include>BackgroundVarsGlobal</include>
<include>BackgroundVarsMovies</include>
</control>
</include>

<include name="MediaBackdropsTV">
<include>BackgroundVarsGlobal</include>
<include>BackgroundVarsTV</include>
</control>
</include>

<include name="CurtainsBackdrop">
<include>FullscreenDimensions</include>
<timeperimage>20000</timeperimage>
<randomize>true</randomize>
<fadetime>1000</fadetime>
<visible>
[Skin.HasSetting(moviecurtains) + Container.Content(movies)] |
[Skin.HasSetting(tvcurtains) + Window.IsActive(videolibrary) + Container.Content(tvshows)] |
[Skin.HasSetting(tvseasonscurtains) + Window.IsActive(videolibrary) + Container.Content(seasons)] |
[Skin.HasSetting(tvepisodescurtains) + Window.IsActive(videolibrary) + Container.Content(episodes)] |
[Skin.HasSetting(musiccurtains) + Window.IsActive(musiclibrary)]
</visible>
<include>Animation_BackgroundFade</include>
<icon>special://skin/extras/backdrops/multiplex/curtains.png</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomCurtains)]</thumb>
<imagepath background="true">special://skin/extras/backdrops/multiplex/curtains.png</imagepath>
<info>Skin.String(CustomCurtains)</info>
</control>
</include>
</includes>

- mcborzu - 2010-08-24

butchabay Wrote:Yo there,
My question: is there a possibility to add a Fallback Slideshow Background in every section? For example the Music File View is really boring with the "Curtains" default image in the Background, so it would be nice to see the Multi Images selected, (in this case) Music Backdrops sliding.

What do you think?

Thats a pretty smart idea, I rarely venture into "Files" mode so I never even noticed/thought about this in Aeon or any other skin....

Extarfanart in music library section?
I'll 2x check but I believe I tried but ListItem.Path, what you need for it to work, didn't work in Artist or Album level. There was some level where it didn't work. I'll try again....

- Oddsodz - 2010-08-24

butchabay Wrote:Yo there,

What do you think?

I Think that is what is done in the "Rapier Qualar Mod" skin (you can tell I use to love that skin). If there was no fanart for what ever you was looking it. It defaulted to what ever you had setup in the background skin settings. IE "Multi Image" with 1gb folder of 1080p images of lots of nice looking girlys wearing not much.

- butchabay - 2010-08-24

Oddsodz Wrote:I Think that is what is done in the "Rapier Qualar Mod" skin (you can tell I use to love that skin). If there was no fanart for what ever you was looking it. It defaulted to what ever you had setup in the background skin settings. IE "Multi Image" with 1gb folder of 1080p images of lots of nice looking girlys wearing not much.

Anyway, it would be cool to have this in the NIGHT Skin ...

Thanx

- zwat - 2010-08-24

would be nice to have multifanart to every movie. fallback to what the scraper dl to cache or what u manually put in movie folder and randomly changed images. however it should use images u either had in extrafanart folder or something that is available online. i rather waste bw than harddrive space on fanarts. and i don't use media manager software.

- Flomaster - 2010-08-24

so I used the script found on post number http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=554603&postcount=492

I now have extra fanart for my tv series, I was wondering if this extra fanart applies to movies as well and if there is an extra option to enable the extra fanart.

I am at work so I can't test anything out but I was just wondering for when I get home

-=Jason=-

- GJones - 2010-08-24

avus m3 Wrote:Can we have a dedicated trailer folder? I think I would prefer that instead of dumped into the movie directory. It would be beneficial when working with other programs.

First, trailer location is an XBMC question, not a skin question.

If you are running linux it is fairly simple to keep links to all of your trailers in one folder. This means no duplication of storage and allows you to reference them in one place. I have a process that builds links of trailers and fanart into a folder for each. Then there is always a single folder that has a list of all trailers for movies actually on the server (separate from the folder that has the list of new trailers for movies not yet on the server).

If you are on Windows, you are stuck with a much less useful way to link files, significantly weaker scripting options and no built-in schedule.