Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- mcborzu - 2010-08-24

Flomaster Wrote:so I used the script found on post number http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=554603&postcount=492

I now have extra fanart for my tv series, I was wondering if this extra fanart applies to movies as well and if there is an extra option to enable the extra fanart.

I am at work so I can't test anything out but I was just wondering for when I get home

-=Jason=-

Yes applies to Movies as well, it gets more attention on TV level since there is 3 levels of TV section(TV, season, episode) but it'll work well for the popular Movies like Dark Knight, Transformers, etc. that have a ton of fanart to choose from.

- zilexa - 2010-08-24

Is it somehow possible to hide the plot for TV Shows but show them for Movies?
To decide what movie to watch, it's good to read the plot summary a little.
But for TV Shows it's only good if you are looking for a specific episode otherwise it's just spoiling the fun.

- mcborzu - 2010-08-25

Update 8/24/2010
-Random backdrops for Video and Music Files section - same as ones that you set on Home
-Option to disable "Play Disc" on Home
-Updated Logo script code

**only git updated**

- Flomaster - 2010-08-25

using live... i know I can do a git pull and get this newest skin, but how do i go about applying it over my current skin

do I just do it via the addons install from zip?

-=Jason=-

EDit: looks like it wasn't zipped up I ended up with a folder called skin.night

halp plz

- mcborzu - 2010-08-25

Flomaster Wrote:using live... i know I can do a git pull and get this newest skin, but how do i go about applying it over my current skin

do I just do it via the addons install from zip?

-=Jason=-

EDit: looks like it wasn't zipped up I ended up with a folder called skin.night

halp plz

You can delete the old skin.night and put the new git skin.night version in it's place. You wouldn't lose anything as all the setting are referencing skin.night, the same name...

Or you could play it safe and wait 2-3 weeks till I submit a newer version to the main addon repo...

- Flomaster - 2010-08-25

I just copied skin.night from /home/xbmc/skin.night/ to /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/

it worked just fine as far as I know

-=Jason=-

- JDizzy - 2010-08-25

Question regarding the extrafanart.

If you enable it, if there is a movie that does not have the extrafanart folder, will it default back the the fanart.jpg that is in the movie folder?

- Danielocean - 2010-08-25

yes.... it does....

other question in this direction: do you need the fanart.jpg if you enable the extrafanart?! i scrape with ember, so the fanart.jpg is also in the extrafanart folder... so i have it twice... not that big problem... only good to know...

- sonic00 - 2010-08-25

mcborzu Wrote:Update 8/24/2010
-Updated Logo script code
Does it work by anyone? I added some new Shows, but get no Logos with the Script.

- mcborzu - 2010-08-25

sonic00 Wrote:Does it work by anyone? I added some new Shows, but get no Logos with the Script.

The next repo update will take care of this, until then the logo script can be dowloaded here....

New sets of sounds for Night skin - smilenkovski - 2010-08-25

Hi Night users. After using the sound sets for a Night skin for a few days, I've made some modifications. I've made all sound quieter, less annoying. Then I've made few versions :
Night Pizzicato Low
Is the pizzicato set but much quieter.
Human XBMC Sounds
Is complete new set based on human voices.
And
Pizzicato short
based on pizzicato but faster interface response.
Looking forward for commentaries.

- isamu.dragon - 2010-08-25

sonic00 Wrote:Does it work by anyone? I added some new Shows, but get no Logos with the Script.

Works perfect now with latest Git.

- avus m3 - 2010-08-25

smilenkovski Wrote:Hi Night users. After using the sound sets for a Night skin for a few days, I've made some modifications. I've made all sound quieter, less annoying. Then I've made few versions :
Night Pizzicato Low
Is the pizzicato set but much quieter.
Human XBMC Sounds
Is complete new set based on human voices.
And
Pizzicato short
based on pizzicato but faster interface response.
Looking forward for commentaries.

Did you lower the volume on the intro sound? It is so loud going into XBMC compared to the typical volume of shows and movies.

Quick question: All skins and setups so far have run very smooth on my computer so I have not looked into turning on DDS compression. Night is my skin of choice now and I love the poster slide view like I mentioned before. The only thing is it is sort of sluggish. Other views aren't this way so I don't think it's a fanart issue. Is there anything I can do to speed this up a little?

Here's the computer specs in case anyone ask:

-XBMC build r32894
-Win 7 64 bit
-Intel i3 530 in a Gigabyte H55 motherboard
-I'm using the iGpu for vid output over hdmi
-2 X 2 GB Corsair 1600mhz DDR3
-Corsair 32 GB SSD for boot/apps
-3 X 1 TB for media

I just wanted to say thanks again for all the work building this skin. My wife invited some people over for a movie night Saturday so we can show off the setup. XBMC with this skin makes everyone drool and want to ditch cable/satellite as well. I think I will convert a bunch once pvr is rolled in.

- smilenkovski - 2010-08-25

I have not changed the intro sound. It is not included in current sets. You are right. I'll modify the whole set and upload again. Thanks for checking.

- Oddsodz - 2010-08-25

Danielocean Wrote:other question in this direction: do you need the fanart.jpg if you enable the extrafanart?!

No you do not. (This is good)

If you enable the "Extra Fan Art" settings. But you don't have any fanart in a movie folder IE: fanart.jpg/folder.jpg or a ExtraFanArt folder with images in it. It will default back the the one that was scraped into the library. Now if the movie you scraped does not have any fanart. Then it will show the the skin default.

This is why I love the ExtraFanArt folder system. If you have some images. Then great. If you don't. Oh well, XBMC will just show the normal downloaded one that you got when you scrapped. Simple yet great. Oh and it's the same for TV shows.