Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- pletopia - 2010-08-26

Oddsodz Wrote:No you do not. (This is good)

If you enable the "Extra Fan Art" settings. But you don't have any fanart in a movie folder IE: fanart.jpg/folder.jpg or a ExtraFanArt folder with images in it. It will default back the the one that was scraped into the library. Now if the movie you scraped does not have any fanart. Then it will show the the skin default.

This is why I love the ExtraFanArt folder system. If you have some images. Then great. If you don't. Oh well, XBMC will just show the normal downloaded one that you got when you scrapped. Simple yet great. Oh and it's the same for TV shows.

if i want to use this for tv .. do i just put in an extrafanart folder into the tv shows root ??

- Flomaster - 2010-08-26

pletopia Wrote:if i want to use this for tv .. do i just put in an extrafanart folder into the tv shows root ??

yes

/tvshows/weeds/extrafanart/allfanartshere.jpg

-=Jason=-

- mcborzu - 2010-08-26

avus m3 Wrote:Did you lower the volume on the intro sound? It is so loud going into XBMC compared to the typical volume of shows and movies.

Quick question: All skins and setups so far have run very smooth on my computer so I have not looked into turning on DDS compression. Night is my skin of choice now and I love the poster slide view like I mentioned before. The only thing is it is sort of sluggish. Other views aren't this way so I don't think it's a fanart issue. Is there anything I can do to speed this up a little?

Here's the computer specs in case anyone ask:

-XBMC build r32894
-Win 7 64 bit
-Intel i3 530 in a Gigabyte H55 motherboard
-I'm using the iGpu for vid output over hdmi
-2 X 2 GB Corsair 1600mhz DDR3
-Corsair 32 GB SSD for boot/apps
-3 X 1 TB for media

I just wanted to say thanks again for all the work building this skin. My wife invited some people over for a movie night Saturday so we can show off the setup. XBMC with this skin makes everyone drool and want to ditch cable/satellite as well. I think I will convert a bunch once pvr is rolled in.

Cool story, thx for the compliment! I'd love to dig into PVR but I'll wait till it gets merged into the main branch...

Slide View

Really it's a pretty basic view, not sure how anything in it would cause trouble. The only thing I can think of is the extrathumb code block:

PHP Code:
    <control type="group">
        <
posy>40</posy>
        <
animation effect="slide" start="1000,0" end="0,0" time="400" delay="900">Visible</animation>
        <
visible>Control.IsVisible(595) + Container.Content(movies) + Control.HasFocus(8241) + ![Control.HasFocus(8241) + Player.HasVideo]</visible>
        <include>
Animation_HiddenByInfo</include>        
        <include>
Animation_BackdropFade</include>
            <
control type="image" id="8241">
                <
posx>680</posx>
                <
posy>200</posy>
                <
width>261</width>
                <
height>147</height>
                <
aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
                <
texture background="true" diffuse="tv-landscape/landscapematteFO.png">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,extrathumbs/thumb1.jpg]</texture>
                <
fadetime>200</fadetime>
            </
control>
            <
control type="image">
                <
posx>668</posx>
                <
posy>190</posy>
                <
width>284</width>
                <
height>166</height>
                <
texture>tv-landscape/landscapeframeFO.png</texture>
                <
visible>![IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(8241)) + IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(8242))]</visible>
            </
control>
            <
control type="image" id="8242">
                <
posx>980</posx>
                <
posy>200</posy>
                <
width>261</width>
                <
height>147</height>
                <
aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
                <
texture background="true" diffuse="tv-landscape/landscapematteFO.png">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,extrathumbs/thumb2.jpg]</texture>
                <
fadetime>200</fadetime>
            </
control>
            <
control type="image">
                <
posx>968</posx>
                <
posy>190</posy>
                <
width>284</width>
                <
height>166</height>
                <
texture>tv-landscape/landscapeframeFO.png</texture>
                <
visible>![IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(8241)) + IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(8242))]</visible>
            </
control>
    </
control

If you want to test, open up Viewtype_Slide.xml, delete that section of code - lines 215 to 255 and let me know if that improves anything....

- sonic00 - 2010-08-26

mcborzu Wrote:The next repo update will take care of this, until then the logo script can be dowloaded here....
I have the script in my addon folder ... I can only download logos, when I use the script in the skin setting menu. But if I try to download a logo for a single show in the tv show section (Info Menu), I get following error message: "Can't get logo from this view". Tried all views, but get just this error.

- mcborzu - 2010-08-26

sonic00 Wrote:I have the script in my addon folder ... I can only download logos, when I use the script in the skin setting menu. But if I try to download a logo for a single show in the tv show section (Info Menu), I get following error message: "Can't get logo from this view". Tried all views, but get just this error.

Works fine on my end, both skin setting and info screen button...anyone else having trouble?

- sonic00 - 2010-08-26

If I change the code (DialogVideoInfo) back to
Code:
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.logo-downloader,$INFO[ListItem.FileNameAndPath])</onclick>

it works also in the Info Menu.

But with:

Code:
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.logo-downloader,mode=solo,logo=True,clearart=True,showthumb=True,showname=$INFO[ListItem.TVShowTitle])</onclick>

I just get this error ... Don't know why ...

- mcborzu - 2010-08-26

sonic00 Wrote:If I change the code (DialogVideoInfo) back to
Code:
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.logo-downloader,$INFO[ListItem.FileNameAndPath])</onclick>

it works also in the Info Menu.

But with:

Code:
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.logo-downloader,mode=solo,logo=True,clearart=True,showthumb=True,showname=$INFO[ListItem.TVShowTitle])</onclick>

I just get this error ... Don't know why ...

Do you have the new version of the logo script? ppic changed it about 5-6 days ago...

- sonic00 - 2010-08-26

v. 1.3 from http://passion-xbmc.org/downloads/scripts-pour-xbmc/logo-downloader-script-v13/105

- mcborzu - 2010-08-26

Maybe he forgot to up to XBMC-Passion but the logo script is now script.logo-downloader-2.0.0

- sonic00 - 2010-08-26

Didn't know that there is a new version. I followed the instruction form the Mainpost (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=74912&highlight=logo)

This one works.

Just for my information. I still can't change the logo later, exepct I delete the Thumbnails folder and scrap all data again!?

- pletopia - 2010-08-26

Flomaster Wrote:yes

/tvshows/weeds/extrafanart/allfanartshere.jpg

-=Jason=-
awesome feature Smile

quick question mcborzu, is it possible (just asking about the posibilities) of instead of having the backgrounds in the extrafanart folder of the shows root i instead currently have them all together in a giant directory, and each file is name named <tvdb id>-##.jpg (to get this to work i'm just copying them over to the extrafanart dir right now) but i wanted to so if its technically possible to have Night look at my tv fanart directory (its selected as the one for the home screen cycle) and use those that way i don't have to have 2 copies of them

- mcborzu - 2010-08-26

sonic00 Wrote:Didn't know that there is a new version. I followed the instruction form the Mainpost (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=74912&highlight=logo)

This one works.

Just for my information. I still can't change the logo later, exepct I delete the Thumbnails folder and scrap all data again!?

Glad we got that sorted...

No need to re-scrape shows. Things XBMC doesnt support by default - Logo's, extrathumbs, extrafanart, clearART, etc... scrapping will have no effect on that stuff.

To get a changed logo to show right away - delete userdata/Database/textures.db. But no need to manually rescan, once you delete textures.db it causes XBMC to re-cache all images....Though I haven't tested but XBMC might refresh the cache every 24hrs or something but I have to pay attention more to confirm.

- mcborzu - 2010-08-26

pletopia Wrote:awesome feature Smile

quick question mcborzu, is it possible (just asking about the posibilities) of instead of having the backgrounds in the extrafanart folder of the shows root i instead currently have them all together in a giant directory, and each file is name named <tvdb id>-##.jpg (to get this to work i'm just copying them over to the extrafanart dir right now) but i wanted to so if its technically possible to have Night look at my tv fanart directory (its selected as the one for the home screen cycle) and use those that way i don't have to have 2 copies of them

Maybe technically possible, not sure a skin can pull the tvdb id from a .nfo though, but it's just one of those things that you spend a lazy Sunday collecting 'extarfanarts' once and put them at the root of the TV show and you're good to go...

- pletopia - 2010-08-26

mcborzu Wrote:Maybe technically possible, not sure a skin can pull the tvdb id from a .nfo though, but it's just one of those things that you spend a lazy Sunday collecting 'extarfanarts' once and put them at the root of the TV show and you're good to go...

yeah .. or an hour one evening and just get it done Wink

umm .. question for you and everyone else .. on my setup when i go from shows -> season level it doesn't hickup, the "current" fanart carries over no problem .. but when i go from season level -> episode level it "hickups" .. what i mean is instead of nicely carrying over the "current" fanart it instead flashes to the "default" fanart for the show (the one that i had set as fanart.jpg in the root dir) for like a split second and then fades into a random one from the extrafanart

anyone else seeing this on their setups cause it just looks weird on mine

EDIT: same in reverse order episode -> season .. hickup ...... season -> shows .. clean

EDIT2: playing around with it .. i also see this split second load of the fanart.jpg followed by the fade into extrafanart when I cycle through shows

- sonic00 - 2010-08-26

mcborzu Wrote:To get a changed logo to show right away - delete userdata/Database/textures.db.
and again. thanks for your help ...