Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- mcborzu - 2010-08-26

pletopia Wrote:yeah .. or an hour one evening and just get it done Wink

umm .. question for you and everyone else .. on my setup when i go from shows -> season level it doesn't hickup, the "current" fanart carries over no problem .. but when i go from season level -> episode level it "hickups" .. what i mean is instead of nicely carrying over the "current" fanart it instead flashes to the "default" fanart for the show (the one that i had set as fanart.jpg in the root dir) for like a split second and then fades into a random one from the extrafanart

anyone else seeing this on their setups cause it just looks weird on mine

EDIT: same in reverse order episode -> season .. hickup ...... season -> shows .. clean

EDIT2: playing around with it .. i also see this split second load of the fanart.jpg followed by the fade into extrafanart when I cycle through shows

Yea thats just one of those things that occur when something isn't support by default, you get a minor bug like that...

When you are on the .., or level up icon, 'extrafanart' doesn't work because "ListItem.Path" doesn't work because the level up isn't part of the "path" of the TV show...But XBMC uses Fanart.Image which allows the scraped Fanart to show on the "level up" selection. Thats why you get the default fanart when hovered over .., or level up icon.

- pletopia - 2010-08-26

mcborzu Wrote:Yea thats just one of those things that occur when something isn't support by default, you get a minor bug like that...

When you are on the .., or level up icon, 'extrafanart' doesn't work because "ListItem.Path" doesn't work because the level up isn't part of the "path" of the TV show...But XBMC uses Fanart.Image which allows the scraped Fanart to show on the "level up" selection. Thats why you get the default fanart when hovered over .., or level up icon.

thats not where i'm seeing it .. i'm seeing it when i go from like 24 to 4400 .. and when i hit enter on a season to enter episode level

- butchabay - 2010-08-26

Yo mcborzu,
thanx very much for releasing my request on your last update and ofcourse for all your patience and effort to release such a fantastic skin.

One question:
Is there a possibility to hide Plot in Wall View ? You could maybe indicate me where i have to change the code.

Cheers

- mcborzu - 2010-08-26

butchabay Wrote:Yo mcborzu,
thanx very much for releasing my request on your last update and ofcourse for all your patience and effort to release such a fantastic skin.

One question:
Is there a possibility to hide Plot in Wall View ? You could maybe indicate me where i have to change the code.

Cheers

No problem, that was an easy request...

Plot starts at line 212 in Viewtype_Wall.xml

- butchabay - 2010-08-26

mcborzu Wrote:No problem, that was an easy request...

Plot starts at line 212 in Viewtype_Wall.xml

Thank you man ...

Wide Banners - Flomaster - 2010-08-27

from another thread started today this is a good idea.

does Night have the ability to have

banner.jpg along with folder.jpg

and depending on the view your using it uses one or the other?

when ever i change a view from a poster view to banner view I have to re-add my image

-=Jason=-

- mcborzu - 2010-08-28

Flomaster Wrote:from another thread started today this is a good idea.

does Night have the ability to have

banner.jpg along with folder.jpg

and depending on the view your using it uses one or the other?

when ever i change a view from a poster view to banner view I have to re-add my image

-=Jason=-

Not officially in but maybe...I really dislike banners and one of my little goals is to hopefully push people to use either Landscape or Poster images. I guess it's not that bad of an idea since some guys have become familiar with this option from Alaska...

- Oddsodz - 2010-08-28

@Flomaster

See this post for what (I hope) is in the works with Posters and Landscapes

- Danielocean - 2010-08-28

mcborzu Wrote:...I really dislike banners and one of my little goals is to hopefully push people to use either Landscape or Poster images...

1000% agree!

think it is a strange thing on each stuff side for tv shows that there are more banners than posters, fanarts & landscape together... ok... only feel like... but i cant imagine that so many ppl use banners... but masses of banner stuff everywhere so ppl mostly uses it... strange...

- isamu.dragon - 2010-08-28

Danielocean Wrote:1000% agree!

think it is a strange thing on each stuff side for tv shows that there are more banners than posters, fanarts & landscape together... ok... only feel like... but i cant imagine that so many ppl use banners... but masses of banner stuff everywhere so ppl mostly uses it... strange...

Agreed.

I'd rather have Universal conformity.
meaning that Since Movies come in posters, I prefer posters for TV Shows.

Landscape is nice too.

Love the Logo view.

Wish more posters would be made and banners be retired.

- MrCrispy - 2010-08-28

Keep Night unique and true to your vision, when skins try to do everything they become complex. Things like extrafanart are what should be promoted by a visual skin like Night and hopefully will lead to better tools.

Also I don't know how much a skin slows down with lot of conditional checks and options but I'd rather see the core Night be fast and lean and then people can post their mod's.

- Flomaster - 2010-08-28

Ahh the view I have now is the fanart view not icons

- zwat - 2010-08-28

well banners are small and will show more of the fanart. Big Grin i like the text on season and episode level just because of more fanart

- 1slimm31 - 2010-08-29

understood a lot of people may not like banners that much, but for large anime tv collections (like the one i have), i tend to prefer the banners for those. like zwat said it makes the fanart stand out a lot more. the 3d banner view is a great example.

- joshhansen - 2010-08-29

Is night configured to pull/display multiple RSS sets on the home page at once? Can i display two scrolling RSS feeds at once on the home page. When i tried to create two sets in the userdata rss feed XBMC either displayed one or none. Thanks again and keep up the great work