Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- mcborzu - 2010-09-23

Update 9/22/2010
-Added option to turn off New Recently Added on Fanart view
-Added new Movie Genre images - thx krypt2nite
-Added new Flags - thx Stoli

**Only git updated**

NEW GENRE IMAGES

NEW FLAGS

- mobious - 2010-09-23

So no eta on when it will be updated in the add-on section in xbmc?

- Flomaster - 2010-09-23

Zomg yes.... once again christmas comes early

-=Jason=-

- mcborzu - 2010-09-23

mobious Wrote:So no eta on when it will be updated in the add-on section in xbmc?

Still playing around with things:

1. They don't want constant updates. They are OK with every 2 weeks.
2. I believe they would want BIG updates not small - Moved plot 2 pixels type updates. Now I got some cool new things - New Flags, New way for Recent Added, Genre/Music images, Animated Fanart. So I'm good with new stuff...
3. I'd like to finish - New Recently Added, RCB script, and ppic's Next Aired script before update.

I'd guess maybe 1-2 weeks before new Repo available. I'm trying to make an unoffical repo but all examples point to SVN not git, I suck at git knowledge, so I need to look into it more...

- zwat - 2010-09-23

mcborzu Wrote:I'm trying to make an unoffical repo but all examples point to SVN not git, I suck at git knowledge, so I need to look into it more...
i guess u mean svn knowledge since u use git now? Big Grin

what is rcb?

haven't tried the new genre poster pictures, but first impression is that i hate the black boarder around the images. would look better with the picture filling out the whole background.

- krypt2nite - 2010-09-23

zwat Wrote:haven't tried the new genre poster pictures, but first impression is that i hate the black boarder around the images. would look better with the picture filling out the whole background.

I had the same thought. I'll do some testing.

- ppic - 2010-09-23

mcborzu Wrote:Still playing around with things:

3. I'd like to finish - New Recently Added, RCB script, and ppic's Next Aired script before update.

hi, for my part, i've got some problem with connection with tvrage this days, don't know why, but it's hard to test with that, i'll try to start recoding it tonight

I kind of like the flags a bit bigger and the audio channels combined with codec.

- zwat - 2010-09-23

yea use combined audiocodec and channels in same flag. looks sexy. still not sure about the colors tho.

krypt2nite: seems u should change ur code for runtime Big Grin

Thanks I didn't notice that. mcborzu has "Minutes" in the view xml. <label>$INFO[ListItem.Duration] $LOCALIZE[12391]</label>

You were right about the genre icons. I easily redid them and I think it looks better.

- mobious - 2010-09-23

mcborzu Wrote:Still playing around with things:

1. They don't want constant updates. They are OK with every 2 weeks.
2. I believe they would want BIG updates not small - Moved plot 2 pixels type updates. Now I got some cool new things - New Flags, New way for Recent Added, Genre/Music images, Animated Fanart. So I'm good with new stuff...

I'd guess maybe 1-2 weeks before new Repo available. I'm trying to make an unoffical repo but all examples point to SVN not git, I suck at git knowledge, so I need to look into it more...

I see, makes sense. Well if I were to update with the git, would that somehow mess up when the time comes to officially update through the repo? Also if you don't mind me asking how would I do that on a Live system? updating a skin with git? The first page shows how to do it with windows.

- Flomaster - 2010-09-23

sweet updated my moviegenre images.....

-=Jason=-

- Flomaster - 2010-09-23

mobious Wrote:I see, makes sense. Well if I were to update with the git, would that somehow mess up when the time comes to officially update through the repo? Also if you don't mind me asking how would I do that on a Live system? updating a skin with git? The first page shows how to do it with windows.

im assuming you have SSH or use SSH

do this...

Code:
cd ~/.xbmc/addons/
git clone git://github.com/bartowski/skin.night.git

you now have ~/.xbmc/addons/skin.night

to update when ever a new change is made

Code:
cd ~/.xbmc/addons/skin.night/
git pull

-=Jason=-

- mobious - 2010-09-23

What if I already have the night skin? to I skip to the update part or do it all from the beginning?

Edit: I decided I would just do it from the beginning, using puTTy and it keeps on telling me command git not found.

- Flomaster - 2010-09-23

ok

sudo apt-get install git-core

-=Jason=-