Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- stoli - 2010-09-24

Flomaster Wrote:krypt2nite, maybe I missed it, but did you post your media flags for download. with the channels + audio format ?

-=Jason=-

They are in the same package/download as the others.

- Flomaster - 2010-09-24

stoli Wrote:They are in the same package/download as the others.

oh score, I only looked in the folder that came from the git pull I'll have to copy those other ones into it.

-=Jason=-

Trailer Sub-Menu (Video Library) - puulima - 2010-09-24

I searched the forums but didn't stumble upon this - if this is covered elsewhere - please advise.

Is it possible to have a "Trailers" Menu item on the HOME screen - that functions similar to the Movies and TV-Shows menu items? I realize that there is no separate scraper for trailers so likely when the content is set to MOVIES (in order to scrape for the plots/cover art) XBMC would drop them in with the rest of the Movies...so even if the skin could do this..might not work because of that limitation?

Would this be something others would find useful?

I download all the new trailers from HD-Trailers.net for offline viewing but would prefer to do the viewing in XBMC. Unless there is a way to do this currently, I was thinking if there was a way to flag a separate source as TRAILERS but still setting the CONTENT to MOVIES then this might work? - Which would be an XBMC thing right - whereas adding a TRAILERS menu item is in the skin?

Definitely open to ANY suggestion as to how to have a segregated area for calling up trailers to view though...any way to slip them into the interface.

- mobious - 2010-09-24

Okay I got the xml working perfectly but I have a question krypt2nite, now for everything dobly and dts I get the single flag with number next to it as its suppose to. But for things like MP3, AAC, etc I only get the icon with no surround number next to it (which I know is how its suppose to be as there are no icons with included surround number for MP3 AAC etc) Now my question is, how would I keep things such as AAC and MP3 to display the normal 2.0 or 5.1 number box while at the same time retaining the single box for dts and dolby? I tried copy pasting the XML part for AAC from the original skin into the edited XML file to replace what you have but that doesn't work, so I must be missing something?

- GJones - 2010-09-24

puulima Wrote:I searched the forums but didn't stumble upon this - if this is covered elsewhere - please advise.

Is it possible to have a "Trailers" Menu item on the HOME screen - that functions similar to the Movies and TV-Shows menu items? I realize that there is no separate scraper for trailers so likely when the content is set to MOVIES (in order to scrape for the plots/cover art) XBMC would drop them in with the rest of the Movies...so even if the skin could do this..might not work because of that limitation?

I download all the new trailers from HD-Trailers.net for offline viewing but would prefer to do the viewing in XBMC. Unless there is a way to do this currently, I was thinking if there was a way to flag a separate source as TRAILERS but still setting the CONTENT to MOVIES then this might work? - Which would be an XBMC thing right - whereas adding a TRAILERS menu item is in the skin?

Definitely open to ANY suggestion as to how to have a segregated area for calling up trailers to view though...any way to slip them into the interface.

I think the most realistic way to approach this is to have an addon for local trailers. I have considered going back through the home theater script or the AMT Light addon.

I had considered doing something to this end because of the automated download script I wrote to pull trailers, thumbnails and NFO information from Apple (very very loosely based on atd).

- zwat - 2010-09-24

mobious Wrote:Okay I got the xml working perfectly but I have a question krypt2nite, now for everything dobly and dts I get the single flag with number next to it as its suppose to. But for things like MP3, AAC, etc I only get the icon with no surround number next to it (which I know is how its suppose to be as there are no icons with included surround number for MP3 AAC etc) Now my question is, how would I keep things such as AAC and MP3 to display the normal 2.0 or 5.1 number box while at the same time retaining the single box for dts and dolby? I tried copy pasting the XML part for AAC from the original skin into the edited XML file to replace what you have but that doesn't work, so I must be missing something?

try to play with the visibility tag.
Code:
<control type="image">
<description>Audio Channels Image</description>
<width>60</width>
<height>40</height>
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.AudioChannels,flagging/audio/,.png]</texture>
<visible>substring(ListItem.AudioCodec,mp3) | substring(ListItem.AudioCodec,aac)</visible>
</control>

i have not tested this

- mobious - 2010-09-24

Worked like a charm Zwat, thank you! So right now I got single icons for DTS and Dolby and MP3/AAC + audio channel showing.

- puulima - 2010-09-24

GJones Wrote:I think the most realistic way to approach this is to have an addon for local trailers. I have considered going back through the home theater script or the AMT Light addon.

I had considered doing something to this end because of the automated download script I wrote to pull trailers, thumbnails and NFO information from Apple (very very loosely based on atd).

I just stumbled on a thread for the "HTS" and it looks intriguing...no time to digest right now. Is it a current add-on or a manual thing?

I was using the AMT Light add-on but it's too time consuming to download individual trailers - I had posted something (probably the wrong place?) asking if it could be enhanced to allow the user to tag multiple trailers they wanted to download and do a batch download. Also had asked in the same post if it could be enhanced to show "new" trailers since the last time the add-on was was run.

If there was a way to roll that into this - that would be great. My wife might actually watch the trailers if she was able to quickly select them and watch instantly ;-)

So who do I have to buy poke & beer for?

- GJones - 2010-09-24

puulima Wrote:I just stumbled on a thread for the "HTS" and it looks intriguing...no time to digest right now. Is it a current add-on or a manual thing?

I was using the AMT Light add-on but it's too time consuming to download individual trailers - I had posted something (probably the wrong place?) asking if it could be enhanced to allow the user to tag multiple trailers they wanted to download and do a batch download. Also had asked in the same post if it could be enhanced to show "new" trailers since the last time the add-on was was run.

If there was a way to roll that into this - that would be great. My wife might actually watch the trailers if she was able to quickly select them and watch instantly ;-)

So who do I have to buy poke & beer for?

I have a very (VERY) simple script I wrote to just pull down all the new trailers. It keeps a text file list of the IDs already downloaded and also pulls down thumbnails. I will try to clean it up enough to be maintainable this weekend and post it.

Keep in mind it is a perl/shell script with no GUI. I set a cron job for it and just let it run once a day.

- mcborzu - 2010-09-24

puulima Wrote:I searched the forums but didn't stumble upon this - if this is covered elsewhere - please advise.

Maybe you could cheat and make .nfo's and scan them as Music Videos? You wouldn't want trailers in your Movie Library.

Or simple solution would be to just add the local folder of trailers as a Favorite and then set that on Home but then you wouldn't get the rich metadata...

- papill6n - 2010-09-25

It's normal =>

There is no line text in this place, weird?
I have the latest update via Git.

And for this error? =>

Why the warning "LOGO Missing" is here? because i'm in 16X9's viewtype, in movies section.

- mcborzu - 2010-09-25

@papill6n

Not getting any of those results, both on my working copy and a fresh git clone copy...

- papill6n - 2010-09-25

arf >.<'
ok, thank you.

- KidKiwi - 2010-09-25

I have an issue I wonder if I could get some input for. Here is a pic of the problem.

As you can see, a white line is present on the side and along the top (the top is not so obvious in this pic).

The only way I can get rid of this is to zoom the skin out - and then some of the buttons / text is offscreen.

I have tried Video calibration without success. I have also put a black border around my images and the same thing happens.

I have checked the default NIGHT image. There is no black border around it and both images are the same size.

The only thing I can see is that there is a black border around the default images - so there must be an overlay. I'm thinking that when I select the Multi-image function, my image is on top of this overlay, and NOT underneath like it should be.

How do I check this? Is there a stacking function? "Z" pos??

Thx for any pointers.

PS - I installed git for windows and pulled the latest version (I think) - both the one I am using and the git-pulled one show 1.4.5 version. They both have the same problem.

- zwat - 2010-09-25

seems to be some overscan on ur videocard. does this happen on ubuntu desktop also?
never tried live so not sure how it works.