Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- mcborzu - 2010-09-29

Update 9/30/2010
-Moved Music/Video scan dialog to center/top instead of right/top of screen
-Added the "Add Network location" Dialog
-Added black background to flags
-Changed submenus on Horizontal Home to a wraplist

**only git updated**

- Flomaster - 2010-09-29

thank you kindly

-=jason=-

- KidKiwi - 2010-09-29

This is probably a dumb question - but I can't find all the strings in the strings.xml file?

I'm currently looking for the Genre one - shown as 515 - where is it (and the others) located??

EDIT: Okay...I found it!

- emal011 - 2010-09-29

there is a posibility that in the music section, it show the music producer? like Parlophone, Sony music, etc...

question on the movie category - hatbrox - 2010-09-30

hello,

I'm on the process of installing My Movies for Windows Home Server. XMBC apparently support a connection to WHS and the "My Movies" WHS plug-in.

Will this skin work and be able to get all the movies and their meta data from WHS?

Thanks

- Flomaster - 2010-09-30

hatbrox the skin is mearly a skin, it has no effect on your media or how its played.

-=Jason=-

- mcborzu - 2010-09-30

hatbrox Wrote:hello,

I'm on the process of installing My Movies for Windows Home Server. XBMC apparently support a connection to WHS and the "My Movies" WHS plug-in.

Will this skin work and be able to get all the movies and their meta data from WHS?

Thanks

Yea, no clue...XBMC and WHS work together just fine, the "My Movies" WHS plug-in and XBMC I have no clue about.Asking in the Windows forum would get the best results.

- mcborzu - 2010-10-01

version="1.4.6"

Quote: -Moved Music/Video scan dialog to center/top instead of right/top of screen
-Fixed Movie "Genre fanart" code
-Fixed kiosk mode still being able to select buttons
-Fixed issue with scrollbar not visible when only a few items in a list
-Fixed a terrible error in Music Library where in Song level could only choose 2 views not the 4 available

-Conditional Weather is set by an option underneath the main option

-Re-introducing the recently added on TV level, Landscape/Fanart/16x9 views
-Added Rotating Fanart on Home and Library views
-Added the "Add Network location" Dialog
-Added support for RCB script
-Added new Movie Genre images - thx krypt2nite
-Added new Flags - thx Stoli
-Added a 'Recently Added' specific view
-Added Ascending/Descending sort option to View Options
-Added option to use 'Random Items' instead of 'Recent Items' on Home

This version is what major changes have had since last update. This version will be available in the repo in 1-2 days.

Whats new since last git update:

Changed Recently added in "Fanart" view
Added option to use the Random script instead of Recently Added, option pops up underneath Recently added radiobutton:

**You will need the Random Script unless installed via repo

- KidKiwi - 2010-10-01

Thx mcborzu for all your efforts. I'm still buzzing about all the great features this skin (and xbmc) have that are new to me since upgrading to an Ion from an Xbox. There is so much to play with Big Grin

And some of the code (well actually most of the code Oo) is beyond me - but it still doesn't stop me from trying Wink

Keep up the great work.

PS - Any chance you'd be interested in adding another video view?

- mcborzu - 2010-10-01

KidKiwi Wrote:Thx mcborzu for all your efforts. I'm still buzzing about all the great features this skin (and xbmc) have that are new to me since upgrading to an Ion from an Xbox. There is so much to play with Big Grin

And some of the code (well actually most of the code Oo) is beyond me - but it still doesn't stop me from trying Wink

Keep up the great work.

PS - Any chance you'd be interested in adding another video view?

Yes and No.

Yes - as I'm always open for new stuff. and No- as I got enough views already. I want to redo the 16x9 view but adding a completely new one is not on my radar at the moment...

- msderganc - 2010-10-01

Could git pulls be built into Night?

Otherwise, is there a script that would allow me to automate git pulls without leaving XBMC? Maybe to run git in the background? I haven't been able to find anything yet.

- shaktoo - 2010-10-01

what an awesome skin.. I WAS faithful to phil65's Aeon mod but now am using Night primarily & looking forward to Nova... THANK YOU
I have 2 questions and if these seem very silly then please forgive me as I am a noob.
1- how ( if possible at all ) can i add either recently added / random added script to custom home menu items .
2-How to add .VODcasts , the RSS editor script dosent seem to do anything and I have added to Rss.xml some feeds but haven't managed to get them working.
Once again Thank you for the most amazing work!

- stoli - 2010-10-01

msderganc Wrote:Could git pulls be built into Night?

Otherwise, is there a script that would allow me to automate git pulls without leaving XBMC? Maybe to run git in the background? I haven't been able to find anything yet.

You could write a simple batch file and have it called from the Launcher add-on.

- stoli - 2010-10-01

shaktoo Wrote:what an awesome skin.. I WAS faithful to phil65's Aeon mod but now am using Night primarily & looking forward to Nova... THANK YOU
I have 2 questions and if these seem very silly then please forgive me as I am a noob.
1- how ( if possible at all ) can i add either recently added / random added script to custom home menu items .

This is already a feature - see 3 or 4 posts up...

shaktoo Wrote:2-How to add .VODcasts , the RSS editor script dosent seem to do anything and I have added to Rss.xml some feeds but haven't managed to get them working.
Once again Thank you for the most amazing work!

RSS video feeds have to be added as a Source. The rss feature is purely for text.

- shaktoo - 2010-10-01

stoli.. thanks for the quick reply. what I mean is that I have a Custom menu " Kids movies ' on the home screen and wish to have the recently added script working for this custom menu as well . post above is about random instead of recent added .. if someone could guide me on how to get this working ..