Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- sufreak - 2010-10-04

Any thoughts on officially adding the banner view? Its really the only thing keeping me from using Night. I love it, the features, the look. Just can't look at a minimal amount of tv shows in one shot.

Otherwise, I'm stuck with Confluence. Which is also nice...

- Nomar1245 - 2010-10-04

The skins beautiful, I'm going to put it on one of my boxes later tonight, but I have to say this:

If you like to say thanks, please consider donating any amount no matter how small to one of the below:

XBMC
theTVDB
themoviedb

Is very admirable. Not trying to take any credit for your work is pretty cool to see. I just thought I'd point that out.

- KidKiwi - 2010-10-04

mcborzu Wrote:1. Extarfanart - name them whatevr you want, there isn't a naming convention
2. extrathumbs - thumb1.jpg,thumb2.jpg,etc...I only use two, some skins use more
3. Yes I think I'll add the monochrome flags...

1 - Thx
2 - Thx muchly
3 - Hope my comment wasn't too critical. I just think the media should be the focus - and the coloured flags detract from that IMO Rolleyes

@zwat - Thx for the pointer.

One last thing - should there be a blue line under the logo in the TV landscape view. I noticed on Passion-xbmc their pic of the skin has one and I'm sure I saw mention of this somewhere among the threads. Am I missing something (I'm using 1.4.6). (I like the blue line - feels like the logo needs one to bring it to focus).

I'm getting a real big buzz with this skin. Haven't felt this excited about the xbmc system since I originally set it up 4-5 years ago. Great work my good man!!

- KidKiwi - 2010-10-04

sufreak Wrote:Any thoughts on officially adding the banner view? Its really the only thing keeping me from using Night. I love it, the features, the look. Just can't look at a minimal amount of tv shows in one shot.

Otherwise, I'm stuck with Confluence. Which is also nice...

I thought there was a banner view. I was using it before I switched to landscape view. Don't you have to turn it on in the skin section?

- mcborzu - 2010-10-04

KidKiwi Wrote:I thought there was a banner view. I was using it before I switched to landscape view. Don't you have to turn it on in the skin section?

He's looking for a 12-20 banners on screen at once. Can't say it on my radar this week, mostly checking for bugs and making sure my next Repo update is perfect...

- mcborzu - 2010-10-05

KidKiwi Wrote:One last thing - should there be a blue line under the logo in the TV landscape view. I noticed on Passion-xbmc their pic of the skin has one and I'm sure I saw mention of this somewhere among the threads. Am I missing something (I'm using 1.4.6). (I like the blue line - feels like the logo needs one to bring it to focus).

The consensus it seems was for it to be removed. It was there for the first 4-5 months, I took it out maybe a month or so ago...I guess it's just a preference thing but Id guess the preference was probably 70/30 against it so I took it out, plus I think it looks 'cleaner' without.

- gcash513 - 2010-10-05

KidKiwi Wrote:Understandable.

I asked because I have a really large library - and showcase view (my favourite) just doesn't offer enough covers when browsing for a movie to watch. My problem further stems from being particularly susceptible to motion sickness - and when flying through showcase view (and others) I start feeling ill - especially with the focused cover flying in and out. And...using the scrollbar to deliver one page at a time cuts off the cover on each end of the screen - so I never get to see those covers while using the SBar.

I've come from PM3 - using the DVD ICons view (two panes of covers putting ten on the screen at the same time. PM3-HD puts 12 I think on the screen. I'd like a similar view putting two panes right across the screen - about 14 or 16 at a time. Allows you to browse a lot at one time.

Funny thing is, I've found myself switching back to PM3-HD to make a selection, then back to Night to watch it. Not sure I have the required skills to make it happen on my own.

PS - Just started work on my TV section and setting it up using Landscape with logos and fanart etc. Looks fantastic - like having a brand new system all over again. Big Grin

In the showcase view, I fixed the problem you described by changing a couple of tags in Viewtype_Showcase.xml.

Look for <control type="wraplist" id="58"> in the file (line 49 in the latest published version).
Change the value <posx>-135</posx> to <posx>31</posx>
Change the value <width>1480</width> to <width>1218</width>
Change the value <focusposition>4</focusposition> to <focusposition>3</focusposition>

- KidKiwi - 2010-10-05

mcborzu Wrote:The consensus it seems was for it to be removed. It was there for the first 4-5 months, I took it out maybe a month or so ago...I guess it's just a preference thing but Id guess the preference was probably 70/30 against it so I took it out, plus I think it looks 'cleaner' without.

You don't still have the code and image do you? I though it looked quite good. It's easy to get confused which one is highlighted as well - especially as the logo is offset from the landscape pic.

- KidKiwi - 2010-10-05

gcash513 Wrote:In the showcase view, I fixed the problem you described by changing a couple of tags in Viewtype_Showcase.xml.

Look for <control type="wraplist" id="58"> in the file (line 49 in the latest published version).
Change the value <posx>-135</posx> to <posx>31</posx>
Change the value <width>1480</width> to <width>1218</width>
Change the value <focusposition>4</focusposition> to <focusposition>3</focusposition>

Thx for the pointer. What does this mod actually do?

- marjanovich - 2010-10-05

Quick question...

Does Night support Fanart in the programs section? (http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=618617&postcount=787)

Didn't want to have to disassemble Night if the support was already there, just trying to make my programs section match the above concepts

- mcborzu - 2010-10-06

marjanovich Wrote:Quick question...

Does Night support Fanart in the programs section? (http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=618617&postcount=787)

Didn't want to have to disassemble Night if the support was already there, just trying to make my programs section match the above concepts

I was actually doing this type of little things today....

***EDIT***

if you use GIT, check if what I just uploaded works....

- marjanovich - 2010-10-06

Ill grab it when I head back home this evening... (driving) and let ya know

- mcborzu - 2010-10-06

So far it works using the instructions from this thread

- mcborzu - 2010-10-06

Just let this thread die...

I didn't lock it in case anyone wanted to quote something but just let this thread die, discussions should happen in new general release thread thx...

- papill6n - 2010-10-06

Oh thank you!

Just one question please Big Grin : could you place at the disposal the .psd's file of the Moviesgenre's files (they are in the repertory 'Extras')?