Kodi Community Forum
[BUGS] and missing items - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: [BUGS] and missing items (/showthread.php?tid=73846)

- Casanova_32210 - 2010-07-31

pletopia Wrote:you have to add the source .. and then scan the source

after you add the source go to video's .. highlight your tv source .. hit 'c' .. "scan for new content"

Thanks!!! One more thing are you able to view trailers with this skin?

- mcborzu - 2010-07-31

Casanova_32210 Wrote:Thanks!!! One more thing are you able to view trailers with this skin?

yes 3 or so views have one click access to trailers...

- Oddsodz - 2010-07-31

Just so that I bump.

The issues with the iPlayer Addon is still there.

- mcborzu - 2010-07-31

Oddsodz Wrote:Just so that I bump.

The issues with the iPlayer Addon is still there.

Hard for me to test, I can navigate all the way to where the streams are at but can't go any further due to being in the U.S...using the Fox News/CNN/AMT Lite addons, they stream and work just fine for me

- Oddsodz - 2010-07-31

mcborzu Wrote:Hard for me to test, I can navigate all the way to where the streams are at but can't go any further due to being in the U.S...using the Fox News/CNN/AMT Lite addons, they stream and work just fine for me

Really??

I Must make a video to show you.

- mcborzu - 2010-07-31

Oddsodz Wrote:Really??

I Must make a video to show you.

I guess a debug log wouldnt hurt also...

- pletopia - 2010-08-02

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=577578&postcount=917

Wink

- Danielocean - 2010-08-02

Hey mcborzu...

my database is now ready, so i can use your fantastic skin in the right way... and now im looking for some cosmetic things, maybe it will help you to go for a perfect skin...

here is a animated gif, wich shows you three small things:

1. in the visualization view for music, the "now playing..." is in the same line as the title... normally its in the line upper the title, would be nice if its in the same way for visualization too; the title is bold, i think it would be nice if the artist is also bold... what do you think about it?!
Another thing is that i think the "now playing..." is very big, very massive and looks more more important than the real information... mybe you have an other idea, maybe smaller, non-bold... hmmm just an idea...

2. on the "next" view, i think it would be better if the cover is smaller, maybe you can put the "next" upper the title, so you have now four lines and the cover in the same height as these four lines, so this view looks less important than the "now playing..." view...

3. the third thing is that the first part of the time information jumps forward and back, cause the "1" is not so wide als the "2" for example... look at the gif, you will see what i mean... in confluence the time is evey time on the same place and don't jump around...

PS: What about mediaflag for music?!

- mcborzu - 2010-08-03

@Danielocean

All those seems reasonable and very logical suggestions also...

Do any other skins use media flags? If yes, screenshot please. I checked but atleast for me none showed in any skin, even Aeon, but maybe it is just how my music is "tagged".

- zwat - 2010-08-03

i'd luv me some flags on music too. like bitrate, fileformat, lable. but not sure if any has that or if that info is avalible.

- Danielocean - 2010-08-03

mcborzu Wrote:@Danielocean

All those seems reasonable and very logical suggestions also...
Hope so...
If you want, I will look for more of these cosmetic things... But please don't understand me wrong: I love your skin, for me it's the best one... but I want to help to upgrade this skin from "best" to "perfect"... and to reach this level, you have to enhance these little small things Wink

mcborzu Wrote:Do any other skins use media flags? If yes, screenshot please. I checked but atleast for me none showed in any skin, even Aeon, but maybe it is just how my music is "tagged".
I dont know how you tag your media Wink Here is a screenshot from confluence... same artist, same album... there are flags for codec, channels and rating... i think thats enough - less is more - but some flags are nice... but maybe you have an idea for a flag more or two... but i think not too much...

An Idea: put the "time" down to the place where the "track x/y" is, the "track x/y" upper the time and the 3-4 flags in the same line as this "track x/y"... the flags not so big, mot so massive... i think you know what i mean...

PS: If you want, we can talk about these things via skype... Wink

- WhyS - 2010-08-03

Build: r32393-Dharma
Viewtype: Wallpanel
'Enable Movies Watched Overlays' is disabled.

BUG:
"Watched" movies are not properly aligned when overlays are disabled. The space where the X should be (were it enabled) is still there.

- mcborzu - 2010-08-03

WhyS Wrote:Build: r32393-Dharma
Viewtype: Wallpanel
'Enable Movies Watched Overlays' is disabled.

BUG:
"Watched" movies are not properly aligned when overlays are disabled. The space where the X should be (were it enabled) is still there.

Good catch, also A+ for the detailed, and helpful, bug info. Also show in "Files" view. Easy fix...

- Danielocean - 2010-08-06

hey mcborzu,

have not heard anything about my last post... 3 posts ago... about media flags for music...
so hope that you think like me...

but i have some more cosmetic things for you... hope is not too much...
(sorry... some german screenshots)

HOME - global clock
love your home screen, cause its clean & sexy... but there is a small thing...
id like to have switch time and date... so that the date is upper the time, so it looks like there is more space for
fanart/backdrop... it looks more "round"... do you know what i mean?!

current home screen

could be a better home screen

HOME - weather screen
i love the wethaer widget for 4 days, it more than enough... but i not really a person with chinese origin, so i read
from left to right... so im a little bit confosed every time i have an look on this screen... you are right to put the bigger
part for today in the corner, that looks better... but what do you think about the idea to seperate the other tree days
a bit from the today part, with a littel bit more space, so it dosnt look like an order... so you can set the other days
from left to right, and maybe not in the format "DAY (next line) HIGH xx (next line) LOW xx", better in "DAY (next line)
xx°C(f)-xx°C(f), so you can save a line and so it looks automaticly more separate from the TODAY.

weather widget on home screen

HOME - now playing widget view
here on this home screenshot you can see a small cosmetic thing: the shutdown tag overlaps with the cover from the
now playing widget, so thats another argument for tuning this widget... the cover should end at the same line with the
now playing line, then the will no conflicting between the cover and the shutdown tag or each other which is on this
position... think that should be a small thing...

home screen with now playing widget

PICTURE - folder view
for the picture view, i prefer the showcase style for the folder overview, in folder i like the grid style. but one thing i
miss there: kind of a folder.jpg or fanart.jpg in each folder for the bachground on this view, so you can set an main pic
for eacht folder to get an better overview . Look at the secont screenshot, thats the view in-folder and the selected
picture is also in background, in this way id like to have the folder overview by setting an fanart.jpg (as an hidden
file)... would be a nice effect for people which have a lot of folders/pictures... waht do you think about it?!

picture folder overview in showcase style

picture overview should be like this: picture view in showcase style

- Danielocean - 2010-08-06

TV SHOW - tv show home screen
for tv shows i prefere of course the fanart view with logos... but for me, here are two things...

im not really happy with the logo sizes... maybe it could be better that the logos have all the same hidth, not the same
width... is that possible?! i dont know so i have to aks for... but there will come another problem with the logos on
season selecting screen...

the other thing is that the aquamarine bar which underscore the selected logo, for me it dont looks right... the better
way could be to let crow the selected logo a little bit (ore better to scale down the not-selected, so the logos are not
so massive) and to cover the not-selected with a dust-texture to bleach them... the same effect like on logo view...

tv show home screen

TV SHOW - tv show season screen
from tv show home screen to the screen for a selected show where you can choose a season... here i prefere the
poster or 3d landscape view with the show fanart option... one thing is that there is a black background behind the
3d landscape items but not behind the posters... strange thing... think it would be better without this background, on
the option show fanart and dark view...

another thing is that i use a fanart.jpg for each season (in season folder) but there is still the normal fanart.jpg for the
hole tv show in the background... even if i go for the next view for selecting the episodes - isnt xbmc able to show the
season-fanart?

poster view

3d landscape view (not the right season.tbn for that view)

there is another "not so good" looking thing...
have a look at the following screenies, so you can see that for "bones" the "staffel 1" tag (season 1) fits fine, cause
both looks left aligned... but on the next screenie for "CSI:miami", the "staffel 1" tag (season 1) looks not very good,
cause the logo is center aligned, but the "staffel 1" tag looks left aligned... i know that the logos are center/bottom
aligned (from lockstockmods.net) and all with the same size for working well with the same distance between each
logo on tv show home screen... also i know that the season tag is left aglined... but sometimes the logo fills all the
width and so it looks on this view like the logo is also left aligned and it fits together... i dont know how to solve this
problem... but at the moment it is not perfect.

another thing, the "staffel 1" tag (season 1) etc. in some views is missing... look at the screenshot poster view above...
ive not checked all vies, so i cant say on which the tag is missing.

this looks good!

this is not perfect...

TV SHOW - episode screen
from the screen for a selected show to the screen where you can choose the episodes... i prefere the 3d landscape
view, but here with the option dark landscape for gettin information about the selected episode... (on dark view, there
is also that massive black background - you should check all kind of views like this)... on this view, the flag for the
tv channel is missing... and the flag for dvd is placed on the episode thumb... would be better if you place the source
flag and the flag for the tv channel upper the plot, next to the info for season/episode/aired...

episode view