Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Legacy Dark - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Legacy Dark (/showthread.php?tid=74305)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

- ekim232 - 2010-05-28

Louike Wrote:Thanks for coding my new favorite skin Ekim32.

@Paul: I noticed the movie and tv shows library views were loading a bit slow too. (black screen) However after i disabled the views i didn't use the movie and tv show library showed up faster. could this mean the skin loads up views before they are selected?

This is something that has been discussed numerous time with Aeon as a whole. Like I just said to Paul, heavy textures, user's specs, views, gui settings, and revision all play apart.

Some people have come up with method that they feel work. I have tried them and notice small changes, but not enough to make it worth the time I spent to do it. I can personally live with the black screen. Fanart size also is an issue. I believe xmbc will default to 480 fanart in the next release and if you want better it will be an advancedsettings.xml input. This could help also.

- >>X<< - 2010-05-28

I was going to mention disabling views as it does make a difference on a struggling machine, its not a bad idea to start with a new guisettings.xml either when switching to a newer version of aeon

ekim232

The BBFC flags seem to be working fine but only had time to have a quick look Smile

- robinsj - 2010-05-28

I would like to second that about the default being blu ray... all my files are blu ray mkv rips. Point me to the file that needs to be edited and I will edit it, or if you wouldn't mind Pm'ing me the XML file.... AWESOME SKIN!!

- Lister of Smeg - 2010-05-28

ekim232 Wrote:I won't do a committed change. I am happy to help. If you don't know much about coding, please let me know and I will edit the xml for you and PM it to you. Would take me less than 5 minutes.

Thanks for the offer ekim232,

I don't mind changing the code, but could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

- ekim232 - 2010-05-28

I have a solution to the bluray issue. Are people ok with me making the following changes.

Current Scheme - All mkv's not marked with a filename extension get a dvdrip flag.

New Scheme - All mkv's not marked with a filename extension will get the bluray flag.

My problem with this is I associate BluRay with HD content. Not all mkv content is HD, therefor does not deserve the BluRay flag. I really would like to see a BluRay Rip flag as well. Then I would do the following...

All mkv's not marked with a filename & have a resolution of less than 720 get the Bluray Rip logo (could also be associated with filename of BRRip). All mkv's not marked a filename with 720 or higher can have BluRay logo.

Trouble with that is I currently have never seen a BluRay Rip logo.

- robinsj - 2010-05-28

I think that is a great idea of the blu ray rip idea and the 720 being the deciding factor between rip and blu ray.... Any graphics artists out there create a blu ray rip logo?

- prince1142003 - 2010-05-28

How about this one? It's a quick 5-minute workup in Photoshop. Hightlight/download it to see it better.

- ekim232 - 2010-05-28

Just threw it into the skin and it looks ok. Unless someone comes up with a better one, this will do. I will start coding the changes. Expect them in the next release.

Thanks for the assistance on that!

- Lister of Smeg - 2010-05-28

ekim232 Wrote:I have a solution to the bluray issue. Are people ok with me making the following changes.

Current Scheme - All mkv's not marked with a filename extension get a dvdrip flag.

New Scheme - All mkv's not marked with a filename extension will get the bluray flag.

My problem with this is I associate BluRay with HD content. Not all mkv content is HD, therefor does not deserve the BluRay flag. I really would like to see a BluRay Rip flag as well. Then I would do the following...

All mkv's not marked with a filename & have a resolution of less than 720 get the Bluray Rip logo (could also be associated with filename of BRRip). All mkv's not marked a filename with 720 or higher can have BluRay logo.

Trouble with that is I currently have never seen a BluRay Rip logo.

Thats a great idea.

I think most people with mkv files will be 720p or 1080p bluray's, even though mkv's can be used for "all definitions"

I for one think this is the best solution

- paul - 2010-05-29

Louike Wrote:Thanks for coding my new favorite skin Ekim232.

@Paul: I noticed the movie and tv shows library views were loading a bit slow too. (black screen) However after i disabled the views i didn't use the movie and tv show library showed up faster.

Thank's will give that a go, ps love the new front panels

- backons - 2010-05-29

backons Wrote:First of all this is the best skin ever...
But one question: I wan´t to edit the names in the Full Screen Information when I click "i". The german words are tooo big. I edited all in the strings data exept of Cast. Can you tell me the ID of Cast ( movie actors ) that I can edit it .
Thanks

Can nobody help me with this problem ??
I looked in the strings file in language but I can´t find the entry for "Cast"....

- robinsj - 2010-05-30

Is there any way to shorten the delay on the Wall Info Delay selection? Can I change this in xml file?

- robinsj - 2010-05-30

What file name is it looking for, for the tv show season poster in panelplex view?

- uncertainty - 2010-05-30

prince1142003 Wrote:The placement issue is there on both Aeon_fixed and Aeon_standard fonts.

I'm using r28256 (the last official nightly build before the addons merge) on Windows 7.

BTW, is there a reason Aeon_fixed isn't the default font? I just switched to it after you mentioned it, and it really does breathe a whole new life to the skin compared to Aeon_standard.

Where do u see options for Aeon_fixed or Aeon_standard?

I only have Legacy Dark for font selection under appearance...

thanks

- ekim232 - 2010-05-30

Those are the new standard fonts. It was a fix that has been done.