Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Legacy Dark - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Legacy Dark (/showthread.php?tid=74305)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

DVD Rip patch - crlorentzen - 2010-06-18

Please be gentle this is my first time making a .patch file using diff.

Just installed V.3 today and was getting annoyed that for my TV from DVD was showing both the SD TV and DVD Rip MediaFlags overlapping each other, should have just been DVD Rip. I also was disappointed in my DVD Rips, in the Matroska (mkv) container being shown as blu-ray, I prefer mkv over all other containers.

Includes_MediaFlags_Framed.xml:
http://pastebin.com/j5VLYPvD

Includes_MediaFlags.xml
http://pastebin.com/uBvfjkpw

This patch mainly makes use of filename tagging of "dvdrip". For the DVD Rip Icon I added a specific "or filename contains dvdrip" ' | substring(listitem.filename,dvdrip)' and for both sdtv and blurayrip I specifically modified any entry that has more than one item to have a not dvdrip in the filename.

Seems to work well for me.

- ekim232 - 2010-06-18

Makes sense. I will include it.

- chanders - 2010-06-18

pettson3816 Wrote:I would also like to know if an option for the old home menu will be added.

+1

- ekim232 - 2010-06-18

chanders Wrote:+1

Never going to happen.

- chanders - 2010-06-18

That was fast! Thanks.

- buzz_kill - 2010-06-19

cant wait till you update to 10.5 i was loving your in until i decided to update and now it feels like i am missing something

- Rastan - 2010-06-19

Just tried version 3. Had to dust off my older XBMC installation to see it. I love what I am seeing so far. I too cant wait until you release a 10.5 compatible skin. When that time comes its going to be a close match between Legacy Dark and Transparency! for the no.1 spot on my PC. Its going to have to be a gritty fight to the death...lol

Thanks for your time and effort, it is very much appreciated! Nod

- ekim232 - 2010-06-19

Rastan Wrote:Just tried version 3. Had to dust off my older XBMC installation to see it. I love what I am seeing so far. I too cant wait until you release a 10.5 compatible skin. When that time comes its going to be a close match between Legacy Dark and Transparency! for the no.1 spot on my PC. Its going to have to be a gritty fight to the death...lol

Glad you like it. I don't want to fight Ronie to the death...he knows way tp much and actually has helped me get to where I am with skinning now days. Him, Jezz, and Hitcher have always answered every question with ease. I just like to keep pushing forward and making a skin that is high end, eye appealing, well rounded, and most importantly works.

I have to say now I will do an update to be stable at 10.5 and I will then begin to post pics of my new piece of work. So far it makes this look bad......

- Rastan - 2010-06-19

ekim232 Wrote:Glad you like it. I don't want to fight Ronie to the death...he knows way tp much and actually has helped me get to where I am with skinning now days. Him, Jezz, and Hitcher have always answered every question with ease. I just like to keep pushing forward and making a skin that is high end, eye appealing, well rounded, and most importantly works.

I have to say now I will do an update to be stable at 10.5 and I will then begin to post pics of my new piece of work. So far it makes this look bad......

That is good news!! ...I eagerly look forward to your latest and greatest. Big Grin
I have the upmost respect for all of you guys. You put in your time and effort into making these creations and I know none of this is a 5 minute job or is something you can bang out in an afternoon. It takes a LOT of hard work with long hours of tweaking and testing and designing. This goes on for weeks and months with nothing but your passion for it driving you.

Yourself and all the XBMC skinners and Developers I salute you!

- k1282 - 2010-06-19

hi ekim,
i love this skin. what i am missing though is a more "snappy" navigation through the home screen.

everything is appears to be a bit slow when navigating through the home screen or navigating movies/music.

can it be fixed? is my pc too slow? or is it something i need to live with?

- arik4k - 2010-06-19

1st of all ekim what a beautifull skin wow, thanks for making it and sharing it.
i got a question bout the recently added, for some reason i can't see it ?
do i have to enable it from some where, i use ver 3 of the skin 1st time tryin this one.

thanks for all the help.

- buzz_kill - 2010-06-20

Rastan Wrote:Just tried version 3. Had to dust off my older XBMC installation to see it. I love what I am seeing so far. I too cant wait until you release a 10.5 compatible skin. When that time comes its going to be a close match between Legacy Dark and Transparency! for the no.1 spot on my PC. Its going to have to be a gritty fight to the death...lol

have you tried night? its a nice skin, i was using transparency until i found legacy dark then i upgraded for the new features and heard about night, so until a 10.5 version of this skin comes out i thin will be using night.

- ekim232 - 2010-06-20

arik4k Wrote:1st of all ekim what a beautifull skin wow, thanks for making it and sharing it.
i got a question bout the recently added, for some reason i can't see it ?
do i have to enable it from some where, i use ver 3 of the skin 1st time tryin this one.

thanks for all the help.

Nothing happens when you press up on the homepage. The recently added is hidden until you press up to activate the animation

- Rastan - 2010-06-20

buzz_kill Wrote:have you tried night? its a nice skin, i was using transparency until i found legacy dark then i upgraded for the new features and heard about night, so until a 10.5 version of this skin comes out i thin will be using night.

Yup, I have tried Night. Also an excellent skin, with lots of cool new features. I always end up going back to Transparency. I think it may have something to do with the Horizontal Home screen menu that I have become accustomed to. I tend to prefer skins with lots of different views and in particular ones with poster, fanart and movie info available whilst making it user friendly for large libraries. Legacy Dark and Transparency and some of the older Aeon skins are the only ones which do that. Transparency's slide view is what I am using with the latest svn right now. Can't wait for Legacy Dark to arrive! Big Grin

Which revision - joeshmoe - 2010-06-21

Which revision are folks having luck with. I'm running NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 which is R26018 and everything works well but I'd like to try this skin. Last time I updated my revo wouldn't suspend properly so I'm wondering what revision works with this skin and is fairly stable?