Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Legacy Dark - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Legacy Dark (/showthread.php?tid=74305)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

- keito - 2010-07-02

ekim232 Wrote:Most people should already have it. I just will not be posting my 10.5 supported version or any further updates I have done.

Without my updates Aeon will pretty much die (or have half ass support) unless Phil comes back.
I love you. Either you're a troll, or just a huge ass.

paul Wrote:But this does not work with the latest release as it needs the addon.xml
That should be as simple as writing an addon.xml file, I'm amazed that no one seems to have done it already.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<addon
  id="skin.legacydark"
  version="3"
  name="Legacy Dark"
  provider-name="ekim232">
  <requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="2.11"/>
  </requires>
  <extension
    point="xbmc.gui.skin"
    defaultresolution="720p"
    defaultresolutionwide="720p"
    defaultthemename="textures.xbt"
    effectslowdown="1.0"
    debugging="false"/>
  <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <platform>all</platform>
    <minversion>28000</minversion>
    <summary>Legacy Dark based on Aeon by djh_</summary>
    <summary lang="en">Legacy Dark</summary>
    <description>An HD interface for XBMC</description>
  </extension>
</addon>

- jimmydean1 - 2010-07-03

Did someone run over someone's dog? I'm so confused at what's going on.

- paul - 2010-07-03

jimmydean1 Wrote:Did someone run over someone's dog? I'm so confused at what's going on.
This thread here sheds some light on what's going on http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76466

- jimmydean1 - 2010-07-03

if that thread's contents is really the source of the problem, that's sad.

- paul - 2010-07-03

jimmydean1 Wrote:if that thread's contents is really the source of the problem, that's sad.
Indeed it is sad theres probably a lot more too it than that thread, I guess all skinners feel like throwing in the towel at some point and who can blame them. when people constantly moan about there skins.

With Luck he may have a change of heart as his skills will be missed, if not then so long and thanks for all the fish.......

- keito - 2010-07-03

paul Wrote:This thread here sheds some light on what's going on http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76466
He's got some kind of messiah complex after releasing a couple of Aeon modifications, and has become miserable, finding a little pleasure in shitting down the forums?

Not to say it's not understandable you'd get grumpy, when all you get for your hard work is people complaining about stuff not working, requesting addition modifications/additions or pestering you with questions about when they can get the next release. If you're releasing something for free to the general public, you can't expect more than a few thank you's, really. Most people are ungrateful bastards.

- buzz_kill - 2010-07-03

iansmith Wrote:Alternative Download Link:

http://www.xbmc.eu/telecharger/skins/47-legacy-dark-v3/download.html

thanks for the link got my pc running with the 7/2 nightly and V3 of LD
here is a vid of it in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY_iAdc-It4

- buzz_kill - 2010-07-03

keito Wrote:He's got some kind of messiah complex after releasing a couple of Aeon modifications, and has become miserable, finding a little pleasure in shitting down the forums?

Not to say it's not understandable you'd get grumpy, when all you get for your hard work is people complaining about stuff not working, requesting addition modifications/additions or pestering you with questions about when they can get the next release. If you're releasing something for free to the general public, you can't expect more than a few thank you's, really. Most people are ungrateful bastards.

Nod yeah I have considered him to be a totally horses ass for a while now, but have kept my opinions to myself because he contributes to the community. Angry If he continues this course of action removing what he has shared with everyone up till now, then i think me and others will start showing our true feelings towards him

- paul - 2010-07-04

buzz_kill Wrote:Nod yeah I have considered him to be a totally horses ass for a while now, but have kept my opinions to myself because he contributes to the community. Angry If he continues this course of action removing what he has shared with everyone up till now, then i think me and others will start showing our true feelings towards him
To be honest once he reads your comments then i doubt he will bother creating any more skins/mods which will be a great loss to the community and aeon will most likely die. and if you ask me your a hypocrit for using his skins if you consider him to be an arse.Angry

- ekim232 - 2010-07-04

What cracks me up the most of the people with 5-50 posts have the most opinions. Poeple who have been here for years and contributed hours upon hours of their life to giving everyone free advice, support, skins, and everything in between are the ones who keep their mouth shut.

When I first started doing this, there were about 20 people who consistently posted in these forums and they posted worthwhile stuff. It felt like a constant competition for who could come up with the next best mod, skin, design, or feature. That was fun!!

Friendly support and everyone pitched in where they could. Now it is complaints and demands. It has worn me down and I just don't want to share with these people. I know what I do looks great and I know there are a lot of choices out there that look great as well. I don't think me pulling my stuff will affect anyone.

- pletopia - 2010-07-04

this is a continuation of http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=562691&postcount=408 (or more of what i wanted to post there and here)

wow .. that is F*&KED up .. its one thing to get peeved and stop posting stuff

but to completely delete all your public work .. thats just messed up

come one ekim .. you say you get upset when douches with 5-50 posts say shit .. but grow up .. that shit is gonna happen .. there are douchebags everywhere .. in our real lives and our digital lives .. there is no way around it

and i guess being a 500+ poster i can say this to ya .. i've been around since xbmc was still xbmp on the xbox .. i was around before aeon was aeon stark and/or auriga man .. i'm no newb here

btw .. i do pay hommage to your 20tb .. i thought i was standing pretty with my ~16.5tb Wink

- keito - 2010-07-04

paul Wrote:To be honest once he reads your comments then i doubt he will bother creating any more skins/mods which will be a great loss to the community and aeon will most likely die.
On the contrary, I for one do believe he will keep modifying skins for his six media centers with remotes and keyboards more expensive than Asrock's a pair. He's already made it clear no further updates will be uploaded, so why bother ass licking? Aeon won't die as long as people keep liking it, although it will of course at some point stop getting additional features from the talented users here that have kept maintaining it since original development stopped. If the skin I'm using stopped working at some point, I'd research the necessary steps and update it to work with the new standards. Maybe I'd even share my changes with others if I felt like being nice.

paul Wrote:and if you ask me your a hypocrit for using his skins if you consider him to be an arse.Angry
This I find extremely odd. Even if someone's a total asshole, I'd still be able to appreciate their work if it was good. Just because you dislike a person does not mean you have to dislike everything they do, that would make you more of a hypocrite in my opinion.

ekim232 Wrote:What cracks me up the most of the people with 5-50 posts have the most opinions. Poeple who have been here for years and contributed hours upon hours of their life to giving everyone free advice, support, skins, and everything in between are the ones who keep their mouth shut.
Get over yourself. Seriously. It's not like you're an Internet celebrity just because you've been here for a long time and have got a huge post count, that could just mean you've got too much spare time. If I were retarded I'd play the "yeah whatever I signed up here a year before you so I'm cooler" card, but that doesn't mean anything. If I were to judge from your recent postings only, that number could've been consisting of 90% shitposts. Now, I do recognize that you've been working on Aeon modifications and thus contributed a lot of man-hours into the "community", but removing download links, unless they were hosted on your server and thus costing you bandwith to keep available, is like what a little brat would do; "I don't want to play in the sandbox anymore and you're not gonna have fun with the nice sandcastle I made, so I'm gonna tear it down before leaving". When you've gotten pissed off and taken down your work, you should realize it's extremely tasteless to post things like "Please contribute one thing and then talk to spmeone like me. Until then, bow down....", although I assume (or should I rather say hope) you were half-joking.

ekim232 Wrote:When I first started doing this, there were about 20 people who consistently posted in these forums and they posted worthwhile stuff. It felt like a constant competition for who could come up with the next best mod, skin, design, or feature. That was fun!!

Friendly support and everyone pitched in where they could. Now it is complaints and demands. It has worn me down and I just don't want to share with these people. I know what I do looks great and I know there are a lot of choices out there that look great as well. I don't think me pulling my stuff will affect anyone.
Now this right here are the best paragraphs you have written in a while, kudos for that. Development of Aeon has stalled down, and being basically alone on handling the endless shitstream of ungrateful leeches is something that would get to just about anyone. This is something you have been doing mostly for your own sake, once again an assumption of mine, and when you don't feel like providing for them any more, you should of course not feel any obligations to do so. "I just don't want to share with these people" made me laugh, but in a good way, because it's so sincere. I haven't contributed anything to XBMC and its community, but I've worked hard on other things and know that 99% of all people just swing by to get their fix, no matter how good your work is. I came to realize that's just the way the Internet works, and you can accept it, appreciating the few people that bother to compliment you, or choose not to share any more, which is what you chose. Both are perfectly fine alternatives.

What I do disagree with, is as previously written the way you handled the whole thing. Removing the download links and, especially, running around the forums dropping snide remarks isn't a very adult way to deal with this. Would it really hurt to just let the download links stay, clearly stating that the project has been discontinued and that no support will be offered? You could keep doing updates for yourself without saying "yeah I've made an updated version but you can't have it. Oh by the way I'll send it to paul and my other buddies". As you do seem to care about your online reputation, do you really want to be remembered as "that uptight bitch skinner"?

I've never actually even used any of your skins, but I looked at the screenshot gallery for this one the other day, and it looks absolutely beautiful. You're obviously a talented designer, but that does not give you any rights to be an ass even though most people are selfish dicks. That's unfortunately just the way humanity is.

- jimmydean1 - 2010-07-04

I'm struggling to find one negative post here before the drama crap. Near universal applause and accolades. I'm so confused as to what exactly prompted the rage.

- DK10 - 2010-07-10

Quick question for anyone running the nightly builds. Yes I realize the skin is not made for the new releases currently but it mostly functions fine.

My library totals (Watched and Unwatched) are both blank for TV and Movies. When I load up the 10.5 compatible release and then switch back to Dark Legacy the totals appear and stay till I restart XBMC. Obviously some sort of caching happens that is allowing this to function.

Anyone know what needs to be edited to get the totals working correctly on the nightlies?

thanks

- buzz_kill - 2010-07-10

DK10 Wrote:Quick question for anyone running the nightly builds. Yes I realize the skin is not made for the new releases currently but it mostly functions fine.

My library totals (Watched and Unwatched) are both blank for TV and Movies. When I load up the 10.5 compatible release and then switch back to Dark Legacy the totals appear and stay till I restart XBMC. Obviously some sort of caching happens that is allowing this to function.

Anyone know what needs to be edited to get the totals working correctly on the nightlies?

thanks

you need to copy the RecentlyAdded.py from a properly updated 10.5 skin to the extras folder in the skin.Legacy Dark-V.3 folder