[RELEASE] Legacy Dark - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Legacy Dark (/showthread.php?tid=74305)
- jimmydean1 - 2010-06-21 22:28
Ekim - I LOVE the recently added for TV and Movies. They look great. Two thoughts on them.
1. My wife and I watch different things on the media center, and while I usually directly know what i'm looking for, she's a browser, and she likes reading the Info for all the different movies and shows. Would it be possible to have an Info Tab toggle for the recently added? I was thinking something like what you have for the Movie Wall view so it doesn't have to change the overall layout, and instead just has a popup.
She will often check the recently added but unless she knows what it is already, she'll have to then go find it on the movie wall to find the movie info.
2. Do you have any plan in the future to integrate any type of RSS feed support? Particularly, i'm not really interested in RSS news in the skin, but rather a ticker of recently added files that's unobtrusive, and not selectable, but simply tells recent additions without obstructing the layout. I hacked together my own RSS feed for this on a confluence mod in months past. Just some thoughts.
I made a Games Icon compilation for my own use I'll upload in a bit for anyone who wants to use it.
Excellent Skin, I really appreciate the time you're putting into this!
- jimmydean1 - 2010-06-21 22:31
joeshmoe Wrote:Which revision are folks having luck with. I'm running NVIDIA ION optimized XBMC Live 9.11 which is R26018 and everything works well but I'd like to try this skin. Last time I updated my revo wouldn't suspend properly so I'm wondering what revision works with this skin and is fairly stable?
I'm running the standard Stable 9.11 build. Out of curiosity. Which distribution are you using? (Source link would be awesome). Also which media hardware are you using? How well do 1080P movies play? How about the theme gui?
I'm using a standard media center with a full graphics card but my buddy is considering a cheaper all-in-one Ion unit.
- ekim232 - 2010-06-21 22:51
jimmydean1 Wrote:Ekim - I LOVE the recently added for TV and Movies. They look great. Two thoughts on them.
1. I will look into an optional popup for the recently added. If I can find a way to put it together nicely I will throw it in.
-One suggestion for your wife would be to make better use of the recently added icon in the submenu. I always use it for movies. It defaults to your 25 recent, but with advancedsettings.xml you can make it whatever you want. It should have several views available for it that provide the info panels.
2. RSS is on my to-do. I have never once turned it on, so I completely forgot about it until recently. It will be part of the next release.
- >>X<< - 2010-06-21 23:01
ekim232 Wrote:-One suggestion for your wife would be to make better use of the recently added icon in the submenu.
I guess he hasn't found it yet
Press down on movies and choose recent
- joeshmoe - 2010-06-22 03:08
jimmydean1 Wrote:I'm running the standard Stable 9.11 build. Out of curiosity. Which distribution are you using? (Source link would be awesome). Also which media hardware are you using? How well do 1080P movies play? How about the theme gui?
I'm running the Team XBMCFreak version from HERE on a revo AR1600 with an extra gig of memory. I've never had an issue playing 1080P. Even full blu ray rips play fine. I started out with windows 7 media center and that was fairly sluggish but XBMC works like a champ.
- jimmydean1 - 2010-06-22 11:42
>>X<< Wrote:I guess he hasn't found it yet
I'm aware of it, but we don't really use it. It's several clicks away plus we're not really looking for that much data. To be honest, I REALLY like the view for TV/Movies Recent when pressing up I just wish they had that info tab.
Keep up the good work! And feel free to add a donation link somewhere, especially if you're including requests
- fr500 - 2010-06-26 06:42
Hey, a couple of questions
1. Recentlyadded,py fails when I enable recentlyadded icons, I don't understand how to fix that
2. Library Totals show nothing just Movies:|Watched:, any idea of why?
- iansmith - 2010-06-26 21:56
Is there a download link?
Only link i can see on the 1st post is for an album of screenshots.
- prince1142003 - 2010-06-26 22:53
fr500 Wrote:Hey, a couple of questionsIf you're using the latest nightly builds, you need to replace the RecentlyAdded.py provided with the skin with the one that comes with the new builds.
- paul - 2010-06-26 23:39
Question, where did the download link go? as it's gone from where it was.
Maybe i need my eyes testing