Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=74474)

- solver - 2010-09-23

gilsil Wrote:Hi,
is there any update for the script that is compatible for us xbox users? the current svn one doesnt seem to work on xbox (xbmc build from a couple of weeks ago: 30591).
thanks,
gilsil

Try svn now. I've been going through the code and it should be compatible with XBOX now. Still, consider it as beta.

Known issues:
- No cover art
- Doesn't show the next playing song
- Search doesn't give suggestions for search terms

Could you report back if it works or not? If it does I'll release it "officially" on the download page.

- dominater01 - 2010-09-24

solver Wrote:Try svn now. I've been going through the code and it should be compatible with XBOX now. Still, consider it as beta.

Known issues:
- No cover art

Could you report back if it works or not? If it does I'll release it "officially" on the download page.
its working now for xbox thanks

how do i erase now playing songs? when i press a it just plays the song?

- tommienu - 2010-09-24

solver Wrote:If you're running it on Dharma then just turn on shuffle in the XBMC playlist ;-)
Doh, of course! Can't believe that I didn't try that first Smile

Thanks!

- gilsil - 2010-09-24

solver Wrote:Try svn now. I've been going through the code and it should be compatible with XBOX now. Still, consider it as beta.

Known issues:
- No cover art

Hi Solver, it works again, great! there are a few bugs as u mentioned and also it looses the background and the list when i toggle to visualization and back. another thing is that the playing of songs seems unstable. sometimes it does everything else BUT playing the songs. perhaps communication problems with the GS servers?
thanks for the efforts, it is one of the best scripts, and probably the one i use most, gilsil

- solver - 2010-09-24

gilsil Wrote:Hi Solver, it works again, great! there are a few bugs as u mentioned and also it looses the background and the list when i toggle to visualization and back.
another thing is that the playing of songs seems unstable. sometimes it does everything else BUT playing the songs. perhaps communication problems with the GS servers?
Strange about the background and list - haven't seen that one before. The GS servers are sometimes a bit moody. But the script lacks a fall-back mechanism if communication with the GS server fails. I'll see if I can't do something about that. Could you post a debug log to pastebin from when you switch to visualization and back? Remember to turn on debugging both in the script and in XBMC.

- solver - 2010-09-24

dominater01 Wrote:how do i erase now playing songs? when i press a it just plays the song?

It's not there yet but I'll add it.

- mbnet - 2010-09-24

Known issues:
- No cover art

Is there an update for the xbox? I checked the google page for grooveshark and found nothing new.

Thanks for all the work you do solver... great script!

- solver - 2010-09-24

mbnet Wrote:Is there an update for the xbox? I checked the google page for grooveshark and found nothing new.
You have to do a "svn checkout" to get the new code. Look under source.

- marv_el - 2010-09-25

i don't know why, but the "search" button is still broken on version 0.2.8, nothing happens when i click on it, neither on my desktop pc nor on my htpc.

anyone else experience the same?

- dominater01 - 2010-09-25

solver Wrote:Strange about the background and list - haven't seen that one before. The GS servers are sometimes a bit moody. But the script lacks a fall-back mechanism if communication with the GS server fails. I'll see if I can't do something about that. Could you post a debug log to pastebin from when you switch to visualization and back? Remember to turn on debugging both in the script and in XBMC.

i think i know why its cuz the script runs perfect on t3ch builds but sschs builds seam to not like the script much

proof heres a pic on a t3ch build

t3ch log file http://pastebin.com/42g39dJi

and heres a ssch build

here a log file for a ssch build http://pastebin.com/NLpPsz1J

- mbnet - 2010-09-25

solver Wrote:You have to do a "svn checkout" to get the new code. Look under source.

Im new to svn and downloads from projects.
I can see the changes made to these files.
r165 Compatibility fixes for XBOX
r164 Compatibility fixes for XBOX

But how do I download the updated files?

Many thanks.

Regards Mbnet.

- solver - 2010-09-25

marv_el Wrote:i don't know why, but the "search" button is still broken on version 0.2.8, nothing happens when i click on it, neither on my desktop pc nor on my htpc.

anyone else experience the same?

Please read the first post in this thread on how to submit a bug. That way I'm pretty sure I can help you ;-)

- solver - 2010-09-25

mbnet Wrote:Im new to svn and downloads from projects.
I can see the changes made to these files.
r165 Compatibility fixes for XBOX
r164 Compatibility fixes for XBOX

But how do I download the updated files?

Many thanks.

Regards Mbnet.

On windows use something like tortoise svn. On linux install subversion. Google can provide the details ;-)

- marv_el - 2010-09-25

sorry, havent read the first page.
i submitted the bug and attached a debug log. there are several error messages...

thanks,
marv

- solver - 2010-09-25

dominater01 Wrote:i think i know why its cuz the script runs perfect on t3ch builds but sschs builds seam to not like the script much

Sorry, if that is the case then I can't help - I wouldn't know how. Nothing seems to differ in the two log files so no help there. You need somebody who's fluent in XBOX...