Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=74474)

Grooveshark isn't to be found under Music add-ons - mwthrane - 2010-10-09

Hello

I have installed the Grooveshark add-on, but I cant find it under Music Add-ons. I have enabled the log in the add-on. But where can i find the log so I can post it?

Im using dharma 2 and aeon65 theme. But I couldnt get it working under dharma 1 either.

Thanks!

- solver - 2010-10-09

mwthrane Wrote:Hello

I have installed the Grooveshark add-on, but I cant find it under Music Add-ons. I have enabled the log in the add-on. But where can i find the log so I can post it?

Im using dharma 2 and aeon65 theme. But I couldnt get it working under dharma 1 either.

Thanks!
There's gonna be minimal info about the addon in the log if you can't even run it. That said, post the xbmc log (the addon outputs all debugging to the xbmc log) to pastebin and I'll have a look.

- PKOneTwo - 2010-10-10

I can't run it either. I even can't run (since a few builds) any other addon!
Using latest win directx build from sshcs!

- mwthrane - 2010-10-11

solver Wrote:There's gonna be minimal info about the addon in the log if you can't even run it. That said, post the xbmc log (the addon outputs all debugging to the xbmc log) to pastebin and I'll have a look.

Thanks for your reply!

The log is here:
http://pastebin.com/RFptdZtT

- aptalca - 2010-10-11

hey solver,

I read earlier about people reporting issues with the search option not bringing up the virtual keyboard. I was just wondering if they were able to provide you with a proper debug log if not I can get one as I am having the same issue with the latest update.

thanks

- solver - 2010-10-11

mwthrane Wrote:Thanks for your reply!

The log is here:
http://pastebin.com/RFptdZtT

Sorry, nothing out of the ordinary in the log. I tried what you're describing with the youtube script once. I believe I solved it by reinstalling xbmc. I think it might be something with the addon system...

- solver - 2010-10-11

aptalca Wrote:hey solver,

I read earlier about people reporting issues with the search option not bringing up the virtual keyboard. I was just wondering if they were able to provide you with a proper debug log if not I can get one as I am having the same issue with the latest update.

thanks

Still trying to figure out what's causing it. I certainly wouldn't mind if you could upload a log.

- aptalca - 2010-10-11

Here is the log

I turned on debugging in both xbmc and the addon, restarted, entered addon and clicked on search. Then I played a song and tried search again but nothing happened (other than the song playing)

Hope it helps

EDIT: In this log, I just select search a bunch of times in a row :-) log should be easier to read

- solver - 2010-10-12

aptalca Wrote:Here is the log

I turned on debugging in both xbmc and the addon, restarted, entered addon and clicked on search. Then I played a song and tried search again but nothing happened (other than the song playing)

Hope it helps

EDIT: In this log, I just select search a bunch of times in a row :-) log should be easier to read

Does "W:\Users\aptalca\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.audio.grooveshark\GrooveGUI.py" exists? If it does then you are running 0.2.7 and you should reinstall the script to get 0.2.8. If you're still getting 0.2.7 then delete "W:\Users\aptalca\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\packages\script.audio.grooveshark-0.2.7.zip" and try again. Hope it helps

- aptalca - 2010-10-12

solver Wrote:Does "W:\Users\aptalca\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.audio.grooveshark\GrooveGUI.py" exists? If it does then you are running 0.2.7 and you should reinstall the script to get 0.2.8. If you're still getting 0.2.7 then delete "W:\Users\aptalca\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\packages\script.audio.grooveshark-0.2.7.zip" and try again. Hope it helps

Yes the file exists. However, in the addon settings in xbmc, it indicates that I am using 0.2.8 and I had recently updated through xbmc.

I uninstalled and reinstalled through xbmc addons and it works now. I see the new fancy search window.

Does that mean it broke for all (windows?) users that updated?

- solver - 2010-10-12

aptalca Wrote:Yes the file exists. However, in the addon settings in xbmc, it indicates that I am using 0.2.8 and I had recently updated through xbmc.

I uninstalled and reinstalled through xbmc addons and it works now. I see the new fancy search window.

Does that mean it broke for all (windows?) users that updated?

In principle it should have affected all platforms, windows and linux alike fx. Though I'm not sure that it did. It was caused by a bad pull from my repo to the xbmc repo which should only have affected the jump from 0.2.6 to 0.2.7 but in some cases if effects 0.2.8 as well. I'm gonna update the first post of thread about this issue. Thanks for the help.

- paccer - 2010-10-14

first of all - awesome plugin!

Regarding the search function, i had same problem on Linux (Ubuntu 10.04) - and uninstalling/installing fixed the problem as suggested.

Today, i cant seem to log in - or rather.. clicking "Playlists" will give me the following error:
"Error
Failed to login. Check your login details in settings"

i did not change my login info - and it worked yesterday..
i have checked my login details without success.
Still works flawlessly via normal grooveshark.com website in browser.

- solver - 2010-10-15

paccer Wrote:Today, i cant seem to log in - or rather.. clicking "Playlists" will give me the following error:
"Error
Failed to login. Check your login details in settings"

API changes again. I'm looking into it, but I'm not sure when/if it will be fixed. I'll keep you posted.

Login works again in 0.2.9 - solver - 2010-10-16

The login should work again. I've requested a pull from my repo so the new version should show up shortly. If you're impatient you can update to version 0.2.9 using the zip-file method.

- mbnet - 2010-10-16

Thanks for all the work you do solver.