Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=74474)

- dominater01 - 2010-10-17

solver Wrote:The login should work again. I've requested a pull from my repo so the new version should show up shortly. If you're impatient you can update to version 0.2.9 using the zip-file method.

login works but 2 things need fixing for xbox users

1. most songs have trouble connecting to the server to play the song

and

2. the new exit button works but to get to it you have to press up you cant keep presing down and select it

- solver - 2010-10-17

dominater01 Wrote:login works but 2 things need fixing for xbox users

1. most songs have trouble connecting to the server to play the song

This seems to be an XBOX issue. Some strange behavior is evident from the log you provided on the issue tracker. It always gets the correct url but for some reason it discards it saying it's not an url. Notice the following lines in the log you provided:
Code:
318 09:53:52 M:  5251072   DEBUG:   msg: Filename for url is now http://stream36c.grooveshark.com/stream.php?streamKey=941b07d1abce4b8e8213 <-- Finds the correct streaming URL
319 09:53:52 M:  5251072   DEBUG:   msg: Filename for url is now <-- Discards the URL for some reason
320 09:53:52 M:  5251072   DEBUG:   msg: Not an URL! <-- Surprise
I use it on linux and it hardly ever has trouble playing songs.
dominater01 Wrote:2. the new exit button works but to get to it you have to press up you cant keep presing down and select it
Whoops, fixed in SVN

- dominater01 - 2010-10-18

anyway you could check an old build that used to play songs on xbox and c if theres anything you or groovesharks api changed cuz it used to work beautifully b4 groovesharks login keeps messing up

maybe check one of the old builds from your download page with the zip files

those versions used to play excellent but this new version seems to not like playing the url

sometimes it doesnt say not an url sometimes it searches for the link then nothing plays

Edit: another suggestion sence you dont own an xbox to development on download the xbox emulater and c if that works

- Hack_kid - 2010-10-26

hey solver,

I use your script and love it on the xbox only problem is some songs fail to play with an discarded url error any idea how to fix this? i really apreaciate your work.

Thanks

- Flomaster - 2010-10-26

using beta 3....

I downloaded via addons repo.
I attempted to navigate to settings via the grooveshark addons.

xbmc froze up all 3 times.

i had to go into addons , music addons and click grooveshard. from there i was able to enter my username and password.

-=jason=-

- solver - 2010-10-27

Flomaster Wrote:using beta 3....

I downloaded via addons repo.
I attempted to navigate to settings via the grooveshark addons.

xbmc froze up all 3 times.

i had to go into addons , music addons and click grooveshard. from there i was able to enter my username and password.

-=jason=-

I can confirm that... weird. I'll look into it.

- solver - 2010-10-27

dominater01 Wrote:anyway you could check an old build that used to play songs on xbox and c if theres anything you or groovesharks api changed cuz it used to work beautifully b4 groovesharks login keeps messing up

maybe check one of the old builds from your download page with the zip files

those versions used to play excellent but this new version seems to not like playing the url

sometimes it doesnt say not an url sometimes it searches for the link then nothing plays

Edit: another suggestion sence you dont own an xbox to development on download the xbox emulater and c if that works

Hack_kid Wrote:hey solver,

I use your script and love it on the xbox only problem is some songs fail to play with an discarded url error any idea how to fix this? i really apreaciate your work.

Thanks

The thing is that I haven't changed anything in the playback functions. Nor has the API changed regarding getting the streaming urls. But I'll keep it in mind but I can't really promise anything.

- dominater01 - 2010-10-28

i got some good news for xbox people i just found out how to fix streaming problem

run xbmc goto settings/music/playback/default player and change that to mplayer then run grooveshark and c if that fixes the problem

it took me awhile to figure this out but better late then never

solver can you add remove songs, add to playlist, save playlist buttons again some reason these settings only show up under a playlist

- mbnet - 2010-10-28

dominater01 Wrote:i got some good news for xbox people i just found out how to fix streaming problem

run xbmc goto settings/music/playback/default player and change that to mplayer then run grooveshark and c if that fixes the problem

solver can you add remove songs, add to playlist, save playlist buttons again some reason these settings only show up under a playlist

Thanks! For all the help you do for us xbox users.

- Hack_kid - 2010-10-29

dominater01 Wrote:i got some good news for xbox people i just found out how to fix streaming problem

Really what build are you using? I tryed doing this and it ddnt change anything. still same songs didnt play. Also have you figured out a way to shuffle songs. anyone have the code to add it as a button i tryed turning shuffle on in xbmc but it doesnt do anything

- dominater01 - 2010-10-29

Hack_kid Wrote:Really what build are you using? I tryed doing this and it ddnt change anything. still same songs didnt play. Also have you figured out a way to shuffle songs. anyone have the code to add it as a button i tryed turning shuffle on in xbmc but it doesnt do anything

latest sshcs build for xbox remeber to use the pm3 skin (not the hd one)

also t3ch build is old and the site aint even around anymore so i recommend google sschs xbmc

- Hack_kid - 2010-10-29

what exact date? or rev? and why does skin matter for playback? its not even loaded when the script is not trying to be rude just trying to figure out why it doesnt work for me

- dominater01 - 2010-10-29

Hack_kid Wrote:what exact date? or rev? and why does skin matter for playback? its not even loaded when the script is not trying to be rude just trying to figure out why it doesnt work for me

well i have xbmc4xbox 3.0 beta 2 r30703

also i never said skin would affect playback im just saying that there are skin issues with grooveshark and works best with pm3

edit: acording to gilsil the script has problems playing songs to on other skins so it looks like pm3 or nothing

- Hack_kid - 2010-10-29

well that makes no sense. i'll test it right now. it works on pm3 ill test with confluence. does anyone know how to add a shuffle button to the script, should be simple enough i'm assuming

EDIT: Works fine in confluence. and heres a hint use DVDPlayer as audio player then progress bar works! Smile

- Hack_kid - 2010-10-29

ok found something interesting. if you patch xbmc with the xbmcaddon.py along with simplejson pll and sqllite2 in the lib folder you can use the script in post camolt state (i.e. dahama or whatever its called) only problemis playback errors because i dont think the xbox supports the protocol to run the script as a plugin to integrate the playlist into NOW PLAYING if we can fix this serro we can run this like on the PC with thumbnails and shuffling

here is some info from the log

Code:
01:41:44 M:  5943296   DEBUG:   msg:
                                            Playing plugin://script.audio.grooveshark/?playSong=26211851.
01:41:44 M:  5943296   DEBUG:   msg: find subtitles
01:41:44 M:  5943296   DEBUG:   msg: auto open Z:\subtitle
01:41:44 M:  5943296   DEBUG:   msg: Filename for url is now plugin://script.audio.grooveshark/?playSong=26211851
01:41:44 M:  5943296   DEBUG:   msg: protocol:plugin
01:41:44 M:  5943296   DEBUG:   msg: use standard file for protocol:plugin
01:41:44 M:  5943296   DEBUG:   msg: Option stream url: This URL doesn't have a hostname part.
01:41:44 M:  5922816   DEBUG:   msg: WINSOCK2 init: 0
01:41:44 M:  5922816 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(plugin) in plugin://script.audio.grooveshark/?playSong=26211851
01:41:44 M:  5922816   DEBUG:   msg: File not found: '?playSong=26211851'
01:41:44 M:  5943296   DEBUG:   msg: Failed to open plugin://script.audio.grooveshark/?playSong=26211851.
01:41:44 M:  5943296   DEBUG:   msg: unable to open stream
01:41:44 M:  5943296   ERROR: CMPlayer::OpenFile plugin://script.audio.grooveshark/?playSong=26211851 failed with code 0
01:41:44 M:  5943296   DEBUG: CMPlayer::CloseFile()