Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=74474)

- nvous23 - 2010-11-03

I couldn't figure out how to update using svn so I just did svn checkout http://grooveshark-for-xbmc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ grooveshark-for-xbmc and then copied the contents of the folder over the script.audio.grooveshark folder in /Addons. Once I did that the version info in xbmc updated to .3 but now it is crashing while trying to open the stream.

Here is the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/bLS5etzj

Version 0.3.0 compatible with Dharma Beta 4 - solver - 2010-11-04

Hi,

Version 0.3.0 is on its way to the addon manager. See the first post for a changelog. It should fix the problems that people have pointed out.

XBOX users:
I'll release 0.3.0 for XBOX in a couple of days with all features enabled except for integration with XBMC playlist. For now you can get the latest code in svn which should work.

Camelot users:
I'll no longer be officially supporting Camelot. There's to much work involved in supporting all three platforms and with Dharma's near release there's IMO no point.

- dominater01 - 2010-11-04

hey solver nice update it runs nice everything works i love how it grabs images now but noticed when i press x the default song cover is blank but in the script it shows images anyway you could add that feature

another request can you move or get rid of that in the picture in the script

- jolid - 2010-11-04

dominater01 Wrote:another request can you move or get rid of that in the picture in the script

I wonder if thats not the cdart feature that you´re seeing? try turning it off.

- dominater01 - 2010-11-04

jolid Wrote:I wonder if thats not the cdart feature that you´re seeing? try turning it off.

where do i turn that off at i looked everywhere in the music settings in xbmc and tried turning alot of stuff off and still nothing

edit: it seems to be a skin issue that only shows up with pm3 but with confluence when you start a song press x then press x again the skin for grooveshark dissapears and i cant do nothing but reset the xbox

Logging in problem - Emegra - 2010-11-04

Hi Everyone I'm new to this site although not particularly new to xbmc which i love Apologies in advance if I've posted this in the wrong thread but I'm looking for a bit of help or advice, For some reason when I try to log in to Grooveshark on my xbox I get an error message "failed to log in check settings" or something like that,however I've checked and double checked and I know I'm entering the right user name and password I've even opened a new account with the same results I can still search for songs and play them but I just can't log into my account although I can log in on my pc ok. I've tried versions v01.1.3 & v02.2.8 and both do the same thing I've also tried version v0.2.9 which only loads the screen but no functions work I'm using xbmc version r30673 and cant be sure if it is the build that is the problem as it used to work fine on an earlier build, unfortunately I am not as clever as most people on this site when it comes to computers or programming so any help or advice from someone more knowledgeable would be deeply appreciated

- dominater01 - 2010-11-05

Emegra Wrote:Hi Everyone I'm new to this site although not particularly new to xbmc which i love Apologies in advance if I've posted this in the wrong thread but I'm looking for a bit of help or advice, For some reason when I try to log in to Grooveshark on my xbox I get an error message "failed to log in check settings" or something like that,however I've checked and double checked and I know I'm entering the right user name and password I've even opened a new account with the same results I can still search for songs and play them but I just can't log into my account although I can log in on my pc ok. I've tried versions v01.1.3 & v02.2.8 and both do the same thing I've also tried version v0.2.9 which only loads the screen but no functions work I'm using xbmc version r30673 and cant be sure if it is the build that is the problem as it used to work fine on an earlier build, unfortunately I am not as clever as most people on this site when it comes to computers or programming so any help or advice from someone more knowledgeable would be deeply appreciated

it might be a cache issue go to xbmc/userdata/ then delete script data or try to login b4 you go on grooveshark

- Hack_kid - 2010-11-05

dominater01 Wrote:where do i turn that off at i looked everywhere in the music settings in xbmc and tried turning alot of stuff off and still nothing

edit: it seems to be a skin issue that only shows up with pm3 but with confluence when you start a song press x then press x again the skin for grooveshark dissapears and i cant do nothing but reset the xbox

try updating. i got that before on an older build. there is a mem leak somewhere if you turn debugging on it tells you. but i dont think its the script i think its python or something. no way to avoid it really dont over work the box i guess is my only advice which sound stupid

wish i could be more help

- Emegra - 2010-11-05

dominater01 Wrote:it might be a cache issue go to xbmc/userdata/ then delete script data or try to login b4 you go on grooveshark

Hi Dominator and thanks for answering my post, I tried what you suggested, I deleted the whole script data folder not just the grooveshark entry inside it I hope that's right but to no avail I still get the "failed to log in message" but many thanks for your suggestion if you or anyone else can think of anything else I can try I'd be extremely gratefull

- dominater01 - 2010-11-05

Emegra Wrote:Hi Dominator and thanks for answering my post, I tried what you suggested, I deleted the whole script data folder not just the grooveshark entry inside it I hope that's right but to no avail I still get the "failed to log in message" but many thanks for your suggestion if you or anyone else can think of anything else I can try I'd be extremely gratefull

well another thing you could try is delete all the pyo file in the script so everything is fresh c if that works cuz i know the login aint busted as i have v2.9

- solver - 2010-11-05

Emegra Wrote:Hi Everyone I'm new to this site although not particularly new to xbmc which i love Apologies in advance if I've posted this in the wrong thread but I'm looking for a bit of help or advice, For some reason when I try to log in to Grooveshark on my xbox I get an error message "failed to log in check settings" or something like that,however I've checked and double checked and I know I'm entering the right user name and password I've even opened a new account with the same results I can still search for songs and play them but I just can't log into my account although I can log in on my pc ok. I've tried versions v01.1.3 & v02.2.8 and both do the same thing I've also tried version v0.2.9 which only loads the screen but no functions work I'm using xbmc version r30673 and cant be sure if it is the build that is the problem as it used to work fine on an earlier build, unfortunately I am not as clever as most people on this site when it comes to computers or programming so any help or advice from someone more knowledgeable would be deeply appreciated

If you upload a log to pastebin I'm sure we can figure it out.

Preliminary support for radio/autoplay - solver - 2010-11-05

I've added preliminary support for radio/autoplay in Grooveshark for Dharma. It would be helpful if I could get some feedback on it so if you feel up for it get the latest code in svn and try it out.
So far the support is pretty basic but any and all feedback about is appreciated.

- Emegra - 2010-11-05

dominater01 Wrote:well another thing you could try is delete all the pyo file in the script so everything is fresh c if that works cuz i know the login aint busted as i have v2.9

Thanks again Dominator for your help I tried what you suggested but unfortunately it didn't work but many thanks for your effort I'm going to try and paste a debug log in my next post I've never done that before so hopefully I get it right and give yourself and others a clearer picture thanks

solver Wrote:If you upload a log to pastebin I'm sure we can figure it out.

Hi Solver thanks for offering to help here's the debug log I just hope I've done this right http://pastebin.ca/1983233

- dominater01 - 2010-11-06

Emegra Wrote:Hi Solver thanks for offering to help here's the debug log I just hope I've done this right http://pastebin.ca/1983233

looks to me your grooveshark version is old update it

i can c from the debug log that you have grooveshark with blue skin and thats really old like the very first build