Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=74474)

- solver - 2010-12-10

Hack_kid Wrote:hey solver script so coming along nicely. acouple things. I noticed the thumbs for songs that have no thumb no longer works. its just blank. any idea why?
Yep, I'll see if I can't fix it.

Hack_kid Wrote:also any word on chainging the xbox "shuffle" to actual shuffle rright now its random. would it not be easier to just have a 5th player control button that is shuffle and when pressed simply shuffles whats in Now playing into a random order each time its pressed?
The best I can say right now is that I'll add it at some point. My dissertation is taking up most of my time.

Hack_kid Wrote:I dont know how if this can be dones cuz of legal issues but can we save the currint playing song to the hard drive some how? thanks in adavnce

It's possible. Although I'm not going to do it unless it's for cache purposes - don't wanna rock the boat.

- solver - 2010-12-10

dominater01 Wrote:heres hopefully a debug log of just the skin issue for now

http://pastebin.com/h1uKJuK4

heres a log hopefully showing you why its freezing
http://pastebin.com/HsECUa3u

I'll have a look at it

- OdieGiblet - 2010-12-10

Hey, great addon! I've been searching for a good simple streaming audio addon and this seems to be my solution.

A couple questions,

On the main screen, for popular it shows Songs - 50 Found, Artists - 0 Found, Albums - 0 Found, Playlists - 0 Found. Is it supposed to be like this? or are there popular artists on Grooveshark?

I have my media center used by other people of my household who aren't terribly computer savvy. So I'm trying to keep the system as basic as possible. And hitting the left button and navigating to Exit is just a little bit too complicated for them. So I edited your code, when somebody hits the back button and they're on the top level of navigation, it now exits your plugin. Something you may want to consider since most addons seem to follow this.

And when searching for artists, I see in the background there's those neat windows which show the search results per artist/album/song. Is there a way to navigate to these windows to select the one I want?

- devm - 2010-12-11

Hi Solver and others!

This script is definitely one of the best for xbmc, replacing your entire music library with web-editable streaming playlists is the bee's knees. Any plans for introducing the shuffle feature? That is really the only major omission i see in an otherwise perfectly functioning script. It sucks listening to a playlist in the same order all the time.

Sorry to whine about this some more, but it will basically be better than any xmas gift I will receive if you implemented a shuffle feature.

- dominater01 - 2010-12-11

devm Wrote:Hi Solver and others!

This script is definitely one of the best for xbmc, replacing your entire music library with web-editable streaming playlists is the bee's knees. Any plans for introducing the shuffle feature? That is really the only major omission i see in an otherwise perfectly functioning script. It sucks listening to a playlist in the same order all the time.

Sorry to whine about this some more, but it will basically be better than any xmas gift I will receive if you implemented a shuffle feature.

you know there is a shuffle button in the settings right?

- devm - 2010-12-11

/facepalm

Serious??

Well In 0.3.1, and I see more options under settings now, but umm... still no shuffle? I can change the player from "auto" to other values, but there is nothing else under the playback sub menu.

Changelog says 0.3.0 > "New Feature:Shuffle on XBOX. Can be enabled in settings."

You wouldn't happen to be running xbmc on an XBOX are you? Or am I just a moron who cannot find the shuffle setting....

- solver - 2010-12-11

devm Wrote:/facepalm

Serious??

Well In 0.3.1, and I see more options under settings now, but umm... still no shuffle? I can change the player from "auto" to other values, but there is nothing else under the playback sub menu.

Changelog says 0.3.0 > "New Feature:Shuffle on XBOX. Can be enabled in settings."

You wouldn't happen to be running xbmc on an XBOX are you? Or am I just a moron who cannot find the shuffle setting....

The script integrates the streams in XBMC's native playlist on Dharma. So if you want to shuffle the playlist just turn it on in 'Now playing' in XBMC. Have a look here.

- solver - 2010-12-11

OdieGiblet Wrote:On the main screen, for popular it shows Songs - 50 Found, Artists - 0 Found, Albums - 0 Found, Playlists - 0 Found. Is it supposed to be like this? or are there popular artists on Grooveshark?

The first time you run the script it'll get the popular songs on grooveshark. If you want popular albums and artists as well then hit 'Popular' in the menu.

OdieGiblet Wrote:I have my media center used by other people of my household who aren't terribly computer savvy. So I'm trying to keep the system as basic as possible. And hitting the left button and navigating to Exit is just a little bit too complicated for them. So I edited your code, when somebody hits the back button and they're on the top level of navigation, it now exits your plugin. Something you may want to consider since most addons seem to follow this.

I actually had it working like that once but I didn't like it ;-) But I could add an option in settings so this behavior can be enabled. You can put a feature request on my google code page for this. See the first post in this thread on how to do that. Remember to label it as an 'Enhancement'.

OdieGiblet Wrote:And when searching for artists, I see in the background there's those neat windows which show the search results per artist/album/song. Is there a way to navigate to these windows to select the one I want?

Hit escape and you can choose one of the suggestions. If you are using the MCE remote then hit 'Start'. I'm thinking about changing this behavior so that it, hopefully, becomes more intuitive.

hey solver i think i fixed the skin problem what i did is i changed the player to auto and everything was fine i think the reason the skin was disapearing was the mplayer has a leak in it aparently

i havent played grooveshark alot so i didnt noticed a freeze but if that went away to i`ll let you know

- solver - 2010-12-11

dominater01 Wrote:hey solver i think i fixed the skin problem what i did is i changed the player to auto and everything was fine i think the reason the skin was disapearing was the mplayer has a leak in it aparently

i havent played grooveshark alot so i didnt noticed a freeze but if that went away to i`ll let you know

Okay, sounds good. Hope it turns out to be the solution.

Getting rid of the large delay between songs on Dharma - solver - 2010-12-11

As the title says. Have a look at the first post in this thread under FAQ for a workaround.

Cheers

solver Wrote:Okay, sounds good. Hope it turns out to be the solution.

well it lasts longer but the same issues happen after a little while

- Hack_kid - 2010-12-13

dominater01 Wrote:well it lasts longer but the same issues happen after a little while

Here do this. I have it working 100% no thumbs though

1) set player to Mplayer (i know i know makes no sense)
2) turn cover art for now playing song and searches off (i dont think now playing needs to be off but a lot of my songs dont have thumbs and the no thumb placeholder img wont come up unlesss they are disabled solver is aware of this)
3) open up grooveshark.py in a text editor. scroll down not too far just a little after the search_limit 250 line and where it defines all the names like PLAYLISTS etc and look for def onInit(self): and put xbmc.sleep (500) below it, and one line above try

been testing this for a few days with latest SVN and had only 1 freeze and i think it with internet timeout

- Hack_kid - 2010-12-13

also solver i noticed when i use your script with the SLik skin which uses same fonts as PM3.HD the font is all messed up in your skin (well not messed up just ugly) artist names overlapp song names if there is a y or g or something in the artist name. is there any way to make the script load a specific font?

- dominater01 - 2010-12-13

Hack_kid Wrote:Here do this. I have it working 100% no thumbs though

1) set player to Mplayer (i know i know makes no sense)
2) turn cover art for now playing song and searches off (i dont think now playing needs to be off but a lot of my songs dont have thumbs and the no thumb placeholder img wont come up unlesss they are disabled solver is aware of this)
3) open up grooveshark.py in a text editor. scroll down not too far just a little after the search_limit 250 line and where it defines all the names like PLAYLISTS etc and look for def onInit(self): and put xbmc.sleep (500) below it, and one line above try

been testing this for a few days with latest SVN and had only 1 freeze and i think it with internet timeout

i tried to follow this but it keeps saying failed to initialize