Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=74474)

- solver - 2011-04-01

Calmboy Wrote:Yesterday something happened, some of the songs i used to play did not play anymore. I tried different players with the same result, for example "Dead ringer" by Meat Loaf in "Bat out of hell". I only get the message opening stream and nothing more happends. I am able to play the same song in Internet explorer. I am using Windows 7.

Could you post a debug log to pastebin?

- Calmboy - 2011-04-02

Here is the adress to Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/REVESjyL

- tocheeba - 2011-04-03

I get the same error as Bawk on both of my XBMC machines:

"ERROR Unable to get a new session ID. Wait a few minutes a..."

any suggestions?

- solver - 2011-04-04

tocheeba Wrote:I get the same error as Bawk on both of my XBMC machines:

"ERROR Unable to get a new session ID. Wait a few minutes a..."

any suggestions?

Debug log, please

- dominater01 - 2011-04-05

hey solver i got the script working on xbmc4xbox everything works great

can you please add a save playlist as button

- rapalax - 2011-04-06

After you've started playing, and you listen for a while... the screen just goes blank. I can get out of it by pressing back .. and i get popups when switching songs etc, but aren't you supposed to get some sort visualization or screen saver or something ?

Functionally, the rest of the plugin seems to work great on appletv2

- rbrohman - 2011-04-09

I think that depends on your setup. I prefer having the black screen to the visualizer, but I think you can change it by pulling up the player menu (the windows button on an mce remote) and changing the preference there.

- kcmoney13 - 2011-04-11

Hey all,

Love this add-on. I use it everyday. I have one question though. If I launch Grooveshark and I play a playlist that I have. Then exit out of the script so I can browse around. I am getting a script error but the music is still playing with no issues.

I can go back into the script or change songs with no problems. Just have a script error. is this happening to anyone else?

- drock - 2011-04-14

I just started using the add-on, and so far I like what I've been able to use.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to search for songs. In the menu I get, when I choose search, nothing happens. I can listen to songs that are on the popular list, but I can't search for songs. Is it maybe due to not being signed up/logged in?

Or is it maybe a bug?? I just updated my XBMC to one of the newest (if not THE newest) revision. Currently using the Aeon MQ2 skin, if that matters any.

- solver - 2011-04-15

kcmoney13 Wrote:Hey all,

Love this add-on. I use it everyday. I have one question though. If I launch Grooveshark and I play a playlist that I have. Then exit out of the script so I can browse around. I am getting a script error but the music is still playing with no issues.

I can go back into the script or change songs with no problems. Just have a script error. is this happening to anyone else?

Could you upload a log to pastebin? I might have an idea of what's causing it...

- solver - 2011-04-16

drock Wrote:I just started using the add-on, and so far I like what I've been able to use.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to search for songs. In the menu I get, when I choose search, nothing happens. I can listen to songs that are on the popular list, but I can't search for songs. Is it maybe due to not being signed up/logged in?

Or is it maybe a bug?? I just updated my XBMC to one of the newest (if not THE newest) revision. Currently using the Aeon MQ2 skin, if that matters any.

Could you upload a debug log to pastebin?

- solver - 2011-04-16

dominater01 Wrote:hey solver i got the script working on xbmc4xbox everything works great

can you please add a save playlist as button

Do mind putting it in the issue tracker on the google code page? That way I might even remember to add it Wink

- da-bitsch - 2011-04-17

Very nice script! i got one question though!

i want to run the script of my atv1 making my system the ultimate party thingy (my stereo is hooked up to my tv and my atv is hooked up to my tv).. for now i am using a remote to control my atv and searching songs and adding songs to the queue would be a pain this way... is there a way to add songs to the playlist via a computer and then make the grooveshark for xbmc auto update the playlist so the newly added songs will automatically be pushed to the grooveshark-xbmc?

- spartacus51 - 2011-04-18

I'm pretty new to grooveshark but the feature that has me liking it is "stations" but I don't see this as part of this addon. If I wanted to listen to a playlist I'd make a playlist in one of the other 37 ways I have to make playlists. I want radio i.e. I'm too stupid to find music on my own; someone please do it for me. Am I missing something?

- aptalca - 2011-04-19

does xbmc not enable addons after they have been fixed/updated?
my grooveshark addon had been disabled (automatically) for months. I manually enabled it and to my surprise, it works perfectly well. I am confused :-)