Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=74474)

- solver - 2011-07-25

-EaS- Wrote:Well, the only thing I've used (since 2 days) is your (great!) add-on, and before that maybe once or twice grooveshark itself on http://grooveshark.com/. Never any downloader or such stuff.

The returns on searches on grooveshark.com itself are correct, and also the correct songs are played. I can make a playlist on the website, that also plays correctly on XBMC/Grooveshark add-on. Also songs I can choose in popular play correctly on XBMC. So my IP probably isn't flagged as attacker.

Maybe I messed something up when replacing the 3 files. I will take a look at it (maybe reinstall, looking through the log etc,). I hope I will find out what it is Smile

Hmm, strange. Well get back to me if the problem persists.

- Kytrix - 2011-07-25

solver
Thank you it works now !!

a little question :
is there a way to integrate better with xbmc default theme ? and also use classic escape or backward key to get out of grooveshark plugin Smile

By the way good work Smile your plugin is GIANT Smile

- solver - 2011-07-25

Kytrix Wrote:a little question :
is there a way to integrate better with xbmc default theme ? and also use classic escape or backward key to get out of grooveshark plugin Smile

The plan is to make it more skinable and maybe some options to tweak navigation. But there's also a plugin for grooveshark that integrates fully with XBMC. Try searching for "xbmc plugin" in the forum.

- VanZan - 2011-07-25

solver Wrote:The plan is to make it more skinable and maybe some options to tweak navigation. But there's also a plugin for grooveshark that integrates fully with XBMC. Try searching for "xbmc plugin" in the forum.
It's not working.

- VanZan - 2011-07-25

solver Wrote:Sorry, VanZan. I'm afraid I've given up supporting the XBOX. It's getting increasingly difficult to support both xbox4xbmc and XBMC because the code base is starting to differ quite a lot. That said, I've heard from others that it runs on XBMC and the changes I've made shouldn't affect stability. Any chance you could get me the log? Might be something in there...

After turning on debugging I'm fairly sure it's a memory problem. The script just keeps eating away at the XBOX's limited memory. I tried turning off cover art in the settings but it had no effect (it kept displaying the cover art as well). Don't suppose there's anything else I can turn off etc to reduce the load?

- Kytrix - 2011-07-26

Hi,
I get a freeze with launching addon (I made svn update yesterday after your correct of ascii error)
to reproduce:
press enter to open grooveshark
don't wait the gui and press enter again (I can't reproduce by mouse clic)

Why it happends ?
I'm using a remote on my multimedia pc, after clicking,(2 or 3s) nothing happend, so I think remote signal wasn't received
so I click another time, and it freeze interface (no change, stay on audio plugin page, and keys had no effects)
The only way to get out is to kill xbmc :/

the log show nothing interesting:
Code:
20:55:01 T:139650348332800 M:1428414464  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:55:01 T:139650348332800 M:1428537344  NOTICE: GrooveShark: Initialized as a post-dharma plugin
20:55:01 T:139650348332800 M:1428537344  NOTICE: GrooveShark: Debugging enabled

a loading popup could be nice if starting can't be faster Smile And avoiding accidental re-launch who seem to crash Smile

- lewistech - 2011-07-27

My probs were fixed with the updated files in post 529

- solver - 2011-07-27

VanZan Wrote:After turning on debugging I'm fairly sure it's a memory problem. The script just keeps eating away at the XBOX's limited memory. I tried turning off cover art in the settings but it had no effect (it kept displaying the cover art as well). Don't suppose there's anything else I can turn off etc to reduce the load?

I'll have a look at the code to see why it doesn't disable coverart. You can reduce the number of search results to reduce the load.

Not sure what to do about the memory consumption though. I'll see if I have some run-away memory munching code somewhere.

- solver - 2011-07-27

Kytrix Wrote:Hi,
I get a freeze with launching addon (I made svn update yesterday after your correct of ascii error)
to reproduce:
press enter to open grooveshark
don't wait the gui and press enter again (I can't reproduce by mouse clic)

Why it happends ?
I'm using a remote on my multimedia pc, after clicking,(2 or 3s) nothing happend, so I think remote signal wasn't received
so I click another time, and it freeze interface (no change, stay on audio plugin page, and keys had no effects)
The only way to get out is to kill xbmc :/

the log show nothing interesting:
Code:
20:55:01 T:139650348332800 M:1428414464  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:55:01 T:139650348332800 M:1428537344  NOTICE: GrooveShark: Initialized as a post-dharma plugin
20:55:01 T:139650348332800 M:1428537344  NOTICE: GrooveShark: Debugging enabled

a loading popup could be nice if starting can't be faster Smile And avoiding accidental re-launch who seem to crash Smile

I'll see what I can do.

Version 0.4.2 on its way - solver - 2011-07-27

I've asked for a pull from my repo so the version with the new fixes is on its way.

- VanZan - 2011-07-27

solver Wrote:You can reduce the number of search results to reduce the load..
Is that an option in the plugin settings? I don't remember seeing it. I'm away from my XBOX at the moment and can't check.

- solver - 2011-07-27

VanZan Wrote:Is that an option in the plugin settings? I don't remember seeing it. I'm away from my XBOX at the moment and can't check.

Whoops, I forget I had removed that option after i switched to the new API. But could you post the log? Maybe there's hint in there somewhere.

- -EaS- - 2011-07-31

solver Wrote:Hmm, strange. Well get back to me if the problem persists.

Ok, thanks!
The Addon has now auto-updated to version 0.4.2
I'm using a XBMC build from feb 24 2011 ("pre 11")
One thing seems to have improved:

1 - the "partial" search on a band still has the same result (see screenshots) as described in post 544:
Image Image Image

2 - But an exact entry (but only an exact entry) of the bandname has the desired result:
Image Image Image

The partial name search should work correct? (Especially since it only returns one hit)

Here is a log (partly) of the 2 queries above (first is partial name search, second is full name search):
http://www.pastie.org/2296867

- VanZan - 2011-08-02

solver Wrote:Whoops, I forget I had removed that option after i switched to the new API. But could you post the log? Maybe there's hint in there somewhere.
I got a log but it's too large for pastebin. I uploaded it here.

- Zill - 2011-08-02

Hi!

Before I go about my whining, I think your script looks great and it's quite a deal maker for me to use XBMC (and a central piece in my living room!), well earned ass kissing aside -
I'm still getting the notorious "Session-ID" error, can't even exit the plugin after I enter it, only alt+tab and close the XBMC. Tried installing from the XBMC addons repository, didn't work, tried downloading the zip and installing it via the xbmc "Install from Zip" feature, still no dice.

Please help.. Smile